U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Dayton
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-13-2014, 08:31 PM

430 posts, read 447,695 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by OHKID View Post
Bringing this thread back!

Downtown Dayton?s Water Street adds more apartment units, groundbreaking set - Dayton Business Journal

The number of apartments at the development has gone up to 219! It looks like the development will be more dense too, with a fourth story added to the apartment buildings. Can't wait to see it when it's done!
I'm hoping that when this is done, the dog park across the pedestrian bridge will get fancied up. I've heard scuttlebutt that the Water Street Development has the option of buying land on the Deeds Park side.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-14-2014, 11:22 AM

3,515 posts, read 3,784,740 times
^I think you are correct... As far as I know they do have options on most of the Deeds Park land. They are also billing this as "Phase 1" on their web site:

Water Street District, Dayton | Crawford Hoying

Also here is an updated rendering:

Old 05-14-2014, 11:35 AM

430 posts, read 447,695 times
Quote:
^I think you are correct... As far as I know they do have options on most of the Deeds Park land. They are also billing this as "Phase 1" on their web site:
If they redevelop the old baseball field, that would be an awesome walk from downtown all the way to Triangle or even Wegerzyn.

Old 05-14-2014, 02:02 PM

1,328 posts, read 1,045,412 times
This could be REALLY NICE if they do it right. Develop some of the land on the other side of the river and then fix up/maintain the rest of the park.

Old 05-14-2014, 02:03 PM

133 posts, read 155,454 times
Some bad news...

Lawsuit filed related to massive downtown Dayton project - Dayton Business Journal

Old 05-14-2014, 02:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyMac1407 View Post
I was just going to post this. I love how some people just can't stand it when the city does well. It is only good for businesses in Dayton if this happens.

Old 05-15-2014, 11:22 AM

3,515 posts, read 3,784,740 times
^Interesting case. Never realized River Corridor Dr. was going to be renamed to Water St. for this project, but it does seem like a good idea.

I'm betting the big bucks behind the city + Crawford Hoying will make sure this case is a non-issue. I would normally be more sympathetic for the business, but I don't see how the changes to the road will affect them, honestly. If anything, the development and improvements should dramatically increase their property value. But ot each their own, I guess...

Old 05-15-2014, 02:53 PM

Quote:
^Interesting case. Never realized River Corridor Dr. was going to be renamed to Water St. for this project, but it does seem like a good idea.

I'm betting the big bucks behind the city + Crawford Hoying will make sure this case is a non-issue. I would normally be more sympathetic for the business, but I don't see how the changes to the road will affect them, honestly. If anything, the development and improvements should dramatically increase their property value. But ot each their own, I guess...
That is the point. I understand defending what is yours, but this only helps you. Even if it doesn't, you are only making yourself look bad by standing in the way of something that is good for the city.

I could understand not liking it if the development wasn't of good quality, but this is. This can only help other businesses around it.

Old 05-15-2014, 03:11 PM

133 posts, read 155,454 times
Dayton was short sighted in 1996 by doing this. They never thought the land would develop and it's come back to bite them.

Dayton Office Properties knows it's property value is going to go up with this development. They also know Crawford Hoying and or the City is going to pay to make this go away.

Old 05-15-2014, 03:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyMac1407 View Post
Dayton was short sighted in 1996 by doing this. They never thought the land would develop and it's come back to bite them.

Dayton Office Properties knows it's property value is going to go up with this development. They also know Crawford Hoying and or the City is going to pay to make this go away.
I don't disagree, but this makes them look bad. This just seems like something that could have been taken care of privately.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Dayton