Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Dayton
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-10-2006, 04:07 PM

3 posts, read 15,454 times

Advertisements

Hello all,

We are relocating to Miamisburg due to the job change and planning on buying a home around Beavercreek area. We are an Indian(Asian) family with a four year old daughter and wondering how well we are going to be accepted by community there. Any advise or info. on the schools and other activities in the area would be appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Sam
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-11-2006, 07:21 PM

976 posts, read 3,861,555 times
^Hello and welcome to the forum. I am also a Pennsylvania transplant living in Ohio. I live just north of Cincinnati. Not far from Miamisburgh. Miamisburgh is located in the booming corridor between Cincinnati and Dayton. It is a really nice area with much to do, and very nice natural sorroundings and parks. Entertainment is very good around the area. Cincinnati and Dayton are not far drives at all. And the school systems in Warren and Butler counties are really doing well. Miamisburgh is a really nice place to consider a move to. If you have any other questions please feel free to ask. I will do my best to answer them.

Old 10-11-2006, 07:22 PM

Also, we have a large Indian population in Ohio. I work with many people of Indian origin at my office in Cincinnati. I also worked with many in my Cleveland office as well. I believe Ohio and Pennsylvania have some of the largest Indian populations in the nation.

Old 10-12-2006, 07:25 PM

Default How abour Beavercreek and centerville

Thank you paintballer. I am unable to decide between beavercreek, miamisburg and centerville. Which township is better for buying a new home. I liked a new condo(3bed, 3bath) in beavercreek that is right on a golf course and priced around $190k, but not sure if I will be able to sell it in two years time and if I decide to move into a single family home. Any opinions are welcome.

Sam

Old 10-13-2006, 01:57 PM

Well i really like Beavercreek. I would really consider that as a possible move. The housing market is slow all across the nation right now. Im sure in two years though you shouldnt have a problem moving the family into a permanent house.

Old 11-29-2006, 01:47 PM

Hello all,

Thank you all for all the info on this forum. I finally settled for an apartment in Centerville, OH and enjoying it so far. I am pleasantly surprised at dining/shoping options at Miamisburg and around montgomery county. I may regret for not buying a home in this slow market but I am not convinced of resale in this area. All the brick and stone constructions around Centerville, Miamisburg and Springboro are amazing. Hope to own and enjoy one of those in near future. Anyone looking for information on Beavercreek, kettering, centerville and Miaimsburg are welcome.

Old 11-29-2006, 06:06 PM

I really like Centerville. It is really becoming a popular town. It is situated between Dayton and Cincinnati, and is near booming Warren County.

Old 02-22-2007, 10:53 AM

1 posts, read 5,138 times
Default Possible move to Miamisburg-Centerville

Hi Sandeep and Painballer-

Interesting exchange of info. My family and I (incl a 2-yr old) are pondering a move to the same area from Mpls-St. Paul. We are also Asian-Indian and it is interesting to hear that there are many people from India living in the same region. We are very close to making a decision and hope to keep in touch with you as we move forward.

Shivri2000

Old 02-25-2007, 01:37 PM

6,351 posts, read 21,535,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shivri2000 View Post
Hi Sandeep and Painballer-

Interesting exchange of info. My family and I (incl a 2-yr old) are pondering a move to the same area from Mpls-St. Paul. We are also Asian-Indian and it is interesting to hear that there are many people from India living in the same region. We are very close to making a decision and hope to keep in touch with you as we move forward.

Shivri2000
Not sure of exact figures, but there are several WONDERFUL Indian restaurants and markets in our area. I live in Centerville/Washington Township area and we love it. Wife teaches in Centerville City Schools and really enjoys the district. You really can't go wrong with any of the "South Suburb" school districts. We've lived all over the U.S. due to military service and found a wonderful retirement home in this area. Cost of living is really reasonable. While not as scenic as other parts of the U.S., there's still LOTS to do and see within a reasonable distance. Wright-Patterson Air Force Base offers lots to the area economically, as do many other employers. The Dayton area is trying to move from an automotive-based economey to one a little more diverse, Dayton proper has an incredible history of science and industry and, IMHO, still a liveable and attractive city. I do believe that it will find it's way and rise again to being the city it once was. Best of luck!

Old 02-26-2007, 04:06 AM

1,022 posts, read 3,344,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeep View Post
Thank you paintballer. I am unable to decide between beavercreek, miamisburg and centerville. Which township is better for buying a new home. I liked a new condo(3bed, 3bath) in beavercreek that is right on a golf course and priced around $190k, but not sure if I will be able to sell it in two years time and if I decide to move into a single family home. Any opinions are welcome.

Sam
I think you will like it. Its generally slow paced compared to much larger cities. I think Beavercreek is the best bang for your buck. Centerville has a lot of nicer areas but its more expensive also. Centerville has the best schools of the bunch. Miamisburg is middle of the road. Some nicer areas and some average areas. None of them have any bad areas though. All of them have some moderate to heavy traffic. All of them have lots of shops, healthcare, good hospitals. Miamisburg is kind of inbetween both of them. It also has the most affordable homes. Though I think Centerville and Beavercreek are more progressive. I would say any of the three really. You can commute to any of the three relatively fast. South dayton is the fastest growing area in Dayton. Which isnt saying much compard to other places. But it sees steady slow to good growth. You also save yourself half an hour or more skipping the downtown traffic if you're goingto Kings Island or Cinccinnati. I dont think you will have any problems fitting in. You might just get very comfortable.

Oh and you can find 4bdr brick ranches on ancre set back away from the road in Beavercreek for 150k. The cost of lving in Ohio and the benefits outweigh many places in this country. The affordability is something to think about. There are also a ton of different architectual styles in Dayton. So if you like seeing different homes you will appreciate the area.

Last edited by the_pines; 02-26-2007 at 04:20 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Dayton