U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-05-2010, 08:21 PM

44 posts, read 102,870 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaime_mac View Post
Like I said in the PM you sent me, the Rangers are the TEXAS Rangers, not the Dallas Rangers and not the Fort Worth Rangers. The stadium is in Arlington which is in Tarrant County. Tarrant County houses many suburbs and cities, one of which includes Fort Worth....not Dallas.

Dallas and Fort Worth are considered the DFW Metroplex, that does not mean that Fort Worth is a suburb of Dallas or vice versa. Dallas is it's own city, Fort Worth is it's own city, each within two different counties, each of which house numerous different suburbs.

Anytime anyone I know says they are going to see a Rangers game, if god forbid they have to specify where the stadium is they say Arlington, NOT Dallas. I have NEVER heard anyone say they are going to see the Rangers play in Dallas. Anyone in their right mind knows that Arlington is in Tarrant County NOT in Dallas or Dallas County.

Yes Dallas is a city that is bigger then Fort Worth, but Fort Worth is a city on it's own, it is not part of Dallas and never will be. I live IN Dallas proper, I do not like Fort Worth, but I know the difference. I know the difference of which county they lie in, which suburbs are apart of that county and that they are their own independent cities.
I don't live in DFW. I live in Arkansas. My relatives and friends go down there all of the time. They say Dallas. Don't forget that the Dallas Cowboys are in Arlington too. They are certainly not Fort Worth's. The Rangers are also not mostly Fort Worth's. Heck, there were some claiming DFW Airport was in Fort Worth and it isn't. Dallas is a big city by itself too.

Old 06-05-2010, 08:29 PM

1,203 posts, read 3,719,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brajoh81 View Post
I don't live in DFW. I live in Arkansas. My relatives and friends go down there all of the time. They say Dallas. Don't forget that the Dallas Cowboys are in Arlington too. They are certainly not Fort Worth's. The Rangers are also not mostly Fort Worth's. Heck, there were some claiming DFW Airport was in Fort Worth and it isn't. Dallas is a big city by itself too.
Well you just proved my point. You don't live in Texas, you don't know what you're talking about. People that live in Texas realize that Arlington is in Tarrant County which is where Fort Worth is. I never said either team was Fort Worth's....maybe you should read a little more carefully. Once again....the Rangers are the TEXAS Rangers and the Cowboys are the DALLAS Cowboys. Is that clear enough for you? Both stadiums reside in ARLINGTON which is in TARRANT COUNTY....NOT in Dallas! The DFW Airport is surrounded by Irving (which is in Dallas County) Euless, Grapevine and Colleyville (which are in Tarrant County). Perhaps you should do a little more research on where these towns are before you come onto the Dallas board.

Once again....as far as sports teams are concerned the Rangers are the TEXAS Rangers and their stadium is in ARLINGTON which is in TARRANT County NOT Dallas. The Cowboys are the DALLAS Cowboys who use to have a stadium in Irving which is in Dallas County. The stadium has moved to Arlington which is in Tarrant County. No one ever said the team was going to change it's name, but neither of these teams stadiums are in Dallas OR Fort Worth, Arlington is however in Tarrant County which is where Fort Worth is.

Old 06-05-2010, 08:36 PM

10,171 posts, read 12,229,853 times
Quote:
I don't live in DFW. I live in Arkansas.
What the...?! And you were telling me that because I am currently in Chicago that I don't have a right to preach about how Texas should work, when in reality between the two of us, I'm the one that's actually living in Texas too.

Old 06-05-2010, 08:37 PM

Quote:
Well you just proved my point. You don't live in Texas, you don't know what you're talking about. People that live in Texas realize that Arlington is in Tarrant County which is where Fort Worth is. I never said either team was Fort Worth's....maybe you should read a little more carefully. Once again....the Rangers are the TEXAS Rangers and the Cowboys are the DALLAS Cowboys. Is that clear enough for you? Both stadiums reside in ARLINGTON which is in TARRANT COUNTY....NOT in Dallas! The DFW Airport is surrounded by Irving (which is in Dallas County) Euless, Grapevine and Colleyville (which are in Tarrant County). Perhaps you should do a little more research on where these towns are before you come onto the Dallas board.

Once again....as far as sports teams are concerned the Rangers are the TEXAS Rangers and their stadium is in ARLINGTON which is in TARRANT County NOT Dallas. The Cowboys are the DALLAS Cowboys who use to have a stadium in Irving which is in Dallas County. The stadium has moved to Arlington which is in Tarrant County. No one ever said the team was going to change it's name, but neither of these teams stadiums are in Dallas OR Fort Worth, Arlington is however in Tarrant County which is where Fort Worth is.

Yes but neither team was moved there for Fort Worth. They Cowboys were moved to be next to the Rangers. If you look at cities like Kansas City for example, the NFL stadium is next to the MLB stadium. Fort Worth does not have any major league teams of any sport in the city, Dallas does. The Dallas Cowboys are not going to have their name changed to the Fort Worth Cowboys because they are too popular of a team and Fort Worth does not have the name recognition that Dallas does. You are right, suburban cities surround DFW Airport, but someone said it is in Fort Worth. Dallas is also a big city on its own without Fort Worth and the suburbs. Dallas could have a major league and NFL stadium in town too. It already has an NBA and NHL team. Dallas Cowboys used to play in Dallas when they started out.

