Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Dayton
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-12-2012, 01:27 PM

2,491 posts, read 4,447,124 times

Advertisements

Did anyone go to the First Four Festival yesterday in the Oregon District? I went and all I can say is - Wow! The city, the NCAA, UD and anyone else involved did a fantastic job in throwing that party. Of course the ideal weather helped, but the atmosphere was electric. All the bars and restaurants were packed, and thousands more were out on the street watching the OSU game and other games on large TVs. The city really put on a good showing for the many visitors who don't often go downtown.

I have tickets to both Tuesday and Wednesday sessions at UD Arena. Looking forward to seeing UD put on another great national tournament and welcoming the president and the British prime minister.

Keep it up Dayton!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-12-2012, 02:06 PM

4,244 posts, read 7,138,529 times
I tend to be negative about Dayton, but I will say that the UD Arena is a great place to watch basketball. Excellent sitelines.

Sounds like this festival was tops! Hope they can continue with it after 2013.

Old 03-12-2012, 02:46 PM

4,471 posts, read 6,179,359 times
When things get jumping in Oregon it's usually a fun place to be. The city has done some dumb things over the years. Like cracking down on bikers for little reason and running them out to Quaker Steak and Lube in Beavercreek. But overall fun times can be had in both Oregon District and the CBD with the right festival.

Old 03-12-2012, 06:59 PM

2,107 posts, read 5,055,529 times
I enjoyed it. Did not stay long as it was quite crowded (which is good!). Nice to see activity in the center of town.

Only downside I have to say about all of this activity and events is it screws with my commute, but for the recognition it brings, I'll take two crummy commute days.

Old 03-13-2012, 08:07 AM

41,737 posts, read 74,684,043 times
I'd like it a lot better if UD could play its game in its own arena.

Old 03-13-2012, 11:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
I'd like it a lot better if UD could play its game in its own arena.
I'd like it a lot better if UD didn't have to play in the First Four and was prepping for a Thursday or Friday game.

I'd like to see Dayton keep the First Four indefinitely. Had UD played in it this year and won, there would be a big outcry about unfairness and calls to move it to a neutral site to avoid the Flyers getting a home game in the NCAA.

Old 03-13-2012, 12:48 PM

41,737 posts, read 74,684,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by abr7rmj View Post
I'd like it a lot better if UD didn't have to play in the First Four and was prepping for a Thursday or Friday game.
Well, yeah ... and UD could avoid the whole mess by not losing stupid games and qualifying for the NCAA instead of the NIT. But that didn't happen, and now because of these play-in games, UD with the higher seed is forced to go on the road.

Money, money, money .... *sigh*

Old 03-13-2012, 01:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
Well, yeah ... and UD could avoid the whole mess by not losing stupid games and qualifying for the NCAA instead of the NIT. But that didn't happen, and now because of these play-in games, UD with the higher seed is forced to go on the road.

Money, money, money .... *sigh*
It's good for the city of Dayton. Really, if UD is tired of these repeated conflicts with the NIT ...

... don't go to the NIT.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Dayton
View detailed profiles of: