Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Dayton
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-13-2008, 09:50 PM

2 posts, read 11,248 times

Advertisements

We will be moving to the Dayton are soon. What is your opinion of the Heuber Heights schools from elementary and middle and high? How about the best place in the whole city for high school football? Are there any schools that have 8th grade football? Thanks -Erin

Last edited by Crew Chief; 05-15-2009 at 10:19 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-13-2008, 09:56 PM

310 posts, read 1,209,312 times
Default Huber Heights Schools

Try these links for more school information and ratings.

Ohio Public School Rankings

Great Schools - Public and Private School Ratings, Reviews and Parent Community

Schooldigger.com -- Search and compare elementary, middle, and high schools.

Good luck!

Mike

Old 12-14-2008, 11:45 AM

1,312 posts, read 4,774,353 times
From what I remember, it's a fairly large school district and more diverse than some others in the area. The school district is run by the city, and here is the website Huber Heights City Schools. There is also the local Catholic grade school, which is St. Peter's. Here's their website too. St. Peter Home. You don't have to be Catholic to send your kids there.

Old 12-14-2008, 12:21 PM

2,107 posts, read 5,081,848 times
My recommendations for schools with good football programs would be Centerville, Northmont, Alter (Catholic high school in Kettering), and Huber Heights/Wayne HS. I'm betting with the level of programs they have, at least one of those districts has an 8th grade team. The exception may be Alter because its feeded schools are catholic grade schools, i.e. no middle schools.

While not the best district in the area, Huber Heights is a decent district. I know their home football games can be rowdy at times, but it's a bunch of high school teens so I guess I shouldn't get my hopes up too much. The previous poster is right about it being a more diverse school district then say Centerville, Beavercreek, or Springboro. Huber Heights also doesn't perform academically as well as the first three as well as Kettering, Bellbrook, or Northmont, but that's only from an outsiders point of view from looking at test scores.

Last edited by wrightflyer; 12-14-2008 at 12:23 PM.. Reason: Addition

Old 12-15-2008, 11:21 AM

1,247 posts, read 3,861,235 times
Go to Vandalia, Northmont, or Tipp City, please! Huber has nice areas, but overall you will be much happier elsewhere. Trust me, I go to school with a lot of ex-Huber students who are all very nice, and they have only told me horror stories about the district.

Old 12-19-2008, 10:48 AM

92 posts, read 348,263 times
Don't believe the horrors that ex-huber kids like to tell. Just like every kid who went to Centerville isn't a snob. The reality is that it's a good solid district. It might not be Oakwood or Centerville, but for a family that doesn't have the money to move into one of those districts, it's a good fit. Especially given the type of housing you can get and the quality of education one can also receive. I am a Wayne grad, and that education paved the way for me to attend Princeton University. So make of that what you will. Your child will learn at very high levels if they are willing to work hard and take advantage of the education that is provided to them through HH schools.

As for football, Wayne is one of the best teams in the area and usually ranked in the top 10 in the state. They went to the OHSAA State Division I state championship in 1999 and have made the playoffs 10+ times...along with numerous conference championships. Also, Centerville and Northmont are the 2 other strong football teams in the area. I hope that helps.

Oh...also, Huber just approved building all new schools in the district, so Huber will have all new elementary, junior high and a new Wayne High school in the next couple of years.

Old 12-19-2008, 04:00 PM

1,249 posts, read 1,732,449 times
A good friend of mine went to Wayne 10 years back, and she liked it really well. It is a larger type of school, but she said she had no problems other than normal high-school type issues.

Old 12-31-2008, 08:16 PM

3 posts, read 10,196 times
I teach in this area. You can find a better high school than the Huber Heights high school, Wayne High School. Centerville, Beavercreek, Springboro, Oakwood, and Kettering are all better schools than Wayne, in my opinion (well, Kettering is about the same, I guess).

I am not fond of the Huber Heights area in general, so I am a little biased. Every single house looks the same and it's not a very convenient area for shopping, etc. Most of the housing is older. I'd look elsewhere. We have a lot of good football programs at the public high schools and the local Catholic schools. Many of the local Catholic schools have a large non-Catholic population and have 6/7/8th grader "wee" football teams.

Old 05-11-2009, 01:56 PM

390 posts, read 1,047,558 times
Try Vandalia-Butler. It's about two minutes up the road but its a total different atmosphere. Great city. AMAZING schools! EXCELLENT rating from Ohio Board of Education every year since 2002. Plus they're getting a new middle and a new high school both with state-of-the-art atheletic complexes. The football fields will be turf. Its going to be awesome. Vandalia also has the Sports Complex, a huge massive atheltic park, probably about 150 acres. They also have the brand new Vandalia Recreation Center which is really cool. Vandalia probably has the most to offer ina diverse athletic atmosphere. The recreation there is outstanding!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Dayton