Old 06-05-2010, 08:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OmShahi View Post
What the...?! And you were telling me that because I am currently in Chicago that I don't have a right to preach about how Texas should work, when in reality between the two of us, I'm the one that's actually living in Texas too.
No, it is just that you are wrong about everything you are saying. You are one example of the double standard I am talking about. Right now Fort Worth is smaller than Dallas and not a suburb, but if FW grows bigger than Dallas, then automatically Dallas becomes a suburb. That makes 0 sense.

Old 06-05-2010, 08:47 PM

Quote:
Yes but neither team was moved there for Fort Worth. They Cowboys were moved to be next to the Rangers. If you look at cities like Kansas City for example, the NFL stadium is next to the MLB stadium. Fort Worth does not have any major league teams of any sport in the city, Dallas does. The Dallas Cowboys are not going to have their name changed to the Fort Worth Cowboys because they are too popular of a team and Fort Worth does not have the name recognition that Dallas does. You are right, suburban cities surround DFW Airport, but someone said it is in Fort Worth. Dallas is also a big city on its own without Fort Worth and the suburbs. Dallas could have a major league and NFL stadium in town too. It already has an NBA and NHL team. Dallas Cowboys used to play in Dallas when they started out.

You keep digging yourself into a hole and I don't think you realize this, especially because YOU DON'T EVEN LIVE IN TEXAS!

No one said the Cowboys were going to change their name, that would be the dumbest thing they could ever do. They moved to Arlington because that is the town that presented the best benefits for "Jerry World" to be built. I am 100% sure the city of Dallas would have loved for the Cowboys to have built a new stadium here but where in gods name would they put it. There is not much land left in Dallas proper that can be built on, and if there is land it's flood planes. You don't want to build in those, that is why they are left alone. In reality you have to knock something down to build in Dallas unless you're building up. I live here, I should know. And yes, they do have an NHL and NBA team in the city of Dallas, both of which play in the SAME stadium. There are not two different stadiums for these teams to play in like they would have had to build for the Cowboys. Arlington is pretty much in the middle of Dallas and Fort Worth and I can safely assume that is why both of those stadiums were built in that town, and Rangers Stadium has been there for a LONG time. They knocked the old stadium down after the new one was built, which was right next to it. The Rangers have been in Arlington for as long as I can remember, even though they are the Texas Rangers.

Dallas stands on it's own without Fort Worth, just as Fort Worth stands on it's own without Dallas. They are TWO DIFFERENT CITIES. Do you not get that? Who cares that Fort Worth doesn't have any major sports teams. Fort Worth is still in the "cowboy state of mind" they still have functioning stock yards which are very popular, but you probably don't know that since you DON'T LIVE HERE!

Old 06-05-2010, 08:49 PM

Quote:
No, it is just that you are wrong about everything you are saying. You are one example of the double standard I am talking about. Right now Fort Worth is smaller than Dallas and not a suburb, but if FW grows bigger than Dallas, then automatically Dallas becomes a suburb. That makes 0 sense.
Again where in gods name are you getting your information from. They are their own cities. Neither is a suburb of each other. Dallas is it's own city located in Dallas County, Fort Worth is it's own city located in Tarrant County. TOTALLY SEPARATE CITIES, TOTALLY SEPARATE COUNTIES. Neither of these cities will EVER become a suburb of each other. Can't happen as they are their own cities and sit in totally different counties then each other. The only way a town/city becomes a suburb of a city is if they are in the same county. Why don't you live here for a while before you start talking about things you DO NOT KNOW!

Old 06-05-2010, 08:51 PM

10,171 posts, read 12,229,853 times
Quote:
You seem like the kind of person who would consider DC a suburb of Baltimore because DC has a smaller population...

Old 06-05-2010, 08:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OmShahi View Post
You seem like the kind of person who would consider DC a suburb of Baltimore because DC has a smaller population...
This guy is seriously off his rocker. Doesn't even live IN Texas and is claiming he knows everything about the DFW Metroplex!

Old 06-05-2010, 09:09 PM

Quote:
Again where in gods name are you getting your information from. They are their own cities. Neither is a suburb of each other. Dallas is it's own city located in Dallas County, Fort Worth is it's own city located in Tarrant County. TOTALLY SEPARATE CITIES, TOTALLY SEPARATE COUNTIES. Neither of these cities will EVER become a suburb of each other. Can't happen as they are their own cities and sit in totally different counties then each other. The only way a town/city becomes a suburb of a city is if they are in the same county. Why don't you live here for a while before you start talking about things you DO NOT KNOW!

Actually small chunks of Dallas and Fort Worth both extend into Denton County if you look at the map. Anaheim and Orange County are suburbs of LA, but they are not in the same county.

DFW Airport is actually closer to Dallas than Fort Worth. I found that yesterday.

Dallas has land for building a stadium and they also have the Cotton Bowl still, which can be used for other sports purposes other than the Cotton Bowl itself.

Also, Dallas and Fort Worth share the same TV market. There are about an equal number of TV stations in each city that cover north Texas.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas