Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Dayton
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-14-2012, 10:33 AM

372 posts, read 462,442 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomJones123 View Post
I used to burn those bike trails up. I would go from east Dayton to Xenia and back, to downtown, to Kettering, to Miamisburg. All paved trails. The one going to Miamisburg is really cool.
I have heard a lot of good things about all the bike trails down in SW Ohio. Man I bet your legs were burning up after all that. That isn't exactly a short distance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2012, 10:37 AM

4,471 posts, read 6,179,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WRosado View Post
I have heard a lot of good things about all the bike trails down in SW Ohio. Man I bet your legs were burning up after all that. That isn't exactly a short distance.
I had to work up to Xenia and Miamisburg. My favorite route was up Linden Ave where I would access the trail and work my way around downtown and then take the streets back to my home. I miss the trails. Bicycling in Cincy is another animal altogether.

Pull up a map of Dayton on Google maps and turn on the bicycling option to see the trails highlighted in green.

Old 10-14-2012, 11:19 AM

225 posts, read 460,284 times
I would get on the bike trail right at Linden Ave where it hit the railroad tracks. Then I would ride all the way out to Yellow Springs up to Young's Dairy Farm. That was my favorite trip. Dayton is a really good place for a bike rider.

Old 10-14-2012, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bam989863 View Post
I would get on the bike trail right at Linden Ave where it hit the railroad tracks. Then I would ride all the way out to Yellow Springs up to Young's Dairy Farm. That was my favorite trip. Dayton is a really good place for a bike rider.
That was my access point too. That's a haul up to Yellowsprings. Hats off!

Old 10-14-2012, 05:24 PM

2,194 posts, read 3,827,653 times
Quote:
Hi all--

And to think I bought a bicycle this spring and had to start getting my butt back in shape by going around the block a few times before I even dared set foot on the bike trails.

In all of 2012, the furthest I've gone in one direction is south from Riverscape to West Carrollton - a fraction of the distance between Linden to Yellow Springs.

Old 10-14-2012, 05:28 PM

PricewaterhouseCoopers expands Dayton presence

Quote:
The Dayton office of PricewaterhouseCoopers, which provides advisory consulting to Wright-Patterson Air Force Base and many defense firms in Dayton, will move from temporary office space in the Mills-Morgan development in Beavercreek called the Acropolis to a 3,700-square-foot space next door in the same development.

Remodeled Kohl's store to reopen in Huber Heights

Quote:
Kohl’s stores in Huber Heights and Troy will host “grand re-opening” events on Thursday [10/18] following store renovations designed to give customers — in the words of Kohl’s PR folks — “a fresh, exciting shopping experience.”

A ribbon-cutting ceremony is scheduled for 7:45 a.m. at both stores: at 8301 Old Troy Pike in Huber Heights, and at 1869 W. Main St. in Troy.

Old 10-14-2012, 10:33 PM

225 posts, read 460,284 times
Quote:

I would often times leave early on Saturday morning and took my time. I tried to be past Kil-Kare before all of the cars started showing up for the drag races. I would then continue on to meet my brother and his family at HaHa pizza or Young's dairy. I would then put my bike on his car rack and ride back to East Dayton. Don't give me too much credit. I was in great shape at the time but I wasn't crazy...lol.

Old 10-15-2012, 07:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bam989863 View Post
Don't give me too much credit. I was in great shape at the time but I wasn't crazy...lol.
Either way.

Old 10-17-2012, 01:18 PM

11 posts, read 24,383 times
thank you for this thread. i moved away from Dayton in college and havent been back in over a decade. i miss Dayton. when i come to the Dayton forum the negatives always see to out-weigh the positives. that is just wrong. people need to start thinking more positively.

Old 10-17-2012, 09:41 PM

Dayton Manufacturer Plans New $26,000,000 Plant

Quote:
Malt Products Corp. is planning to build a malt extract brewing plant on Wolf Creek Pike near the company’s current local manufacturing site, company and city officials said Wednesday. City officials estimate the value of the expansion to be about $26 million.

The new plant will mean 30 to 50 new jobs — possibly more than doubling its local workforce — and 50,000 additional square feet for the existing facility, said Doug Harrison, the company’s Dayton general manager.

Ohio Credit Unions Gain 28,000 Members

Quote:
Membership and lending activity at Ohio credit unions has seen a strong uptick in the last 12 months.

From June 2011 to June 2012, Ohio credit unions gained more than 28,000 new members and saw a 35 percent increase in loan originations, according to the latest Ohio Credit Union Quarterly Performance Summary.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Dayton