U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Dayton
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-28-2014, 05:34 AM

3,515 posts, read 3,787,736 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hensleya1 View Post
Why, yes. Jesus saves.

For the longest time before I had a smart phone I carried around a pocket Bible. It was a new King James, the kind that the people hand out on campuses, the Gideons bibles if I recall correctly. I don't know how many times I had to "build" a new back and cover for it using gorilla tape. It's been through a lot.

Now, YouVersion is my friend.
Maybe this event is just God's way of showing us all we need to carry Bibles and keep up on our scripture readings....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2014, 07:06 AM

2,194 posts, read 3,016,458 times
Man Rapes 5 Year Old Boy, Sentenced to 15+
Quote:
The 20-year-old Harrison Twp. man found guilty of the rape a 5-year-old boy in the bathroom of a church last April was sentenced today to 15 years to life in prison.

Court records indicate an off-duty sheriff's sergeant, working as a security guard, went into the bathroom of the church on Siebenthaler Avenue when the boy's mother called for him. That's when the sergeant observed Cole, and the boy told his mother a man had done inappropriate things to him.
Stay classy, Dayton... someone put this cat right next to the 14 year old from Springfield who ran off with the guy old enough to be her father.

Old 03-04-2014, 10:17 AM

430 posts, read 448,105 times
Quote:
Stay classy, Dayton... someone put this cat right next to the 14 year old from Springfield who ran off with the guy old enough to be her father.
Are you criticizing Dayton for the crime, or the sentence?

Old 03-04-2014, 10:55 AM

1,007 posts, read 908,991 times
Quote:
Actually, our prosecutors aren't pansies like they have in Clark county. That dude up there woulda still be in jail if it woulda happened here

Old 03-06-2014, 07:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by weatherphotographer View Post
Actually, our prosecutors aren't pansies like they have in Clark county. That dude up there woulda still be in jail if it woulda happened here
weatherphotographer--

Trouble is the prosecutors are going to have a hard time getting him on much, regardless of whether they are "pansies" or not... you can charge the guy with all you want, but the fact of the matter is it depends on what they can prove/get past a jury.

You can bet your **** that the defense attorney will call both the guy and the girl to the stand and spend hours talking about how much they love each other - how love knows no bounds, probably make the argument that age gaps are just like interracial or gay relationships... Trouble is, a jury would have a hard time locking this guy away and throwing away the key... even if they do convict, the love between the two will almost certainly negate the mental/malicious intent on the man's part.

Trouble is the Ohio Revised Code, while the age of consent is 16, has two different levels of crimes - one if the person is aged 13-15, and another for under 13.... the one for 13-15 (unlawful sexual conduct with minors) requires the offender to know the age/be reckless in that regard... it's a significant departure from the common law "strict liability" standard that used to apply (although it still does if the victim is under 13).

I expect the guy to get a few years, five at most, and he'll be paroled in two. If he doesn't get off altogether.

Old 03-09-2014, 11:50 AM

Quote:
weatherphotographer--

Trouble is the prosecutors are going to have a hard time getting him on much, regardless of whether they are "pansies" or not... you can charge the guy with all you want, but the fact of the matter is it depends on what they can prove/get past a jury.

You can bet your **** that the defense attorney will call both the guy and the girl to the stand and spend hours talking about how much they love each other - how love knows no bounds, probably make the argument that age gaps are just like interracial or gay relationships... Trouble is, a jury would have a hard time locking this guy away and throwing away the key... even if they do convict, the love between the two will almost certainly negate the mental/malicious intent on the man's part.

Trouble is the Ohio Revised Code, while the age of consent is 16, has two different levels of crimes - one if the person is aged 13-15, and another for under 13.... the one for 13-15 (unlawful sexual conduct with minors) requires the offender to know the age/be reckless in that regard... it's a significant departure from the common law "strict liability" standard that used to apply (although it still does if the victim is under 13).

I expect the guy to get a few years, five at most, and he'll be paroled in two. If he doesn't get off altogether.
Let me guess, he gets John Rion(or his son Rion Jr.)? You might have something there

Old 03-09-2014, 11:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by weatherphotographer View Post
Let me guess, he gets John Rion(or his son Rion Jr.)? You might have something there
John Rion (or any of the associates at that firm - it only has seven lawyers in total) aren't cheap. This guy's getting a public defender, most likely. Which, taxpayers are paying for.

Old 03-19-2014, 10:26 PM

36 posts, read 37,438 times
Default Dog Dragged Accidentally by New Owner, Gets Re-Adopted

Dog Dragged Accidentally by New Owner, Gets Re-Adopted - WKEF-TV ABC 22 News :: News - Top Stories

Old 03-20-2014, 06:46 AM

Monarchy of Montgomery County Wants Clayton Luckie Released

I'll quote myself from the comments section:

Do the crime, do the time.

It doesn't surprise me that the Monarchy of Montgomery County has come out in force trying to secure him an early release. I'm surprised Steve Rauch didn't write a letter in support either, given that he's a heavy and regular donor to folks like Clayton Luckie, Rhine McLin, and Nan Whaley.

Since Nan bailed Rauch out of a potentially sticky situation when they demolished the old DDN building's facade last year by deciding to slap him with a $500 fine rather than make him rebuild it, sounds like the same old scratch my back and I'll scratch yours politics as usual.

It's why Lieberman et al want Luckie released, so they can go back to their games of trying to run a sinking ship while failing to realize people are wising up and abandoning ship (aka moving to the suburbs).

Old 03-22-2014, 08:57 PM

Quote:
Monarchy of Montgomery County Wants Clayton Luckie Released

I'll quote myself from the comments section:

Do the crime, do the time.

It doesn't surprise me that the Monarchy of Montgomery County has come out in force trying to secure him an early release. I'm surprised Steve Rauch didn't write a letter in support either, given that he's a heavy and regular donor to folks like Clayton Luckie, Rhine McLin, and Nan Whaley.

Since Nan bailed Rauch out of a potentially sticky situation when they demolished the old DDN building's facade last year by deciding to slap him with a $500 fine rather than make him rebuild it, sounds like the same old scratch my back and I'll scratch yours politics as usual.

It's why Lieberman et al want Luckie released, so they can go back to their games of trying to run a sinking ship while failing to realize people are wising up and abandoning ship (aka moving to the suburbs).
You forgot, he did blow the whistle on Miami Jacobs. That's why he has such a backing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Dayton
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or