U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Dayton
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should Dayton's city council pass a resolution correcting Trump's first flight in NC claim?
Yes, Dayton's City Council should grasp this opportunity to explain Dayton's claim to first flight. 8 40.00%
No, the common belief is that first flight took place in NC and Dayton should forget it 6 30.00%
I don't care 6 30.00%
Voters: 20. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old Today, 08:18 AM

5,958 posts, read 5,729,201 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WRnative View Post
I wonder if the Dayton media and politicians, let alone Ohio politicians, will pick up on Trump's comments today that the first airplane was flown in North Carolina.

See especially posts 15 and 18:

Trump's comment about Wright Brothers may offend some Ohioans

Does North Carolina's claim to first flight offend Dayton residents?

I often wondered how southeast Ohio, let alone Ohio in general, would have Thomas Edison represent Ohio in the Capitol's Statuary Hall rather than the Wright brothers. Edison was merely born in Ohio and didn't even grow up here. James Garfield himself would probably recognize the preeminence of the Wright brothers' accomplishments, as each state is limited to two representatives. And 7 Ohioans have served as President, and, due to his assassination, Garfield likely does not rank among the most important, even though he may have bee the most admirable of the lot.

https://www.aoc.gov/capitol-hill/nat...n/nsh-location
Are people still talking about this? I remember this conversation when I was in Dayton back in the nineties.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Dayton
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or