Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Dayton
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-28-2015, 04:09 PM

1,898 posts, read 2,751,163 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hensleya1 View Post
If Mitt Romney was a conservative puffed up by a "copious amount of Fox News propaganda," then I'm an Oscar Meyer wiener.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K9njHHyRI7g

Romney was no conservative, he was a political weather vane.

Ditto John McCain, the self described "maverick" who peddled amnesty for millions of illegal immigrants.

The GOP lost those presidential elections based on the weakness of their own candidates and the utter lack of conservative principles... or in Romney's case, a lack of any principles at all.

If you want a Tea Party congressman, all you have to do is move to Northern Kentucky -- i believe you are already familiar with the area and are dying to leave Dayton.

Personally speaking, I'm not sure I would ask him for anything and am ever so grateful Mitch McConnell (who's staff was a great help with a past problem) is just down river. ...Which is more than I can say for previous Ohio senators Voinovich and DeWine.

Postscript: And, I'd bet money Voinovich even understood some Hungarian.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2015, 04:22 PM

14,669 posts, read 14,631,326 times
No, but the bubble convinced conservatives "America"!hated Obama as much as them and would vote "anyone but Obama". Fact is, the culture war is lost but the extreme right wing is hanging on for dear life, and they're actually convinced "America" is with them.

Old 09-28-2015, 07:04 PM

3,513 posts, read 5,156,848 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hensleya1 View Post
If Mitt Romney was a conservative puffed up by a "copious amount of Fox News propaganda," then I'm an Oscar Meyer wiener.

Romney was no conservative, he was a political weather vane.

Ditto John McCain, the self described "maverick" who peddled amnesty for millions of illegal immigrants.

The GOP lost those presidential elections based on the weakness of their own candidates and the utter lack of conservative principles... or in Romney's case, a lack of any principles at all.
Romney had all the sleaze of Ted Cruz with the pizzazz of Jeb Bush and likability of Hillary Clinton. A horrible candidate for anything, I'm honestly surprised he even received 47% of the vote.

I think Nat's point was that the conservatives received a harsh reality check in 2012 when one of their darling candidates didn't make it to the final round. Like any primary, generally it starts off with the idealists garnering the earlier votes and reigning back in toward the more moderate candidates at the end.

Either way, I'm just thankful Mitt Romney is not running again. I don't think any politician gives me the chills more than that guy, not even Cruz (but maybe Rubio). There's something characteristically demonic about him, (and Rubio too, although not quite as bad-demonic at Romney).

Old 09-28-2015, 08:04 PM

14,669 posts, read 14,631,326 times
Romney was a guy who wanted power for power's sake, not because he truly believed in anything. Definitely a dangerous thing, but maybe not as dangerous as someone who will scorch the earth to carry out an agenda.

Old 09-29-2015, 02:20 PM

1,029 posts, read 1,300,088 times
Look at the number of protests that have taken place outside of Boehner's Troy office. Very telling. I understand that West Chester is shamed to have his name associated with that fine city
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Dayton
View detailed profiles of: