Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Dayton
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-27-2008, 09:13 PM

1 posts, read 4,816 times

Advertisements

Watch out for 48 Main St. and 725 Miamisburg-Centerville Road Dayton Ohio. The Montgomery County Sheriff just loves to play with peoples lives. He sits in his car across the street and watches who walks out of the club and if you are driving a car that looks like you have money or he just selects you, you are going to jail. Oh and if you think that he won't say you were doing 54 mph in a 25 mph zone think again. All he needs is a reason to pull you over even if it is not true. He already knows theirs a 95% chance you have had two drinks! Basically stay clear of any clubs on Miamisburg-Centerville Rd. You don't believe it drive down 725 about 11:00 p.m. through 3:00 a.m. you will see him sitting and deciding whose life he is going to destroy next. Don't let it be you! If anyone else has noticed this please speak up!

Last edited by getoutofdayton; 01-27-2008 at 09:32 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2008, 09:53 PM

122 posts, read 957,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by getoutofdayton View Post
you will see him sitting and deciding whose life he is going to destroy next.
Sounds like if you are drinking and driving you are the one set out to destroy lives!
KUDOS to the Montgomery County Sheriff office for keeping our streets safe!

Old 01-27-2008, 10:49 PM

78 posts, read 352,738 times
No kidding-- if hes pulling you over for B/S then OK, but if you are drunk and driving, then he should ruin your life!!!!

Here in Toledo, one of the OSU meat-heads partying at a local bar just killed 5 members of a family from Maryland (several under 10 yrs, very sad), driving the wrong way on I-280, and his BAC was 3 times the legal limit!! He walked away-- soon to have prison time of course.

Not two weeks later some drunk chick drove the wrong way on I-475 and crashed her car into the median-- thank god no one else was involved!!!

I swear, this town is a bunch of drunks-- I work nightshift and see them all the time.

Old 01-28-2008, 03:23 PM

710 posts, read 3,034,910 times
the best way to stop drinking and driving is to have walkable communities and excellent public transportation. New york city has really low DUIs per capita.

Old 02-04-2008, 12:26 AM

245 posts, read 1,269,015 times
Centerville has a very low crime rate but TONS of police officers. The entire town is a big speed trap. Ditto for Bellbrook, Beavercreek, and Oakwood.

Old 02-04-2008, 08:36 AM

6,351 posts, read 21,477,975 times
I've lived North of OH 725 off McEwen for the past 4 years (8 total in CWT) Neither I nor my wife have ever had any issues with our local police. We're proud of 'em for the job they do and we behave. What's the problem?

Old 02-04-2008, 08:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoMikey617 View Post
Centerville has a very low crime rate but TONS of police officers. Ya think maybe there's a correlation here... Or maybe it's because people here have too much invested in home, family and community to act like idiots...

The entire town is a big speed trap. If ya don't speed, ya won't get trapped...

Ditto for Bellbrook, Beavercreek, and Oakwood.
Makes sense to me, too!

Last edited by Crew Chief; 02-04-2008 at 08:49 AM..

Old 02-11-2008, 11:40 PM

120 posts, read 460,255 times
Pratt and Chief and well behaved wife my hat is off to you all for being such up right tight citizens who have never looked outside the box or walked into a night club, restaurant, Christmas party, birthday party, after work party or any other place were alcohol was served. Congratulations to you all for never getting behind the wheel of a car after having a drink. But if you have ever not behaved and had a drink or two just remember you are drinking and driving and you deserve to have your life destroyed, your family's life destroyed, your vehicles locked up, your license revoked, your insurance canceled, your business shut down, your home sold, and forget getting a job because you will be on probation and your credit will be destroyed. Now you will also be able to enjoy jail with all of your local up right tight well behaved citizens including the town drunks, drug addicts, prostitutes, and such. You don't have to speed or kill anyone just pull out of a parking lot trap and “I am not talking about your local hangout starting with G” you can pull out of there after crawling from the bar to your car there are not traps waiting for you yet! It will depend on the quoto’s. Now if you think that your city is not making money on it, you need to think again. Ask yourself why are their parking lots at bars? Everyone except for you driving into that bar parking lot is making money! This original post was not for people who are in a box or supported by the box. Good Day

Old 02-14-2008, 11:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trickmystir700 View Post
Pratt and Chief and well behaved wife my hat is off to you all for being such up right tight citizens who have never looked outside the box or walked into a night club, restaurant, Christmas party, birthday party, after work party or any other place were alcohol was served. Congratulations to you all for never getting behind the wheel of a car after having a drink. But if you have ever not behaved and had a drink or two just remember you are drinking and driving and you deserve to have your life destroyed, your family's life destroyed, your vehicles locked up, your license revoked, your insurance canceled, your business shut down, your home sold, and forget getting a job because you will be on probation and your credit will be destroyed. Now you will also be able to enjoy jail with all of your local up right tight well behaved citizens including the town drunks, drug addicts, prostitutes, and such. You don't have to speed or kill anyone just pull out of a parking lot trap and “I am not talking about your local hangout starting with G” you can pull out of there after crawling from the bar to your car there are not traps waiting for you yet! It will depend on the quoto’s. Now if you think that your city is not making money on it, you need to think again. Ask yourself why are their parking lots at bars? Everyone except for you driving into that bar parking lot is making money! This original post was not for people who are in a box or supported by the box. Good Day
Trickmyster700, I served 23 years in the USAF, have been to plenty of parties, birthday and otherwise, where alcohol is served. I'm also a human being which makes me capable of risk assessment; I have a CDL in my wallet which didn't come cheaply and assures me a decent income. I don't do anything that would put it into jeapordy. Now, having said that, I believe MADD has provided a valuable service to our nation in making us aware of the dangers of drunken driving. But, MADD, like any other "do-gooder" organization must keep inventing new ways to keep the revenue flowing in. So the continuing push for lower intoxication levels. I have a real problem with some of their current efforst. And we're probably on the same side of the issue when it comes to funding for DUI task forces and the other things that make law enforcement a growth industry (Probably oughta go to the Politics & Other Controversies to continue down this road...) I also have no problem with the Gentleman's Club in that area; they provide a wanted service, they bring in GREAT tax revenues, provide decent pay for their employees and have never been a source of problems.

But having said all that, it still comes down to "I don't do anything that would put me or the people that I share the road with at risk"

Old 02-19-2008, 09:52 AM

11 posts, read 43,964 times
Here in Toledo, one of the OSU meat-heads partying at a local bar just killed 5 members of a family from Maryland (several under 10 yrs, very sad), driving the wrong way on I-280, and his BAC was 3 times the legal limit!! He walked away-- soon to have prison time of course.

Actually, it was a construction worker "meat-head" who caused this terrible accident. He lived in Adrian/is from Michigan. No affiliation with OSU. Maybe that tragedy could have been avoided officers in his town had "set a trap" and "selected him to go to jail."

The police should hold people accountable for their actions! Perhaps if people guilty of DUI faced penalties as stiff as those described by Trickmystir700, we wouldn't see so many repeat offenders. Come on, how hard is it to designate a driver or call a taxi?

Here's the link to the article: toledoblade.com -- Pickup driver jailed in wrong-way crash that killed 5 family members

Last edited by CO to CINCI; 02-19-2008 at 10:05 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Dayton