Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Dayton
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-03-2012, 10:23 AM

4,479 posts, read 6,230,642 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hensleya1 View Post
I'm too used to being Mods/Admins on other forums where I can just delete the offending posts and pretend they never happened.
Well, since that won't likely happen you may be stuck dealing with posts you find offensive.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2012, 10:58 AM

235 posts, read 434,488 times
Ok people, this is how it goes. Third and Main is considered the middle point. Each PB and area is considered from that point. SEPB is southeast of that corner, NWPB is northwest of that corner, Innerwest is west from that corner, etc.

And I live in the east end. Born and raised here. There is one.

Old 11-03-2012, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lived here forever View Post
Ok people, this is how it goes. Third and Main is considered the middle point. Each PB and area is considered from that point. SEPB is southeast of that corner, NWPB is northwest of that corner, Innerwest is west from that corner, etc.

And I live in the east end. Born and raised here. There is one.
Bruh. Great post, but Peasant will just move the goal lines again. I never denied the the cardinal points in relation to Dayton, or south/north whatever. My only point, and one I have been repeatedly and wrongfully corrected on by the peasant, is west side and east end.

Old 11-03-2012, 12:23 PM

1,086 posts, read 2,701,158 times
So, CP, exactly how did Hensleya1 get it wrong, pray tell?

Absolutely nothing in this thread was about any of his excellent photos or his captions. Or is this just a way to exercise a grudge over something else?

CP, I can see from your postings that you crave respect. That is a consistent pattern that I see. That is a reasonable human need.

The way you're going about it here is entirely wrong and lowers people's opinion of your opinions.

Last edited by Ohioan58; 11-03-2012 at 12:50 PM..

Old 11-03-2012, 01:37 PM

1,898 posts, read 2,751,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohioan58 View Post
So, CP, exactly how did Hensleya1 get it wrong, pray tell?

Absolutely nothing in this thread was about any of his excellent photos or his captions. Or is this just a way to exercise a grudge over something else?

CP, I can see from your postings that you crave respect. That is a consistent pattern that I see. That is a reasonable human need.

The way you're going about it here is entirely wrong and lowers people's opinion of your opinions.

Repeat: And, did your mother call Dayton View "the west side"? (First posting in message #26.)

Last edited by CarpathianPeasant; 11-03-2012 at 01:39 PM.. Reason: spacing

Old 11-03-2012, 01:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarpathianPeasant View Post
Repeat: And, did your mother call Dayton View "the west side"? (First posting in message #26.)
Is it so hard to accept that you are wrong on this tiny little point? But instead you want to use CD forums to argue and bicker over next to nothing. What gives? We were getting along great until I noted that Forest Ave was on the west side --- and it is!

But to clarify. Dayton View is not "the west side." It's on/in the west side. Just like Burkhardt in not "the east end," it's on/in the east end.

Old 11-03-2012, 01:42 PM

To the peasant: I don't have to tell you a !@^* thing. Stop trolling. This is exactly why the "locked down" "favoritism bound" UO board is superior to the idiocy of City Data forums.

Old 11-03-2012, 01:45 PM

Quote:
To the peasant: I don't have to tell you a !@^* thing. Stop trolling. This is exactly why the "locked down" "favoritism bound" UO board is superior to the idiocy of City Data forums.
She's got three people telling her the same thing, with a link to east end community services, and a link to an article noting a street where a shooting happened as being in the west side. The street was a few blocks away from Forest Ave which she adamantly corrected me as not being in the west side. Again. I'm done here.

Old 11-03-2012, 01:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomJones123 View Post
Again. I'm done here.
Me too. I'm going to go find some babies to eat. I'm that horrible a person.

Old 11-03-2012, 01:56 PM

Quote:
Me too. I'm going to go find some babies to eat. I'm that horrible a person.
ROFL! Just be sure to do it while you are driving. Oh ya, and stop in the right lane and motion someone else out into 3 other lanes of moving vehicles!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Dayton