U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Dayton
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-29-2018, 11:08 AM

1,884 posts, read 2,153,346 times

Advertisements

As a Daytonian before suburbia, except for Oakwood, all I can say is, 2019 is the start of a new world Dayton. It'll take a while and things will look the same, but the foundation of the society is shattered.

https://abc22now.com/news/local/crim...d-police-chief

If you are there, do everything possible to save the national park service stuff -- that's international.

Early repercussions can be expected at U.D and from there elsewhere, and reactions can be expected in Kettering.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-30-2018, 01:44 AM

877 posts, read 1,047,116 times
He wasn't the current police chief, so I don't think it will have the impact you think it will.

Old 12-30-2018, 11:17 AM

31,573 posts, read 58,021,230 times
He no longer lived in Oakwood.
The alleged crimes were not committed in Oakwood.

This thread is much ado about nothing - so what else is new?

Old 12-30-2018, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dxdtdemon View Post
He wasn't the current police chief, so I don't think it will have the impact you think it will.
Many years ago, I, a Dayton resident and Daytonian, was referred to the city of Oakwood for a job. I did go and talk with them, and they were friendly enough, but I kept thinking that neither the referring agency nor they really comprehended what was being suggested:

Where you grew up, went to school, etc., is part of what you are. If there is value to it (and Dayton does have value) you don't just dump it and switch loyalty at the drop of a hat for something that's really less.

"I'm from Oakwood" is fairly meaningless outside of greater Dayton. "I'm from Dayton" is respectable in nearly every aviation-related place in the country as well as some places overseas (just say something to my online friend in New Zealand).

I did not dump my heritage for the job with the City of Oakwood, but I do realize it's sizable social and historic impact in the region. Oakwood is where "the better people" live(d).

Old 12-30-2018, 07:38 PM

9,472 posts, read 16,139,331 times
It has nothing to do with Oakwood per se, and it will be forgotten in about a week. Bebris' arrest is not going to have any visible impact on anything.

Old 12-31-2018, 02:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe from dayton View Post
It has nothing to do with Oakwood per se, and it will be forgotten in about a week. Bebris' arrest is not going to have any visible impact on anything.
Darlin',

If I were standing in "my old territory" (North Main Street), I would definitely feel the earth shaking beneath my feet.

You are right that many people won't give the matter a passing glance and for many reasons. Among other things, it matters how deeply rooted one feels in Dayton.

I don't think either of us is going to live long enough to see any results of the shifting, but people advise their kids as well as talk with their friends, so, I'll stand by my estimation.

Old 12-31-2018, 03:31 PM

9,472 posts, read 16,139,331 times
And I'll stand by mine.

Old Today, 09:24 AM

31,573 posts, read 58,021,230 times
I'm dying to know how this minor incident that didn't happen in Oakwood and has nothing to do with Oakwood is going to have a major impact on Oakwood, let alone Dayton and the surrounding area.

Old Today, 03:08 PM

1,008 posts, read 927,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
He no longer lived in Oakwood.
The alleged crimes were not committed in Oakwood.

This thread is much ado about nothing - so what else is new?
Lack of moderators. I mostly ignore this board. It's been dead for awhile
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Dayton
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or