U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Dayton
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-20-2015, 09:01 PM

1,879 posts, read 2,128,101 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWOH View Post
^True.

I'll have to see. So far I've tried once or twice and haven't had much luck, but I'm thinking maybe I can try and get a couple of years experience elsewhere first and then they will look at my application more.

Also, applying for government jobs is a very different process than applying for most private sector jobs, and I'm not the most well-versed on how to go about doing it in a way that leads to good results. But practice makes perfect.
Take a few tests even if you don't use the results. It's good to know where you stand.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2015, 02:53 PM

3,515 posts, read 3,795,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarpathianPeasant View Post
Take a few tests even if you don't use the results. It's good to know where you stand.
True. I will have to do that. Thanks for the heads up.

Old 04-22-2015, 10:10 PM

3 posts, read 2,719 times
I forgot to mention that I have a dog (golden retriever) and I want him to have at least a small yard for potty purposes that he can access via a dog door. The townhome that I live in now (in California) has a small (like 12x12) walled private backyard - small. I can't find anything like that around Dayton, except for single family homes. Even a lot of those don't have fenced backyards. Hmm...

Old 04-23-2015, 08:18 PM

3,515 posts, read 3,795,638 times
^Your best bet (if possible) would be to rent somewhere like Cooper Place or any of the new stuff that Charlie Simms is building around downtown. It meets your criteria almost exactly.

Here is a link to Simms stuff out in Centerville that meets your criteria well...
Twin Lakes West | Centerville New Homes | Charles Simms Dev

That being said, very few of those, if any, are rentals. For the most part they are built to sell, each going for ~$150k. Dayton is a buyer's market. And at the same time Dayton has a tight rental market, so if you can it isn't a bad idea to just buy a house or condo instead of renting.

Otherwise, like the South Park and Oregon District community pages on Facebook. A lot of rentals get posted there when they crop up. And keep places like Beavercreek, Centerville, etc. in mind too, especially near the Mall at Fairfield Commons if you are dead set on that patch of grass outside your condo.

Like here:
Mallard Landing Apartments - Beavercreek, OH 45431 | Apartments for Rent
or here:
The Village At Stonefalls Apartments - Beavercreek, OH 45431 | Apartments for Rent
or here:
Wexford On The Green Apartments - Beavercreek, OH 45324 | Apartments for Rent
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Dayton
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or