U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Dayton
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-21-2013, 09:24 PM

7,744 posts, read 5,458,722 times

Advertisements

I tried to find an answer in the Cincinnati forum but got no results.

The Golden Lamb in Lebanon is under new ownership. Have any of you eaten there since the change? We are planning a significant birthday party for my Mother-in-Law and that is where she would like to go.

I am concerned since I have heard nothing, good or bad about the new old restaurant

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

M
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-21-2013, 09:59 PM

2,189 posts, read 3,429,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike1003 View Post
I tried to find an answer in the Cincinnati forum but got no results.

The Golden Lamb in Lebanon is under new ownership. Have any of you eaten there since the change? We are planning a significant birthday party for my Mother-in-Law and that is where she would like to go.

I am concerned since I have heard nothing, good or bad about the new old restaurant

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

M

Hi. I used to live in the Middletown/Germantown area and have eaten at the Golden Lamb several times. The most recent was on our first wedding anniversary back in 2009. I cannot remember now exactly when the renovation took place and if it has changed hands since then - I moved out of state in 2011. Nothing outstanding stands out in my mind about my last visit there - other than the ambiance the food was good but not what I would call outstanding. I am attaching a link with some pretty current reviews on it - it may help you decide but if this is where your MIL wants to go - make her happy and do it, I guess. She may have been there recently and finds it to her taste. Here's a link for you to peruse: The Golden Lamb Restaurant Reviews - Lebanon, OH | OpenTable

Old 08-22-2013, 07:00 PM

7,744 posts, read 5,458,722 times
Thank you, never thought of that site. My wife uses it

Old 12-14-2015, 02:39 PM

3,710 posts, read 6,592,729 times
I know this thread is a couple of years old, but I remembered it and wanted to chime in. We recently built a new house in the Lebanon area and just this past weekend had friends who now live in Europe visiting. They used to live in Middletown and had been to The Golden Lamb numerous times 20-30 years ago. They wanted to take us to The Golden Lamb as a housewarming gift, so we went there last night.

The Christmas decorations in the dining room were very nice and the service was excellent. No one had a single complaint about the food. Their son and I had the Roast Turkey dinner and everything was very tasty. I am not a Lima Bean fan, but the way the mixed fall vegetables were prepared was delicious. Mrs. rrtechno and the other couple all had the Prime Rib. I got a little taste of it. It was "Melt-in-in-your-mouth" wonderful. Their daughter had the Roast Duck and she said it was the best she ever had. Our friend said that in his estimation, the meal was as good or better than anything he has had in any fine restaurant in Zurich where he has worked for the last 4 years. The only "complaint" from anyone in our party was that we all ate more than we needed to. We went back to the house to visit afterward and fought off the desire to doze off as our "bellies" were well filled and happy.

As we discussed the evening a little while ago, we decided we had found a new favorite place for special occasions.

We had been to the Golden Lamb about 4 years ago, but this was a much nicer experience.

Old 12-14-2015, 09:43 PM

3,515 posts, read 3,800,154 times
Nice review, glad to see your experience was good, thanks for sharing!

Old 12-15-2015, 06:15 AM

3,751 posts, read 10,245,087 times
Really glad to hear that the food at the Lamb is so good these days..

maybe we'll finally get over there on a weeknight or something..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Dayton