U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Dayton
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-16-2014, 01:41 PM

1,881 posts, read 2,131,780 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohioan58 View Post
It's absolutely what I would expect in a s+++hole like Dayton.

To answer the peasant, why in the sam hell SHOULDN'T a citizen be able to walk out of their house absolutely any time they chose?

The perps - dog owners - should both be tried for manslaughter. Pieces of human trash both.

I didn't say citizens shouldn't be able to walk out of their house any time they chose. They most certainly should. ...But, if you are living on "high alert" you likely have a substantial if not powerful reason. I don't think she just wandered out to get a better look at the snow. What I'm thinking is, she opened the door for some reason, was approached there and ran. So, what reason?

And, I didn't say anything about what the charges against the dog owner(s) should be, but I'll bet it won't be manslaughter. I don't think you can get much without a civil suit, and then it wouldn't be jail time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2014, 01:51 PM

3,515 posts, read 3,803,702 times
Quote:

To answer the peasant, why in the sam hell SHOULDN'T a citizen be able to walk out of their house absolutely any time they chose?

The perps - dog owners - should both be tried for manslaughter. Pieces of human trash both.
The dog owners are probably fine examples of Appalachian trash.

They should be tried for manslaughter. And then they should be thrown in prison for the rest of their lives. Hillrat mudeaters like these people are the ones bringing Dayton down. Get them out of town and sue them for every last thing they own. Then keep them the heck away from society. They wouldn't know responsibility if it bit them in the a##.

Old 02-16-2014, 07:40 PM

11,832 posts, read 9,783,416 times
This was the story which horrified us in the Bay Area years ago, with a child being left for dead after an owner's three pit bulls attacked a child. The owner went to prison on drug charges, but not for anything related to the attack:
http://dogbitelaw.com/shawn-jones/th...shawn-jones.ht

Another case in Sacramento where a woman was attacked, charges would only be filed if the dogs were trained to kill, or intentionally set on a woman:
Passerby Called Hero in Pit Bull Attack - ABC News

Still another in San Francisco, a woman was killed by neighbors dogs and the owner was sentenced to second-degree murder (upheld by a federal judge), so it seems there is a precedent for negligent owners being given serious jailtime:
http://www.nytimes.com/2008/09/23/us...ieknoller&_r=0

Old 02-16-2014, 08:22 PM

1,881 posts, read 2,131,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natural510 View Post
This was the story which horrified us in the Bay Area years ago, with a child being left for dead after an owner's three pit bulls attacked a child. The owner went to prison on drug charges, but not for anything related to the attack:
http://dogbitelaw.com/shawn-jones/th...shawn-jones.ht

Another case in Sacramento where a woman was attacked, charges would only be filed if the dogs were trained to kill, or intentionally set on a woman:
Passerby Called Hero in Pit Bull Attack - ABC News

Still another in San Francisco, a woman was killed by neighbors dogs and the owner was sentenced to second-degree murder (upheld by a federal judge), so it seems there is a precedent for negligent owners being given serious jailtime:
http://www.nytimes.com/2008/09/23/us...ieknoller&_r=0

I fix:

The Mauling of 10-Year-Old Shawn Jones

Horrible story.

Last edited by CarpathianPeasant; 02-16-2014 at 08:23 PM.. Reason: spacing

Old 02-17-2014, 04:59 PM

2,194 posts, read 3,026,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OHKID View Post
This is an amazingly awful story:

Mauling victim lived on high alert, sought help | www.daytondailynews.com

Especially if you have access behind the paywall and have a chance to read the whole article. It's amazing how long these issues were able to persist, and the fact that virtually nothing was done by the police, animal resources, or anyone to prevent it. Hopefully this will get some people looking at our current animal regulations.
OHKID--

If I had a problem like this and a call or two to animal control didn't solve the issue, then I would inform the neighbors that they should (1) keep their pets under control and (2) install an invisible fence.

Any dog that threatens me, especially if it's on my property, is getting shot. End of discussion.

Honestly, I'm surprised she never considered doing that herself. She would stand on good legal ground, given the long history she's had with these neighbors. It should have never cost her life.

Old 02-19-2014, 02:33 PM

1,007 posts, read 913,718 times
Quote:

Rock on dude. I'm glad to see we think alike.

About tired of the pacifists and pansies(online and offline, both) of coddling criminals.

Start firing people in positions of authority and get some people in with "nads"

This includes judges, prosecutors, city commissions/city councils, and even get rid of that Kumpf guy at ARC. all he does is show up on TV.

Last edited by Ibginnie; 02-25-2014 at 07:15 PM.. Reason: language

Old 02-19-2014, 02:58 PM

1,086 posts, read 2,229,737 times
Thanks. I looked up Kumpf and found this:

Animal resource director: Mauling death could not be prevented | Dayton News and Weather | 2 NEWS | WDTN.com

What an a$$ covering piece of Dayton's finest.

Last edited by Ibginnie; 02-25-2014 at 07:15 PM.. Reason: language

Old 02-19-2014, 02:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hensleya1 View Post
OHKID--

If I had a problem like this and a call or two to animal control didn't solve the issue, then I would inform the neighbors that they should (1) keep their pets under control and (2) install an invisible fence.

Any dog that threatens me, especially if it's on my property, is getting shot. End of discussion.

Honestly, I'm surprised she never considered doing that herself. She would stand on good legal ground, given the long history she's had with these neighbors. It should have never cost her life.
Very sorry I didn't catch this earlier. I see what you are saying - she should have just killed the dogs earlier. An it would have been easy - shooting them, maiming them, poison, knifing them.... And the list goes on. That would have been the logical way to go ( plus her husband was a lawyer, and these scumbags probably couldn't afford a decent lawyer, so it would have been even easier...)

Old 02-25-2014, 04:32 AM

Man attacks downtown curbs with dumbbells | www.daytondailynews.com

Old 02-25-2014, 07:48 AM

2,194 posts, read 3,026,928 times
LOL!

Maybe we should tell this guy he can scrap those dumbbells for the metal in them. He'll get a couple bucks for them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Dayton
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or