U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Dayton
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-27-2019, 07:24 PM

5,744 posts, read 6,053,112 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWOH View Post
Quick question for you all - are there even local radio personalities in these parts anymore?

I know a couple stations like HOT 1029 keep on a few local DJs, and 700WLW still broadcasts local interest talk shows, but otherwise it seems like everything is national broadcasts.

I'm hoping I'm wrong.
A bit late but most of the music radio stations use voice tracking so the DJs you saw on WKRP spinning vinyl records are a bye gone thing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Today, 02:03 AM

8 posts, read 3,542 times
When I was a kid in 6th, 7th, and 8th grade I used to live in West Carrollton in an apartment complex known as the crossings.
There were a couple of older guys (25 or so lol)that were roommates that we would play football with. One dudes real name was John,not sure about the other guy (They went by Jack and Chik) John was a DJ from WTUE. They took us to the famous WTUE haunted house one year and we cut in line, went to the front while about a hundred or so people booed and yelled at us. It was so awesome. The guys brought two total babes with them to the haunted house and placed us with a girl in front of each of us, me and my friend so the girls butts were in our face a couple of times and so the girls would grab us when they got scared. It was awesome!
I remember them pounding it into our heads that drinking was stupid and drugs were for losers.
Said they had eyes everywhere and if they found out we did any of that stuff theyíd kick our ass.
They knew we didnít have dads around and our moms worked all the time.
They found out my friend smoked pot one time and they acted normal but said they wanted to show us some cool thing or another in their apartment.
We went in.

They asked my friend and he just crumbled and admitted the truth.
They picked him up, carried him in the bathroom and gave him several swirlies!
He was yelling stop, they were yelling at me did you smoke too? And I told the truth I hadnít.

I was so scared and so was my friend.
Jack and Chik tried to act mean but you could tell they were just disappointed.
My friend felt super bad for letting these guys down and was afraid they would reject him, but nope, after the swirlie, they move on to whatever and never mentioned it again.
I look back now and see how great these guys were.
They kept us out of a lot of trouble. They were great and me and my friend looked up to them as the coolest guys on the planet.
I saw John again about 6 years later. He was doing great. I wish I had stayed in touch.
Iím gonna see if I can find him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Dayton
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or