Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Dayton
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-30-2012, 01:51 AM

19 posts, read 61,141 times

Advertisements

If you are familiar with East side dayton. An immigrant built a brand new store at the corner of 3rd & Smithville rd. The Store is called "Smithville Market". Everyone knows about his honesty and integrity in the east side dayton. We use to call him "BOSS MAN" or Mr. Kahn. On one side city of Dayton Pretends to be immigrant friendly city.The city is doing its best in Ruining this immigrants Life. Is this the example city is setting to lure more immigrants to this city. Please read yourself the july 27th city meeting agenda. One of the biggest opponents of this buissness from getting the Beer license is city Commisioner Lovelace. The city of Dayton May pretend to be immigrant friendly but so far they have been stabbing the immigrants in the back. please citizens and immigrants read the june 27 city commision meeting agenda towards the bottom.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2012, 02:09 AM

11 posts, read 47,469 times
Lovelace is friends with Connie Nisonger (not so immigrant friendly) and Tim Hunley (a Retired police officer & currently works for court house security). Mr. Tim Hunley has been fighting this immigrant since 2009. The city is just helping hunley since he is a city employee or we call it favoritism. The city of dayton was never immigrant friendly. Welcome dayton plan is just to fill vacant houses.
This what tim hunley writes on his facebook.
Smithville Market 3RD/Smithville Rd. A Priority Board meeting this Thursday on E Fifth St. will be discussing the liquor permit Khan has applied for. Come out and speak AGAINST the DUMP HOLE from getting one. The meeting will be at 7 pm. You apparently don't have to live anywhere near here to speak. One neighbor has already moved due to this DUMP HOLE. Let's not have anymore empty houses in the neighborhood due to this Come out, Thursday at 7pm, to the SouthEast Priority Board meeting and tell the voting board how you are against this place.Tim Hunley
Pakistani guy has money given to him to buy corner lots. Many neighbors protested his intention of a convenience store. Priority Board, Zoning, City Commission turned a deaf ear on the neighbors and approved the store. Store is built, he... has applied for liquor permit. Neighbors will protest this one and do the same as before, speak at all the meetings. One neighbor has now moved out of the city. Pakistani guy has been causing me and my brother trouble by calling businesses and claiming to own the lots beside my house where 4 billboards are located. He doesn't own that property, my brother does. If he gets the permit, which he will, I will have to deal with the drunks, dopers, and mentals passed out on my property, my brothers property and my mom's on the other side of the dump hole. One person in the city claimed that if I or Garry had any interest in the property we would have bought it years ago. I would have, but at $250,000.00 I couldn't afford it. It is supposed to close at 11 pm now, but it was open 24 hours on his opening day a week ago. At the meetings a year ago he paid people to show up that spoke for the business. Some came from as far as Linden Ave in the Hearthstone neighborhood. He obviously will go to any length to get what he wants. 12 neighbors here are against it that I have talked to. Mark, meetings are useless as no one really cares what anyone has to say. As long as they collect their payroll check why should they care about anyone elses problems. I live here cause my 84 year old mother lives on the other side of the dump hole. I am close if she needs help and at this point and time she has lived there so long she won't move. She asked me last night how 1 man could run over the whole neighborhood and the city goes along with him on it. I had an answer for her and you know what that was.... I will end up officially trespassing him off all our properties. I will wait for the right time to do it. Ray Alexander, city, sent out meeting notices and on the cover letter suggested to call him and talk to him about whether we are for or against the permit. Called him the next day, but he immediately had started his vacation. Some neighbors submitted letters and others have just given up. They were present at the circus last year and feel it is useless. I do too, but I will attend the meetings to exercise my 1st amendment rights.See More

Old 06-30-2012, 09:11 AM

12,064 posts, read 23,110,538 times
Dayton doesn't need ANOTHER liquor license in the city and it has nothing to do with immigration issues. It never ceases to amaze me when folks pop up on this forum and act like their constitutional rights have been violated when they have to walk more than three blocks for a beer. And yes, I work in the city and own a home on the east side.

Old 06-30-2012, 09:41 AM

1,898 posts, read 2,735,978 times
Seems like I already read a relatively long report on this matter, presumably in the Dayton Daily News.

Surely it's not necessary to have a liquor license to operate a market.

Old 06-30-2012, 01:06 PM

The owner built one of the nicest building in the east side. I pass by the store everyday and never see any customers. Hate to see this nice building turn into an abandoned building. I am a carpenter and i sure can help the owner Boardup the windows and doors. This will be a perfect spot for Griffiti artists once its shut down.

