U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Dayton
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-16-2013, 09:58 AM

28 posts, read 47,789 times

Advertisements

Does anyone have any kind of information on the apartment complex that advertises itself as "East River place"? The views, price and apartment itself seem like a steal. But i'm not really sure about the area. Is this a good part of town? Or accesible to public transit? Any help would be great, i'd kinda like more information before I contact them but was unable to find it in a normal Google Search. I would copy the Craigslist link but I'm not really sure if i'm allowed lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2013, 10:04 AM

2,194 posts, read 3,011,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaytonGuy View Post
Does anyone have any kind of information on the apartment complex that advertises itself as "East River place"? The views, price and apartment itself seem like a steal. But i'm not really sure about the area. Is this a good part of town? Or accesible to public transit? Any help would be great, i'd kinda like more information before I contact them but was unable to find it in a normal Google Search. I would copy the Craigslist link but I'm not really sure if i'm allowed lol
Hi DaytonGuy--

I tried Googling it without much luck either - either in terms of apartment reviews or well, anything. The best thing I could say is to check it out in person, it's just off Main St. It looks like it's walking distance to downtown, and there's a bunch of other homes and businesses (car dealerships mostly) in the area. Doesn't seem to be too bad at first glance but I don't know?

You'd have good access to public transit, in addition to the buses that run along N Main St., you're only about six blocks away from the downtown hub, from which you could go almost anywhere in the county.

Old 01-04-2014, 11:28 AM

1 posts, read 2,535 times
This is a late response, so you probably already moved already, but for what its worth, I thought the area was pretty safe. People get afraid since it's downtown, but I felt safe in the area.

I lived at ERP for a stint last year and the building was definitely in need of some repair. The prices are good though, and so convenient to 75 and 4!

Old 09-12-2014, 03:53 AM

1 posts, read 1,929 times
Default Bed Bugs and Maggots

If you don't mind management sneaking into your apartment to give you bed bugs and put maggots on your bathroom floor, it's the place for you.

Old 09-12-2014, 12:33 PM

1,842 posts, read 1,371,884 times
Sounds like a reputable bit of information to me.

For the curious, they have a web site: http://www.eastriverplace.com/

To jump right there to google street view click this link .

Their web site has some great pictures from after the flood that shows all the housing that used to be there and has all vanished except for McPherson stuff W of Main.

http://www.eastriverplace.com/olde-school/

Last edited by IDtheftV; 09-12-2014 at 12:44 PM..

Old 09-12-2014, 12:45 PM

430 posts, read 447,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yours Truly View Post
If you don't mind management sneaking into your apartment to give you bed bugs and put maggots on your bathroom floor, it's the place for you.
...I'm pretty sure that management would not be to blame for that problem.

Old 09-13-2014, 07:51 PM

1,842 posts, read 1,371,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amandarthegreat View Post
...I'm pretty sure that management would not be to blame for that problem.
Trust me; it happens. I was watching out the eye-holes of my aluminum-foil hat whilst I was hiding in the closet one time when they did it to me.

... : ... : ... it was Ladybugs that time.

Old 10-02-2014, 05:47 PM

1,007 posts, read 906,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IDtheftV View Post
Trust me; it happens. I was watching out the eye-holes of my aluminum-foil hat whilst I was hiding in the closet one time when they did it to me.

... : ... : ... it was Ladybugs that time.
You'd be best not to engage some of the people looking for a fight on here(take it for what it's worth)

Old 01-10-2016, 08:53 PM

1 posts, read 779 times
ERP is an awful apartment! Very poor management with no regard for your privacy! The building is falling apart and in constant need of repairs. Someone is in my apartment almost every other week fixing the leaky pipes and sometimes enter without warning! Once my bathroom ceiling fell and the manager couldn't have cared less. Do not be sucked in my the location or the view. It's not worth it!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Dayton