Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Dayton
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-06-2015, 01:30 PM

5 posts, read 6,028 times

Advertisements

Hello,
We are looking to buy a home it is in Franklin Twp outside of Carlisle and about 6 miles from Franklin. Its right on the border of Madison Twp and Franklin Twp.

Our questions:

what are the schools like:
Bobby F. Grigsby Intermediate
Chamberlain Middle
Carlisle High

Any pros / cons?

Whats the reputation of the area?

Is it considered the middle of nowhere to most people?

Thank you.............................
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2015, 03:49 PM

7,081 posts, read 8,943,199 times
Carlisle is not too bad unless you are near the DuBois apartments, which road is this house on? I used to go to camp hook on Morningstar Rd. back in the 1970s. There is someone in Carlisle that has this house that looks like a UFO.

I work with a few people from Carlisle and Franklin that are good people but the area in Franklin known as "Hollywood" needs to be avoided at all costs, it is a pocket of heroin junkies, pot heads and paint huffers, not everyone there is a druggie, I work with a woman that lives there and she always has some good stories.

Old 11-07-2015, 04:05 AM

5 posts, read 6,028 times
The house is located on Chamberlain Rd.

Old 11-07-2015, 06:46 AM

7,081 posts, read 8,943,199 times
That should be a nice area, Morningstar Rd. runs off Chamberlain and from what I have heard camp hook and a lot of the surrounding area is now the Twin Creek Metropark so the area will not be ruined by cookie cutter McMansion subdivisions or strip malls the way Lebanon has.

Old 11-07-2015, 10:38 AM

13,654 posts, read 9,711,429 times
This is uncanny... Recently I was dating someone who lives in that exact area, within walking-distance of the "UFOs". It's a quiet, unassuming middle-class area, typical of suburban Dayton. I have no knowledge of the schools, taxes, or prevailing tenor of city government. Pluses are large yards and quiet streets, and proximity of the metropark. Minuses are large distances to any retail establishments or highways. It's a lengthy drive through low-speed-limit streets to reach I-75 or the Dayton Mall area. Housing-stock is typical for inner-suburb Dayton: 1960s ranch-style, resembling the older parts of Beavercreek or Bellbrook.

Research carefully the property taxes and local income taxes. That could be the deciding-factor between otherwise comparable areas.

Old 11-09-2015, 08:38 PM

3,969 posts, read 8,501,739 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohio_peasant View Post
This is uncanny... Recently I was dating someone who lives in that exact area, within walking-distance of the "UFOs". It's a quiet, unassuming middle-class area, typical of suburban Dayton. I have no knowledge of the schools, taxes, or prevailing tenor of city government. Pluses are large yards and quiet streets, and proximity of the metropark. Minuses are large distances to any retail establishments or highways. It's a lengthy drive through low-speed-limit streets to reach I-75 or the Dayton Mall area. Housing-stock is typical for inner-suburb Dayton: 1960s ranch-style, resembling the older parts of Beavercreek or Bellbrook.

Research carefully the property taxes and local income taxes. That could be the deciding-factor between otherwise comparable areas.
The intersection of Chamberlain Rd and SR 123 (where the UFO house is located) to the Dayton Mall is about 20 minutes. It is just a couple of minutes more to the new Liberty Center at 75 and 129. Not necessarily a lengthy drive IMO.

If that property is in Carlisle School District, there is a 1% school income tax, but if it is outside of any corporation limits (town) there will be no other local income tax.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Dayton