Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Dayton
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-28-2013, 07:02 AM

2 posts, read 3,040 times

Advertisements

Hello Folks,

We are pcsing to WPAFB from Missouri this fall. We are considering building a home in Carriage Trails. We have 3 boys between the ages 10-12, one has Asperger's (Autism) and is very high functioning. My son is currently not on an IEP but does need help from a school counselor regularly. We are considering Bethel Local Schools. We like the size of Bethel since we are coming from a small town but my concerns are that is may be too small and not get what he needs. I would love to hear opinions and suggestions. We are going to retire here so we just want to make sure we are making the right decision. We are heading to Dayton to meet with different builders.

Thanks so much for your time!

H

Where you are working? WPAFB Area A
-How much you are willing to spend on housing? 250,000-275,000
-How long of a commute you're willing to tolerate 15-20 mins
-If you have kids: Private school or public school? Public
-What type of neighborhood environment you are looking for: small town feeling? small city excitement? suburbia delight? Small town with city conveniences
-Community amenities important to you? Safe neighborhood and schools
-Pie or cake? cupcakes
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2013, 07:59 AM

3,513 posts, read 5,161,281 times
Will be sending a PM.

I invite anyone else out there who wishes to know more about Bethel to send me a PM as well.

Old 07-28-2013, 08:10 AM

2,107 posts, read 5,085,472 times
I have a friend who just built a Ryan home in that neighborhood. She fell in love with it because the schools were much better than Huber's (her opinion, not mine).

I cannot speak to the services portion, but there has to be a reason why so many people are flocking there. My opinion? It's much cheaper than Beavercreek or Centerville, has decent schools and is the same distance, if not closer to WPAFB (especially area A) than places like Centerville and Springboro.

Old 07-28-2013, 09:07 AM

She would be correct that Bethel schools are much better than Huber. They are on par with Tipp City, Troy, or Miami East. Definitely better than Wayne, Tecumseh, or Vandalia.

Old 07-28-2013, 03:28 PM

2 posts, read 3,040 times
Wright Flyer and OHKid,

Thanks for taking time to respond and for your wonderful PM. Bethel seems like it will be the right fit for our family.

We are meeting with the Ryan Builder next week!!

Old 07-28-2013, 05:48 PM

Of course! Glad I could help!

Ryan Homes has a lot of nice lots right along one of the ponds still open... I'm assuming that section (the Lakes) is where you will be looking with your budget. They also have the only cul-de-sac lots too. FYI, Senna St. will eventually connect to US 40, and does connect to the developments to the south, so it will have more traffic than the other streets within a few years.

M/I homes as wooded lots in a more isolated section (at least for now) of the development called "the Woods", and Inverness (the most popular builder in Carriage Trails as of yet) has just opened up a new higher price-point section of housing also in "the Lakes". Both of these have a lot of options in the $250k - $275k range, so they may be worth a look too.

Carriage Trails - The Estates - Homes for Sale in Tipp City, OH - M/I Homes Dayton
Carriage Trails - New Homes for Sale - Dayton, OH - Inverness Homes USA
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Dayton