Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Dayton
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-10-2009, 02:26 PM

390 posts, read 1,047,678 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crew Chief View Post
Nickolasposter, didja see where the Buckhorn Tavern made the Dayton Daily News's front page last week? The article was about how restaurants are starting to see more business. (I hope that's an increasing trend!!!)
I know...lol. I got so excited! I would just like to corect myself though I thought the Buckhorn was in Vandalia its in Buter Township which it practically borders Vandalia. But yeah. I've heard alot about the restaurants' business improving but I hope it stays that way. Who knows, the economy is all over the place right now. One day things are up, then it just drops down again, then it goes back up, and then down again, and....well...you get the idea.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2009, 02:40 PM

1,225 posts, read 4,452,378 times
Quote:
HIGirl, if you could deal with The Greene, we REALLY enjoy Pascha Grill there. They have a Turkish menu that is VERY good (even to this finicky, no-exotic-or-really-spicy-foods guy) Their outside seating is covered and the overhead fans are noisless and make it more comfortable on the hot days. We've enjoyed many a great meal there. Turkish food is very similar to Greek food, as well.
I second this. I was there earlier in the summer for lunch and it was fabulous. I loved their little patio and the place has a certain old-world charm. They manage to pull off a good menu and great atmosphere.

Old 09-12-2009, 12:39 PM

390 posts, read 1,047,678 times
I went to Pascha Grill last night and really enjoyed it. Thanks for the tip!

Old 09-12-2009, 12:53 PM

6,351 posts, read 21,530,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickolaseposter View Post
I went to Pascha Grill last night and really enjoyed it. Thanks for the tip!
Must've just missed you (unless you're married with two young girls and sat outside) we were there from 5 pm- 6 pm!

Old 09-12-2009, 01:13 PM

111 posts, read 539,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crew Chief View Post
HIGirl, if you could deal with The Greene, we REALLY enjoy Pascha Grill there. They have a Turkish menu that is VERY good (even to this finicky, no-exotic-or-really-spicy-foods guy) Their outside seating is covered and the overhead fans are noisless and make it more comfortable on the hot days. We've enjoyed many a great meal there. Turkish food is very similar to Greek food, as well.
Ooh! Thanks for that recommend. I live in Nevada, but will be in Southern Ohio last 2 weeks of October. Will check out Pascha Grill for sure.

Old 09-13-2009, 03:49 PM

160 posts, read 631,257 times
So much talk about the Pascha Grill that I think we are going to have to go this week. I will let you know how it goes. Thanks for the suggestions!!!

Old 09-13-2009, 03:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stdatwmu View Post
Anyone tried The Dock in Enon?

The Dock - Food & Spirits | Enon, Ohio

It's on the list for the Prestige Club card so we're debating heading up there sometime. Looks like a nice place per reviews online and their menu.
Hi STDATWMU - did you ever make it out to the Dock? We have driven by it and have always been curious about it.

Old 09-13-2009, 05:48 PM

164 posts, read 381,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HIgirl View Post
Hi STDATWMU - did you ever make it out to the Dock? We have driven by it and have always been curious about it.
No, not yet. But since it's on the Prestige Card and we can get a free entree I think we'll likely make it up sometime over the next couple of months. I'll definitely report back when we do!

As far as some of my favorites in the area, in no order, and ranging from cheapo to fancy... Sweeney's Seafood, City Barbeque, Momma DiSalvos, China Cottage, Fleming's, Cena, Salsas (in Riverside), Rusty Bucket, First Watch.

Old 09-14-2009, 06:01 AM

6,351 posts, read 21,530,387 times
Our favorites, also in no special order:

- Meadowlark (in the shopping center East of the Dayton Mall next to Value City furniture and the former Half Price Books). GREAT Sunday brunch,too!

- Pascha Grill (see above)

- Carraba's (OH 725 in Washington Twp) For a chain, they have EXCELLENT food. The proprietor, Doug Gill, is a wonderful host and he has some of the finest servers we ever had the pleasure of being served by.

- First Watch. We kinda got burned out on it awhile back; coffee was blah for us. HOWEVER, I tried their goetta omelette (available in Cincinnati area stores) and it was to DIE for!

- Don't laugh, but we find ourselves at our local Waffle House on a semi-regular basis... We REALLY like their waffles and found they're even better than the much-pricier Original Pancake House on OH 725 in Washington Twp. (We've been cheated on our last few visits; the other customers actually behaved)

Old 09-14-2009, 07:07 PM

Thumbs up Pasha Grill was wonderful

So we made it out to Pasha Sunday night and it was great!! The food was delicious (we shared the mixed grill plate) and the service was very good. We sat outside in their covered outdoor seating and it was a beautiful night. Definitely on our "must go again" list. [Thanks CrewChief for first listing it on this thread. And by the way - nothing wrong with Waffle House. The food is tasty and the price is right.]

stdatwmu - definitely agree with you on Mama DiSalvos and City BBQ - two places where we usually take our out of town guests. Cena was original destination last night, but then changed it to The Wind Cafe (Yellow Springs) but they are closed Sunday and then decided on Pasha. However, we do plan on trying Cena and Wind Cage at a latter date. Keep me posted on The Dock though.

Thanks for all of the suggestions!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Dayton