Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Dayton
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-06-2012, 05:30 PM

41 posts, read 62,397 times

Advertisements

Was in Dayton in July, for brothers going away ceremoy, who had two houses on Salem Ave. which is already in the Grave Yard; Looks as if the entire city is following. GOOD LUCK GEM CITY.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2012, 05:36 PM

8,515 posts, read 16,147,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by J. PRICE View Post
Was in Dayton in July, for brothers going away ceremoy, who had two houses on Salem Ave. which is already in the Grave Yard; Looks as if the entire city is following. GOOD LUCK GEM CITY.
Yeah, Dayton is done.

Old 10-06-2012, 05:40 PM

41 posts, read 62,397 times
Cool This all, is true; the entire Westside is gone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J. PRICE View Post
All of Salem Ave. has turned into a wastr land.

Old 10-06-2012, 05:51 PM

41,790 posts, read 74,837,182 times
Right. Based on two houses.

Old 10-07-2012, 08:28 AM

4,472 posts, read 6,197,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
Right. Based on two houses.

Salem is in pretty bad shape along several sections.

Old 10-07-2012, 09:12 AM

41,790 posts, read 74,837,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomJones123 View Post
Salem is in pretty bad shape along several sections.
Oh, I agree. But as Salem Avenue goes, does the entire city? No. That's my point.

Old 10-07-2012, 09:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
Oh, I agree. But as Salem Avenue goes, does the entire city? No. That's my point.
Ya, I wouldn't go so far to say that Salem Ave is the city's barometer. Personally, I like several neighborhoods along Salem Ave. University Row and Dayton View Triangle being two of them. Dayton View is a rough area but I like the layout of the neighborhood and the homes as well.

Old 10-07-2012, 08:15 PM

225 posts, read 461,018 times
I am from Dayton and 31 years old....never in my lifetime has Salem Ave been a nice place to live or hang out. I was in Dayton over the weekend we were in Beavercreek which seems to be doing well, Patterson Park, which also seems to be doing well, and finally we were in Washington Township which also seems to be doing well. If you were to diversify your travels of the Miami Valley you would find it is not nearly as bad as you think it is. In fact I have had numerous friends who are engineers relocate to Dayton because Wright Patterson Air Force base and the numerous contractors who support the base are constantly hiring. My wife and I moved to Columbus from Houston, Texas for her job but I would move back to Dayton with no trepidation if the opportunity presented itself.

Old 10-07-2012, 08:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bam989863 View Post
If you were to diversify your travels of the Miami Valley you would find it is not nearly as bad as you think it is.
Sorry, just moved from Dayton to Cincinnati a couple years ago. Dayton has nice suburbs, but the city itself needs major help, is generally crime ridden, has a high murder rate per capita, and is trashy in a lot of neighborhoods. I prefer city living but Dayton is basically shot and I will not live in suburbia. Glad you like it though.

Old 10-07-2012, 09:48 PM

225 posts, read 461,018 times
I too prefer city living. I still own a house in Dayton on Parkview Ave in the Eastern Hills neighborhood. It is a beautiful home built in the early twenties sits right on a park. It is a working class neighborhood made up of a few teachers, plumbers, electricians, police officers, and even engineers. A family member currently rents it from me. I will concede that Dayton is not what it once was and there are many undesirable parts, I just think the threads that get started on a monthly basis to bash the city of Dayton are excessive and do not deliver a full and fair evaluation of Dayton and it's surrounding suburbs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Dayton