Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Dayton
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-27-2016, 09:27 AM

1,328 posts, read 1,434,817 times

Advertisements

http://www.bizjournals.com/dayton/bl...stem-jobs.html

http://www.bizjournals.com/dayton/bl...to-dayton.html

http://www.bizjournals.com/dayton/ne...ar-austin.html

http://www.bizjournals.com/dayton/ne...wn-dayton.html
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2016, 01:26 PM

2,588 posts, read 1,327,967 times
http://m.bizjournals.com/dayton/news...wn-dayton.html

http://m.bizjournals.com/dayton/news...velopment.html

Sadly, the Montgomery County Fair Board President said today that Miller Valentine is expected to walk away from the fairgrounds project He expressed his hope that another developer can be found. This would have been truly a level changer for the city. However, Miller Valentineis a part of another initiative that was announced today that will be, if it comes too fruition, a multi-stage renovation if the Arcade. The developers of the Water Street project also announced plans for a seven story hotel that is slated for the NE corner of Monument and Patterson, directly in front of the new office building that PNC Bank recently relocated to.

Last edited by robertbrianbush; 01-28-2016 at 02:20 PM..

Old 01-28-2016, 01:45 PM

Default Will Fuyao Owner Redevelop the Montgomery County Fairgrounds?

http://www.bizjournals.com/dayton/ne...s-project.html

News has been breaking hard and fast on the downtown development front this morning and early afternoon!!! First came the announcement of a multi-stage redevelopment of the Arcade that is slated to begin with sixty residential units for artists and creative types next year (in the ten story Commercial Building and a building adjacent to it along Fourth Street) and progressing to include multiple uses involving the whole seven building complex in the following years. Then came the news that Miller Valentine was expected to abandon the Fairgrounds project within the next few days as their option on that property expires. This was followed by the announcement of a new seven story hotel planned for the corner of Monument and Patterson. Now the Dayton Business Journal has just broke an exclusive story that, just as news of Miller Valentine being expected to drop the fairgrounds project was breaking, another exciting potential suitor apparently has stepped forward and expressed his interest in taking over that project...the owner of Fuyao. County Commissioner Leiberman also alludes to other potential developers who have expressed an interest in taking over the project. Today has been a really exciting day....we almost need a news ticker to keep track of all of the new major developments!

Last edited by robertbrianbush; 01-28-2016 at 02:02 PM..

Old 01-28-2016, 02:32 PM

Can you post those in their threads? If not, I will later. Thanks.

Old 01-28-2016, 02:40 PM

Default Confusion Over Fairgrounds Project. Important Meeting This Afternoon

Developer to pull out of Montgomery County fairgrounds deal | www.daytondailynews.com

Mixed signals on Fairgrounds project. Also, it appears as through they may have to find a site other than the one in Brookville to relocate the fairgrounds to.

Old 01-28-2016, 03:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RDriesenUD View Post
Can you post those in their threads? If not, I will later. Thanks.
Your welcome! I would like to keep my posts on these on this thread because they are so major that they impact virtually everything else happening in the city on the development front and this thread is the one that ties everything together. Most people I talk to don't seem to realize what all is happening on so many different fronts.Keeping things on one thread may keep it simple for someone doing a search and trying to gauge the level of activity going on in the downtown and its environs. Heck, many suburbanites I have encountered still don't know anything positive is happening in the development front in Dayton proper and think that and behave as though instant rapine and death await them if they so much as drive into the city lol. Just this week I had to reassure one such friend three times that nobody would key her car while we made a quick stop near UD! She was frightened to just be in Dayton! And she has lived in the Miami Valley for much of her life, but with no exposure to Dayton proper other than the evening news.I have encountered this attitude before from others as well. However, I copied my posts to their respective threads as well, and will do the same with any subsequent posts on those topics. I do recognize the value of those threads as well, and enjoy reading them as well. I am just asking that my posts be left on this thread as long as I copy them to the other relevant threads. That may or may not seem redundant, but I think there is value to doing that. These are truly exciting days for our city!

Last edited by robertbrianbush; 01-28-2016 at 03:09 PM..

Old 01-28-2016, 03:23 PM

No, both is fine. I just know I like them separate as I go to the specific threads and minght miss something. Thanks.

Old 01-28-2016, 03:31 PM

Dayton safe from GE Aviation engineer cuts - Dayton Business Journal

Among other things this article describes the impressive growth that has occurred and is projected to occur at GE's new research facility at Stewart and Patterson.

Old 01-28-2016, 03:38 PM

Yeah, I try to let people know what is going on downtown. Most have no clue how many good/cool things are happening.

Old 01-28-2016, 03:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertbrianbush View Post
Dayton safe from GE Aviation engineer cuts - Dayton Business Journal

Among other things this article describes the impressive growth that has occurred and is projected to occur at GE's new research facility at Stewart and Patterson.
That is good news. There isn't a ton of space left there if they needed to add on. Well, I guess they could always add new floors (up).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Dayton