U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-29-2010, 03:43 PM

1,194 posts, read 3,031,399 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepper131 View Post
Henderson Ave. Which you probably new as a nasty low income street. I has changed A LOT!!!
Look for Barcadia, Hacienda, Horne and Dekker (new), J Blacks, Park, Bar Celine.
Ditto that. Henderson Ave is the current hot spot for dining and bar hopping. BTW, I tried Horne & Dekker on Saturday and the food was excellent!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2014, 05:56 AM

3,103 posts, read 1,722,747 times
I don't consider Uptown super rich, but some apartment rents would be considered expensive.

A lot of people in their 20s, recent college graduates, double up with a roommate.

The great thing about Uptown is being close to the bars. You can meet a lot of desirable singles in the bars on McKinney, or even some off McKinney bars like 6th St, Kung Fu, etc. I know a few couples who met at 6th St. Proximity to the bars helps with getting same night lays.

Old 08-19-2014, 11:55 AM

443 posts, read 339,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andyATMcandy View Post
My gf and I just signed and are moving very soon... we are recent graduates but aren't 30-40k aires......

The whole thing for us is it's soo convenient, it's young, you don't have to drive far, lots of our friends live there, it's hip/trendy/cool, it's walkable everywhere, lots of great bars/restaurants/shops to go to, and did I mention walkable?

We looked over our finances pretty strongly before making the decision of course. Perhaps it helps having a 2 income household (knock on wood)

Are you both currently employed? I just want to clarify that you are making more than "30-40k" or believe you both as recent grads to an extremely flooded market are better than "30-40k"?

If the latter, you have a world of hurt coming. Granted, I came from Chicago market and out of college was at the upper 40's. Now at 25 with my MBA, I am making solid income.

Uptown is definitely a younger, yuppie hipster town. It's for city life folks. Enjoy it, I'll stick to my burbs.

Old 08-19-2014, 12:36 PM

152 posts, read 239,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gocubs418 View Post
Are you both currently employed? I just want to clarify that you are making more than "30-40k" or believe you both as recent grads to an extremely flooded market are better than "30-40k"?
You haven't heard the "$40,000 Millionaire" term for somebody living far beyond their actual income?

Old 08-19-2014, 08:04 PM

4,153 posts, read 7,648,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by matteo81 View Post
You haven't heard the "$40,000 Millionaire" term for somebody living far beyond their actual income?
Alright, on subject.

It was interesting how our old Uptown neighborhood would get rowdy around your typical paydays and quite leading up to those days. I mean it would be the difference in hearing crickets and the noise being so loud you couldn't sleep. I'm pretty sure local clubs setup up events according to general paydays as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas