Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Dayton
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-15-2014, 06:00 PM

2,588 posts, read 1,328,255 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by OHKID View Post
Great minds think alike haha
Sorry, didn't see your earlier post on this lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-17-2014, 09:27 AM

Default Does New Job Total For Moraine Plant Include 200 Chinese Workers?

Interesting question, but great news for the Dayton area regardless
Fuyao project would have brought Chinese workers to Michigan - Dayton Business Journal

Last edited by robertbrianbush; 01-17-2014 at 09:35 AM.. Reason: Typo

Old 01-17-2014, 02:39 PM

3,513 posts, read 5,125,612 times
^That will be interesting to see. I'm assuming part of the reason 200 Chinese would have come over is because they assumed Adrian MI would not have had a large enough skilled workforce to fill all the positions. Adrian is a nice city, but it is somewhat isolated, so it might have been harder to convince people from Detroit to make a 90-minute commute or Toledoans to make a 60-minute commute, for instance.

Quick question on the Mall at Fairfield Commons - has anyone been by there recently to see what is going on at the Elder-Beerman stores? Have they cleared out all of the furniture yet? And if they have, what's happening on the first floor?

Old 01-17-2014, 02:42 PM

... and the DBJ just answered my above question. Wish I would have seen it earlier:

Elder-Beerman to consolidate stores in Beavercreek - Dayton Business Journal

So wrightflyer, you were correct. And it will be interesting to see what happens in the space - I'm just hoping the answer is something good.

Old 01-17-2014, 07:05 PM

2,107 posts, read 5,056,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OHKID View Post
... and the DBJ just answered my above question. Wish I would have seen it earlier:

Elder-Beerman to consolidate stores in Beavercreek - Dayton Business Journal

So wrightflyer, you were correct. And it will be interesting to see what happens in the space - I'm just hoping the answer is something good.
It is noted in the article of a completion sometime this summer. My guess is that this eliminates the current ladies E-B/former Parisian space for H&M. According to the article Three exciting things you need to know about The Mall at Fairfield Commons - Dayton Business Journal the H&M opening date is scheduled for sometime in May (probably before the summer rush/Memorial Day shopping period/back-to-school season, which actually begins in July).

I really hope they lure Dillard's. I like them and they offer a good counter balance to Macy's. E-B is decent too. Please no Burlington Coat Factories, but at the same time I know it is a long shot for Nordstrom's.

Wouldn't surprise me if they can't land a tenant soon that a life-style center would be in order. While the Dayton Mall one is rather sad looking, the Polaris one is actually rather nice. Probably due to it being connected to the mall (it was a former Kaufmann's or Lazarus' space but became vacant because of the Macy's consolidation/mergers). The former Parisian space here offers a similar opportunity. Villages at Dayton Mall is rather separated by the parking lot.

Old 01-18-2014, 11:00 AM

^I'd bet you are right. Like you said, I think the E-B for Her will still be open through this summer.

But they are keeping very tight lipped about future plans for the building. I'm with you on hoping they lure Dillard's, it seems like a perfect fit. Trying to get Nordstron is definitely shooting for the moon, I just don't think Dayton is a big enough market. But we will see what happens. Maybe a wild card will happen like Neiman Marcus (for a while when I went on DDN.com, Neiman Marcus ads always popped up, despite the fact I had never visited their website AND I am not in their target demographic).

Old 01-19-2014, 05:53 PM

2,194 posts, read 3,827,948 times
I wouldn't bet on a Nordstrom - even though I think the market (particularly the I-675 corridor) could support one, there's simply too much competition - not only from E-B, Von Maur, but most importantly Nordstrom is already coming to the Greene (sort of):

Nordstrom Rack Coming to the Greene
Quote:
The Seattle-based retailer will open Nordstrom Rack — its off-price store — this fall at the Beavercreek center. The store will occupy a 35,00-square-foot space.

Nordstrom Rack sells apparel, accessories and shoes at savings of 30 percent to 70 percent off regular prices, the retailer said. It carries merchandise from Nordstrom stores, Nordstrom.com and specially-purchased items from many of the brands sold at Nordstrom.

You'll never find me in that store for obvious demographic reasons but the off-price store has a better chance of getting me in the door than the regular one.

Old 01-23-2014, 03:12 PM

2,107 posts, read 5,056,058 times
Default Fresh Thyme Markets Opening Two Area Stores

Grocery chain to open two area locations, hire up to 200 workers | www.daytondailynews.com

One store, which was announced yesterday is located in the shopping center across from the future Costco on Feedwire. The empty pad next to Petsmart, where the Bellbrook/Sugarcreek Farmers Market was located will be that location.

The second is in the shopping center housing the Beavercreek Kohl's, Lowe's and Best Buy. That center is currently full, so not 100% sure where in that center Fresh Thyme will go. Research indicates that it may be the Office Depot space, as I believe they are slated to move to the RGProperties center across the street (where Walmart, Half-Price, and the new Pets Supplies Plus are located). I know it says Fairborn in the article, but it is in Beavercreek proper. Just a Fairborn zip code.

Personally, it will be nice to have a different grocer than Kroger to get higher end, organic type products at without going all the way to Whole Foods or DLM. I have thought for a while now that the eastern, especially the Fairfield Commons area, was missing a higher end grocer, i.e. not Kroger, Walmart, Sam's, Target, etc.

Old 01-23-2014, 04:44 PM

4,243 posts, read 7,139,056 times
...plenty of good food shopping in Dayton...the locals plus now these chains. If you like to cook Dayton is the place to be!

Old 01-23-2014, 05:26 PM

Default Springfield Annexing Site of Proposed Love's Truck Plaza

This site is located on the south side of I-70 at the SR 41
Annexation approved for Love

Last edited by robertbrianbush; 01-23-2014 at 05:36 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Dayton