Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Dayton
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-20-2016, 02:39 PM

3,513 posts, read 5,155,020 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dxdtdemon View Post
Are there any youth hockey rinks in the area other than the Kettering Rec Center and the one in Troy? There have been lots of plans to build one in Greene County but arguments over where it should be have kept it from happening.
I think Hara keeps ice on the floor most of the year, other than those three I can't think of any. Maybe UD or WSU has an ice arena, offhand I can't think of one, but I know Miami does so I'm thinking the odds might be good.

You are right that this area does not have many ice rinks. Very few people skate around here, and when they do it's most just a small amount of skating at Riverscape or something when that opens up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2016, 07:25 PM

1,328 posts, read 1,445,462 times
UD doesn't. Their team uses the Kettering Rec Center. Or at least they used too.

Old 02-20-2016, 07:38 PM

7,073 posts, read 8,930,724 times
The Wright State ice rink was at the nutter center when the Bombers played there, I have not been to Hara in decades, Goggin has the best ice I have ever skated on, very fast and good lateral maneuverability.

Old 02-20-2016, 07:41 PM

72 posts, read 105,078 times
South metro in Centerville has ice all year round I believe.

Old 02-20-2016, 09:11 PM

14,665 posts, read 14,624,550 times
The Chiller in Springfield is year-round also.

Old 02-21-2016, 06:59 AM

7 posts, read 6,631 times
Wow! This is all fantastic information, I truly appreciate it! My husband and I have an ample list of areas to look at when we visit in a couple of months. It will be a world wind trip of meeting realtors, school officials and possible new pediatricians etc. Does anyone know of any summer programs or where I may find a list? For example here at home both boys participate in hockey, lacrosse, art & science camps. I am just trying to think of ways for them to meet new friends. This is a new experience for all of us...we currently live in my hometown, the boys go to school at my old schools and my former teachers are now my colleagues...

Old 02-21-2016, 07:38 AM

There are lots of camps around here. I'll try to post some of them this week and I am sure others will post some too. For hockey, this will probably be the best one. I know my friend's kid goes to their camps. It looks like most spots might be filled up for this summer though. That is how good it is. So, you know to get in early if that is a camp you are interested in.

http://www.miamihockeyschool.com/Camp_Info.htm

Old 02-21-2016, 09:01 AM

7 posts, read 6,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RDriesenUD View Post
There are lots of camps around here. I'll try to post some of them this week and I am sure others will post some too. For hockey, this will probably be the best one. I know my friend's kid goes to their camps. It looks like most spots might be filled up for this summer though. That is how good it is. So, you know to get in early if that is a camp you are interested in.

Camp Info
Thank you for the information! We wouldn't be able to do the first sessions as school here does not end until June 26th. Once some things are finalized I think my husband will probably contact the local organizations. As much as I would love to be able to plan and get life organized before we move, I am quickly realizing it probably won't be the case😊

Old 02-21-2016, 09:43 AM

Wow, that is late. Most schools here finish at the end of May or beginning of June.

Old 02-22-2016, 06:45 PM

2,107 posts, read 5,080,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RDriesenUD View Post
Wow, that is late. Most schools here finish at the end of May or beginning of June.
Many schools in the Northeast frequently go well into June for the school year.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Dayton