Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Dayton
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-19-2013, 03:32 PM

2 posts, read 2,914 times

Advertisements

Hi all, first time poster but I've lurked around for quite a while. I've read quite a few threads regarding this topic, however, I feel like there's no harm in starting a new one. Thanks for any advice.

-Where you are working?
I'll be working in Yellow Springs, and my wife is working in Centerville (Far Hills Ave).

-How much you are willing to spend on housing?
No more than $700 (around 600 would be best).

-How long of a commute you're willing to tolerate
Preferably we each can keep our commute under 20 minutes.

-If you have kids: Private school or public school?
No

-What type of neighborhood environment you are looking for: small town feeling? small city excitement? suburbia delight?

We're attempting to stray away from the college scene. We are recent graduates from Wittenberg University (Springfield, Ohio) and will only be around for another year or so until we head off to graduate school. We are leaning towards someplace in Beavercreek or Fairfield (the nicer areas), as it is between Centerville and YS, however many apartments are a bit pricy due to demand. Any suggestions here would be great.

-Community amenities important to you?
These aren't make or break, but it'd be nice to have a gym.

-Pie or cake?
Definitely pie...apple to be exact.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Just to throw a few places I've researched and liked thus far are: Village on Beavercreek, Fieldstone (somewhat expensive), Wexford on the Green, and Pepper Tree Villas.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2013, 05:16 PM

2 posts, read 2,914 times
I mean Fairborn, not Fairfield.

Old 03-19-2013, 06:45 PM

13,567 posts, read 9,576,463 times
There's an apartment complex just south of the Greene, off of Walden street, in the extreme SW corner of Beavercreek. The key point is that it's Beavercreek and not Kettering (which is right across the street!), so there are no local income taxes.

Old 03-19-2013, 08:27 PM

2,107 posts, read 5,053,403 times
Second the Lakes at Beavercreek (I think that's one of the complexes). Walden Place (or Pond?) is another, older complex managed by Oberer. It is a pretty quiet area, probably more so than around nicer parts of Fairborn and northern Beavercreek because fewer WSU students renting.

There are a number of condo complexes around the Fairfield Mall area as well that would not be under apartment websites. Try something like Military By Owner's website. They have some good listings.

Of course, the primary concern for you would be price, and as you said, that is difficult to meet because of the base's demand. Try Candlelite Village off Trebein just north of Dayton-Yellow Springs Rd. It is behind the Kroger. Pretty nice area and close to YS and I-675.

Old 03-20-2013, 09:01 AM

2,194 posts, read 3,826,382 times
Hi JoBo12--

In addition to Beavercreek, I'd recommend Sugarcreek Township/Bellbrook. There's a lot of new apartments at the corner of Alex-Bell and Wilmington Pike which would probably be closer to your price range in addition to being between both your and wife's work places.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Dayton