Old 06-30-2012, 07:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dayton007 View Post
The owner built one of the nicest building in the east side. I pass by the store everyday and never see any customers. Hate to see this nice building turn into an abandoned building. I am a carpenter and i sure can help the owner Boardup the windows and doors. This will be a perfect spot for Griffiti artists once its shut down.
Can you get and post a picture?

Postscript: That's a very heavy collection of "facebook friends," and I don't mean just the number.

Last edited by CarpathianPeasant; 06-30-2012 at 07:57 PM..

Old 07-02-2012, 09:59 PM

235 posts, read 432,742 times
I've seen the store. I've even been in it. It is a very nice building, and very clean. I would rather drive up to the top of hill to go there rather than go to Sams or East End Market. At either of these stores, you get aprroached in the parking lot by panhandlers or drug dealers.
I remember when the gentleman who owns the store worked at another establishment in the area. When he worked there, you could feel safe, as he kept a watch and drove away all the lowlife. Now when I visit the other place, which is not very often, I only go to the drive thru window to avoid all the lowlife hanging in the parking lot.
People just need to visit Smithville Market to see how different and much nicer it is than the other places on E Third.

Old 07-05-2012, 08:02 AM

12,064 posts, read 23,110,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lived here forever View Post
I've seen the store. I've even been in it. It is a very nice building, and very clean. I would rather drive up to the top of hill to go there rather than go to Sams or East End Market. At either of these stores, you get aprroached in the parking lot by panhandlers or drug dealers.
I remember when the gentleman who owns the store worked at another establishment in the area. When he worked there, you could feel safe, as he kept a watch and drove away all the lowlife. Now when I visit the other place, which is not very often, I only go to the drive thru window to avoid all the lowlife hanging in the parking lot.
People just need to visit Smithville Market to see how different and much nicer it is than the other places on E Third.

Based on your post I stopped by there last night to check it out and spend a couple of dollars. You are right. It is a clean store. Hopefully he can keep it looking that way.

Old 07-05-2012, 10:02 PM

Default channel 2 news

<object type="application/x-shockwave-flash" id="video" width="640" height="520" data="http://www.wdtn.com/video/videoplaye...=20361"><param value="http://www.wdtn.com/video/videoplaye...pversion=20361" name="movie"/><param value="&skin=MP1ExternalAll-MFL.swf&embed=true&adSizeArray=1x1000,2x40,3x1000& adSrc=http%3A%2F%2Fad%2Edoubleclick%2Enet%2FN5678% 2Fpfadx%2Flin%2Ewdtn%2Fnews%2Fmetro%2Fmetro%5F11%2 Fdetail%3Bdcmt%3Dtext%2Fxml%3Bpos%3D%25pos%25%3Bti le%3D2%3Bfname%3Dnew%2Downer%2Dhandcuffed%2Dby%2Do ld%2Dlaw%3Bloc%3D%25loc%25%3Bsz%3D%25size%25%3Bord %3D37949402872338830%3Frand%3D%25rand%25&flv=http% 3A%2F%2Fwww%2Ewdtn%2Ecom%2Ffeeds%2FoutboundFeed%3F obfType%3DVIDEO%5FPLAYER%5FSMIL%5FFEED%26component Id%3D24102083&img=http%3A%2F%2Fmedia2%2Ewdtn%2Ecom %2F%2Fphoto%2F2012%2F07%2F05%2FOld%5Flaw%5Fhandcuf fs%5Fnew%5Fed3fbc92%2D6a23%2D4180%2D9e6a%2D4314302 ffd610000%5F20120705182313%5F640%5F480%2EJPG&story =http%3A%2F%2Fwww%2Ewdtn%2Ecom%2Fdpp%2Fnews%2Floca l%2Fmontgomery%2Fnew%2Downer%2Dhandcuffed%2Dby%2Do ld%2Dlaw%3Fref%3Dscroller%26categoryId%3D10001%26s tatus%3Dtrue&category=local&title=Old%20law%20hand cuffs%20new%20owner&oacct=dpsdpswdtn,dpsglobal&ovn s=fim&headline=New%20owner%20handcuffed%20by%20old %20law&toggleVideoCode=3" name="FlashVars"/><param value="all" name="allowNetworking"/><param value="always" name="allowScriptAccess"/></object><p style="width:640px"><a href="New owner handcuffed by old law owner handcuffed by old law: wdtn.com</a></p>

Old 07-06-2012, 06:41 AM

(Regarding the above ^ The blue line at the end will get someone the WDTN story of July 5.)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Dayton