Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Dayton
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-14-2011, 03:03 PM

2,107 posts, read 5,085,472 times

Advertisements

Oh, look at Stonehill Village as well. It's in Beavercreek Township, has nice custom homes in your price range, and has a community center and pool. It doesn't have a golf course (sorry!). It is part of Beavercreek Schools. While the neighborhood is a large 150-acre master planned community, only three neighborhoods have been built. I personally like the plan for the community because of the large amount of greenspace set aside. From what I have heard, the devloper has some pretty strict design standards, which has probably impeded some of the cookie-cutter builders from coming there. Still, for what's been built, it has filled in rather well. I'd expect more development to eventually pick up there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2011, 08:13 PM

2,554 posts, read 6,903,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crew Chief View Post
More good news: I-70 will be three lanes all the way from Springfield to Columbus in the next year or so!
That's what they are doing. I swear I drove that whole distance and was irritated by the drive so much because of all the orange cones I never really paid attention to what they were probaly doing. Nice that it will be wider.

Old 07-24-2011, 08:15 PM

2,554 posts, read 6,903,195 times
Buffalo, if you are looking for a "different" experience, Columbus is like apples to oranges when it comes to Buffalo. It is like a sunbelt city up north. Plus, I am sure you will find the weather to be significantly better in Columbus over Buffalo. Columbus is a younger, much more vibrant city than Buffalo. But don't rule out Dayton either, there are some really nice areas to look into there. You will have to go down soon and check both out so YOU can see what YOU like.

Do you have plans to do a quick trip to check the area out?

Old 07-25-2011, 02:59 PM

6,351 posts, read 21,535,238 times
LivinginBuffalo, I've got really GREAT news! You don't have to regret not moving to Atlanta and here's why:

- We have Waffle Houses up here
- You can read the Atlanta Journal-Constitution on line
- The I-675 is MUCH nicer than I-285
- Ohio has NO kudzu!

Welcome to Ohio! Hope you like it here as much as we do!

Old 07-25-2011, 05:15 PM

528 posts, read 1,284,235 times
Default Hi all. We did take a trip to Ohio last week. We visited both

Columbus area (Dublin, Hilliard and Powell) and Dayton area (Beavercreek, Springboro, Centerville and BellBrook). We actually liked the Dayton area very much and more than Columbus as a matter of fact. It was similar to home for us but not what we originally signed up for- Atlanta with its golf course communities with newer homes. We enjoyed our time in Ohio but have decided we are going ahead with Atlanta after all. BeaverCreek was actually our favorite town! I loved The Greene!! Thanks to you all for your input. We are glad we took the time to come visit but feel good about our decision.

Old 07-25-2011, 05:59 PM

2,107 posts, read 5,085,472 times
Again, no problem. Even though you didn't come here, perhaps others who read these boards will take the information provided by both you and us to come to a better decision on where to move. Glad you are happy with your decision, as that is what matters most. Happy Travels!

Old 07-26-2011, 10:36 AM

6,351 posts, read 21,535,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by livinginbuffalo View Post
Columbus area (Dublin, Hilliard and Powell) and Dayton area (Beavercreek, Springboro, Centerville and BellBrook). We actually liked the Dayton area very much and more than Columbus as a matter of fact. It was similar to home for us but not what we originally signed up for- Atlanta with its golf course communities with newer homes. We enjoyed our time in Ohio but have decided we are going ahead with Atlanta after all. BeaverCreek was actually our favorite town! I loved The Greene!! Thanks to you all for your input. We are glad we took the time to come visit but feel good about our decision.
Glad you at least gave us in the Buckeye due consideration and we're glad we could help! But, fair warning; In Atlanta, they don't care about how you did it up "Nawth"... Best of luck!

Old 07-31-2011, 04:49 PM

16,393 posts, read 30,282,333 times
If you choose to commute from Columbus to Springfield, have a "emergency plan" to stay in Springfield if the weather gets real bad. While the weather rarely gets THAT bad, that stretch of road can get pretty dicey during a major winter storm.

Old 08-06-2011, 07:01 AM

450 posts, read 1,059,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by livinginbuffalo View Post
morning. I wish so much that we could live in a Columbus suburb more than Dayton. I, too, worry about resale. I don't want to downsize from where I am now moving to a new city with considerably higher pay just because I might have to resell. What am I looking at for a commute to Springfield from these Columbus suburbs? The DAyton airport isn't real good either. No direct flights anywhere we would want to travel anyway. He is used to doing a real boring 45 minute commute, all thruway from our old house in this area and if it was for a better community with golf and better resale, he would be willing to. Even Springboro was 45-55 minutes to his work so I had to rule that out. Centerville is 38-48, Oakwood 38 mins and Beavercreak was least with 30 minutes.

I did talk to the sales agent and club membership manager at Country Club of the North and it is doable as far as pricing for us. I will have to see this all with my own eyes though.

Thanks so much. You are my only help at this point!!

PS I want to stay in the $650K range but can do up to $800K if it had EVERYTHING we wanted with no work needed (and a pool which don't seem too common either!)
I am originally from Buffalo, IMO there are only a handful of homes in WNY on the market at any given time in the price range you are suggesting. They would most likely be in Southtowns, Clarence or possibly East Amherst. I currently live in Springfield and because we are a small town here, word spreads quickly about job openings in a salary range you've mentioned in your post. There are also only a very few employers in this area with executives in that pay grade. No one I've talked to is aware of any high caliber people moving here. You're not just having a little fun with us local yokels are you?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Dayton