U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Dayton
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 02-07-2007, 05:04 PM

1 posts, read 2,625 times

Advertisements

I just moved to the Dayton area (Centerville) for a job opportunity and so far, I love it! People are really wimps about driving in snow here, but other than that it is great! I am originally from MI (bay city) so the weather seems SO MILD! Its always sunny and until this most recent snow that stuck around for a few days, the grass was still green. Its 3-4 weeks from spring and we have just seen the first 'real' winter weather. Anyways, I recommend Centerville. Beautiful area, great shopping, no crime (that I have seen) and friendly people.... I have looked at a lot of apartments in the surrounding areas (miamisburg, w. carrolton, moraine, beavercreek), so if you have questions, feel free to ask. I don't have kids though so I don't know about schools. I am 28 yr/single female.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-18-2007, 10:20 AM

5,500 posts, read 6,026,874 times
I'm probably relocating and trying to get a sense of distances, drive times, traffic for where to live.
How long would it take you to get to WPAFB? And is the Centerville area sort of turning into an extension of Cinncinnati?

Old 02-18-2007, 07:58 PM

1,225 posts, read 2,924,968 times
It takes you around 20 minutes to get from WPAFB to Centerville, giver or take a few minutes, depending on what exit you use and what part of the base you are at. It is interestate all the way from the base (which has its own exits directly to the interestate system) to the Centerville area.

Centerville itself is an old crossroad village which is now surrounded by suburbia. The older part of Centerville is actually quite nice.

Centerville is not an extension of Cincinnati. It is certainly part of the Dayton metro area. Cincinnati is about 45 minutes away from Centerville, if the traffic is good, so you have the benefit of having the amenities and cultural offerings of both the Dayton and Cincinnati metro areas close at hand.

Example: This Friday I saw the Cincinnati orchestra at Music Hall give an Aaron Copeland concert. Next week I will see the Dayton orchestra perform works by Grieg and Sibelius. Also, in Centerville one gets both the Dayton and Cincinnati public television stations on cable.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Dayton