Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Dayton
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-16-2015, 03:11 PM

3,513 posts, read 5,158,013 times

Advertisements

^Thanks for the updates RDreisen! The last one particular is exciting.

Another update or two to go along with those:
City plans to buy former Springboro IGA| Dayton, OH news | www.daytondailynews.com
... and tear it down to improve the intersection.

7 IHOPs coming to Dayton-Springfield area | www.daytondailynews.com
Developer to open 7 IHOPs in quick succession | www.mydaytondailynews.com

Not sure how fast/slow I'd consider a new IHOP every eight months, but it sounds like a sustainable pace at least. Either way, I can't wait until these IHOPs start coming into town! A chain that has been sorely missing from the area for many years (aside from Richmond).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2015, 05:45 PM

1,328 posts, read 1,446,812 times
You're welcome.

Yeah, they have been rumored for a while it seems like.

Old 03-17-2015, 03:36 PM

1,029 posts, read 1,300,519 times
Don't have a link(yet), but WHIO said Beavercreek will build that pedestrian bridge between WSU and Fairfield commons. Presumably, if it's the same plan as mentioned years ago, it will cross 675. I'll try to edit this post when 7 posts it.

Old 03-17-2015, 05:43 PM

Plans unveiled for downtown entertainment district | www.mydaytondailynews.com

Old 03-17-2015, 07:09 PM

^That's great news! And those apartments will go fast. It's a very unique product in the area - new downtown rentals. Can't wait to see the final results.

Old 03-18-2015, 02:55 AM

26 posts, read 25,664 times
Wow that is awesome. I wonder how that will interact with the water street development going on

Old 03-18-2015, 02:28 PM

^Yeah, apologies for my last comment. I didn't follow through on the article - though it was related to this:

Water Stret apartments to break ground Thursday - Dayton Business Journal

Regardless, lots of good news yesterday. With the apartments above, I'm excited but I'm worried about the follow through and the target market. They seem to be very heavily focusing on the LGBT market, which is a great market to target, but I worry about the exclusivity. I'd be a lot happier if their website had some links or posts about the growing YP community, the return of retirees to the city, etc. too. But they are the ones with millions of dollars and years of experience to throw around, so I'm sure they have their cards sorted out.

Other big news, to our extreme south:

Procter & Gamble plans $300M research center in Mason - Dayton Business Journal

And a couple smaller news stories for areas up my way:
Red Robin to hire 100 for new restaurant | www.daytondailynews.com

Still hoping for an announcement on some future northern Miami Valley IHOPs soon. I like IHOP!

Old 03-19-2015, 07:15 PM

2,107 posts, read 5,083,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by weatherphotographer View Post
Don't have a link(yet), but WHIO said Beavercreek will build that pedestrian bridge between WSU and Fairfield commons. Presumably, if it's the same plan as mentioned years ago, it will cross 675. I'll try to edit this post when 7 posts it.
They started it last fall. Not sure why they are reporting the project is just starting. Maybe it is continuing from last year? I saw something about signage being approved. It is the plan you are thinking of though.

Old 03-19-2015, 08:12 PM

Pepzee Realty in North Dayton moves to larger office space - Dayton Business Journal

Old 03-19-2015, 08:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWOH View Post
^Yeah, apologies for my last comment. I didn't follow through on the article - though it was related to this:

Regardless, lots of good news yesterday. With the apartments above, I'm excited but I'm worried about the follow through and the target market. They seem to be very heavily focusing on the LGBT market, which is a great market to target, but I worry about the exclusivity. I'd be a lot happier if their website had some links or posts about the growing YP community, the return of retirees to the city, etc. too. But they are the ones with millions of dollars and years of experience to throw around, so I'm sure they have their cards sorted out.

Other big news, to our extreme south:

Procter & Gamble plans $300M research center in Mason - Dayton Business Journal

And a couple smaller news stories for areas up my way:
Red Robin to hire 100 for new restaurant | www.daytondailynews.com

Still hoping for an announcement on some future northern Miami Valley IHOPs soon. I like IHOP!
It may be in Mason, but it is still really good news for Dayton. One, some of the workers may live/shop up here. Two, it is just another example of how this area is growing again and it will hopefully bring other businesses to the area.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Dayton