Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Dayton
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-26-2012, 12:18 PM

1,898 posts, read 2,740,776 times

Advertisements

This is a place for people interested in the exterior of the U.D. library to post their opinions.

My good deed for the day.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2012, 03:50 PM

12,073 posts, read 23,152,474 times
I didn't know there was anything about the exterior of U.D.'s main libray that was worth discussing.

Old 05-28-2012, 04:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe from dayton View Post
I didn't know there was anything about the exterior of U.D.'s main libray that was worth discussing.
Well, it will surely cost money, and that's always worth discussing.

If someone decides that, really, the way to pay for it is to start selling turkey raffle tickets door to door, will you buy one?

(I was just trying to help the lady out with topic posting.)

Old 05-28-2012, 06:56 PM

2,107 posts, read 5,063,894 times
I don't see how money should matter as UD is a private institution. There are no direct tax payer dollars funding the renovation and exterior residing of the main library.

I would be more worried about donors building all these statues

Old 05-29-2012, 07:01 AM

12,073 posts, read 23,152,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarpathianPeasant View Post
Well, it will surely cost money, and that's always worth discussing.

If someone decides that, really, the way to pay for it is to start selling turkey raffle tickets door to door, will you buy one?

(I was just trying to help the lady out with topic posting.)
The library exterior is not curently undergoing any renovation. Perhaps you are thinking of College Park Center on Brown Street?

As stated above, it's their money to do with as they please.

Old 05-29-2012, 07:26 AM

Quote:
The library exterior is not curently undergoing any renovation. Perhaps you are thinking of College Park Center on Brown Street?

Reference: Don't Fret, Stranger! thread. The topic was incorporated there. I merely gave it's due as a separate thread.

As for whose money it is, it would be the money of the people expected to donate. On that you can presume many thousands in the Dayton area alone. Among other things, the place does graduate a number of local people every year. Pick a number and multiply by about 60 years.

Old 05-29-2012, 08:24 PM

2,107 posts, read 5,063,894 times
Quote:

While CPC on Brown is being given a new facade, the same is about to happen to the library. The pebbled veneer will be replaced with brick. It's supposed to make it blend more with the campus. There will also be interior upgrades (more seating, new elevators, general freshening). Sadly, it now pales in comparison to the newly renovated OSU main library (that thing is a beauty)!

Other projects include the Science Center Labs getting central air and new windows. The A/C in the labs will make my mother's job 20X easier .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Dayton