Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Dayton
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-14-2013, 07:24 AM

3,513 posts, read 5,156,848 times

Advertisements

Hi neighborhoodexpert, are you a realtor?

If so, you should register on here as one. It would be great to have a regular commenter on here from the real estate profession. Many other forums, like the Indianapolis and NW Indiana ones, have regular realtor commenters which provide a great deal of assistance to relocates in those areas.

And Hensleya1, I will be starting a new thread soon, Englewood, Clayton, Trotwood, Dayton, and Race.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2013, 03:29 PM

2,107 posts, read 5,081,848 times
OHKID has given you pretty much everything I could have.

A note on Beavercreek (and a warning of bias):

You should be able to find plenty of rentals due to the turnover from the base. I feel that as the city has built out with more housing stock, combined with the base's transient population and downturn in housing, there are more rentals in Beavercreek now than before 2005. This should be no deterent, and perhaps a boon for you as you will have a better rental choice in Beavercreek. Housing will be on the higher side, with 200K pushing it (you may want to rent an extra year to save and push that number higher). On a more sour note, Beavercreek has been having recent trouble passing a levy for new money to pay for school operations. This has not been too negative, with some lighter populated AP classes (think AP languages, chemistry, etc) being cut. That has probably been the worst of the cuts, along with higher pay-to-play fees and cut busing service, especially at the high school. My guess, once money is passed, there will be restored services on most levels (hopefully!). Last piece of info, as there is a new school (elementary and middle) out in the township, so if looking in Beavercreek, check to district website for school attendance lines.

Oakwood is even higher property price wise, and especially higher than anyone on property taxes (how most municipalities pay for services). You have to pay for those well performing schools somehow.

Old 08-15-2013, 03:33 PM

2,107 posts, read 5,081,848 times
BCS: Beavercreek City School District / Homepage

BCS attendance map: Redistricting / New Attendance Area Maps

Old 08-15-2013, 05:02 PM

2 posts, read 2,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OHKID View Post
Hi neighborhoodexpert, are you a realtor?

If so, you should register on here as one. It would be great to have a regular commenter on here from the real estate profession. Many other forums, like the Indianapolis and NW Indiana ones, have regular realtor commenters which provide a great deal of assistance to relocates in those areas.

And Hensleya1, I will be starting a new thread soon, Englewood, Clayton, Trotwood, Dayton, and Race.
yes, I am a realtor, not sure how to register though...heard about this forum from some other Military wives and it sounded fun. Would be glad to register! any pointers?

Old 08-15-2013, 08:32 PM

3,513 posts, read 5,156,848 times
Neighborhoodexpert, I'm betting Yac or another moderator will be able to help you out with official realtor registration. I don't think you have to confirm where you work, rather its just a convenience to relocates if they want to connect with an area realtor before committing to a contract. So definitely a benefit to register if you can!

Since I have little knowledge of Indiana and rarely (if ever) post over there, I do not know the Indiana realtor commenters that well. I only know of them haha. But they can probably give you pointers on how to most effectively comment on here to help both relocates and your business since they seem to be very knowledgable and good at what they do.

Good luck!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Dayton