Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Dayton
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-13-2010, 10:46 PM

3 posts, read 14,515 times

Advertisements

I am a white female with a mixed child. I aint racist and dont mean to offend anyone, but it takes a community to raise a child. As soon as the black community understands it takes two to raise a child they will be better off. Where are the fathers and mothers. Do they spend time instilling wisdom in there children what kind of morals do they teach what do the children witness at home and drug dealers are the teachers when the parents arent around and some parents are making the dope boy rich by buying weed and other drugs and education is not stressed at all and it goes generational break that tradition teach your kids respect love education and moral wisdom
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-13-2010, 10:50 PM

And another thing you teach your children that material goods dont fill the void for love and teach them to work for their money

Old 03-13-2010, 10:53 PM

work as in JOB not DRUGS and to grow a back bone young BLK females dont settle for less than you are and dont let a man lay up under your earnings

Old 06-02-2010, 04:59 AM

11 posts, read 38,759 times
Living in an area that is poor or living around a great number of poor people, your most likely to find crime and drugs as well. If you live in North Dayton, your really living in Clayton and it could be a poor neighborhood. People are most likely using drugs or involved in crime and so it's an area that is just asking for trouble. People act like dogs. So, as much as you can, try to live in an area where the economic condition is a bit better and try to stay out of the slums, where the drugs, drug dealers and alcoholics and prostitutes are most of the population. Hell is burning, smell the sulphur and stay out.

Another thing I've noticed about Clayton, even though it is mostly a black area, the most hated people are black women. The black men are off with white women and the black women are brutalized by the worst men and everyone is hating the black women and her child or children. It's pathetic. Black women need to get their heads out of their azz, put out those worthless black bums out of their lives and start again trying to build a decent life and get right with God before they all end up in hell.

Old 06-03-2010, 08:07 AM

390 posts, read 1,047,969 times
I don't think Clayton is that bad. It is way safer and has a higher per capita income than Englewood, it's brother suburb. The Clayton-Englewood-Union area is going to craps though. Thats why so many people that have money there are beginning to move east to Vandalia or Butler Township, or west to Brookville or somewhere further in the countryside. And I'm not just saying that to support Vandalia. Literally, Vandalia, Butler Township, Brookville, and Tipp City all saw population increases over the past decade and have all consistently increased their per capita income. Englewood, Clayton, and even Huber Heights saw losses in population, per-capita income, and jobs. Now, of course Vandalia-Butler, Brookville, and Tipp saw job losses, but they have replaced them with new jobs and are still growing their city.
Lets be completely honest here-
Vandalia/Butler area in the past ten years got a new state of the art rec center, totally redid that interchange of I-70/I-75, began to expand the airport, saw huge developments around Miller Lane including over 3000 hotel rooms in 8 hotels, adding 80 restaurants/stores, opening four large new anchors, plus they lowered their already low crime rate, built a new fire station, municipal building, began building a huge new high school, began building a new middle, is beginning to develop land around Airport Access Road, and added 8 new multi-family neighborhoods.
Tipp City continued adding to their historic district, built a brand new high school, added more to their commercial district on the western edge of the town, and added four new multi-family developments.
Brookville just added to huge new distribution center creating hundreds, perhaps thousands of jobs. They have redeveloped their parks, built a new high school, and added three new multi-family neighborhoods.
In contrast Englewood has fixed some of their streets, but still has no plans to build any new schools. They have over 2000 shoved into a medium sized building built in the 1950s. All of the other schools besides Wayne have 700-1200 students in much larger, open, new buildings. Englewood, Union, and Clayton have only gained one new anchor (a new Kroger) and their K-Mart is about to kapoot. They have done nothing to highlight their area aethetically and it is starting to look dirty. They even tried to build a town center like the Greene way out in the middle of the countryside called the "Village of North Clayton" but they overpriced homes and only got three tenants. Only two of those tenants still exist. Poor leadership, unfortunate location, downsliding schools, and a lowering population. And for those who say, "didn't Northmont schools get an "Excellent with Distinction" rating. They did. But according to the ODoE system, anyone can get that if you show that you were at a certain level like "poor", then bump up to "average" and stay for two years. Excellent with Distinction is not the best, it just means improvement basically. Unfortunately, their ratings actually went down last year, more problematically in the sciences and maths.
Huber Heights already lost their K-Mart, can barely support a poorly developed Meijer that sits across from a WalMart SuperCenter, has a rising crime rate, a poor rated school district, and although getting new buildings they are doing nothing to fix the high school. Huber is not nearly in as bad as shape as the Englewood-Clayton-Union area, however, because of it's luck of being so close to Wright-Patt.
My point is, Clayton-Englewood-Union, is becoming the next version of Trotwood- it's falling apart. Once considered one of the nicest cleanest, calmest suburbs is now a bland, losing out community of the past. I think there is still hope for Englewood, but they need to make some serious changes and soon.

Old 01-28-2011, 12:52 PM

112 posts, read 166,290 times
My sister-in-law used to install telephone lines for the phone company. She often had to go to the West Side of Dayton and she said almost always, the homes were filled with adults sleeping off alcohol or drugs, and kids were in the home and not in school. She once asked one little boy who appeared to be around age 9-10 why he wasn't in school and he replied, "I had to stay home to show you were the phone is supposed to go"...yet there were 4 adults in the house including one sleeping in the bed of the room where she was installing the phone jack. Until people in this area decide to help themselves, there won't be any change. I know not everyone who lives there is like this so please don't call me racist, etc. These are facts. Parents need to encourage their children to do well in school--education will get them out of poverty. How can these kids stay away from drugs, etc., when the adults in the house are addicts and don't seek out gainful employment?

Old 04-20-2011, 09:33 PM

161 posts, read 328,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crew Chief View Post
Couldn't agree with you more, Billy from Dayton! (Actually, the REAL reason I'm afraid to come downtown is that I'm afraid that Natasha Williams from Channel 7 will run into my car...)
Does Natasha Williams still work there?

Old 05-08-2011, 05:42 PM

5 posts, read 20,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dytstandup View Post
I live in West Dayton,Greennwhich village neighborhood known as (G.V.C) and i have witnessed 5 deaths and 10 shoot outs this last past two months. Im bout to graduate so yes i am happy to be on the verge of leaving this city.Can some one tell me why our murder rate is so high but our population is not more than 200k.
Because the DPD are lazy arse morons. Are you dense?

Seriously! You get a CCW, deal with the problem yourself, then call them for THE CLEANUP OPERATION. 10 years of living in different parts of the city limits, all the precincts are the SAME! 5th district is the worst of all of them though. People have been seen dealing drugs right in front of them! Not sure if they were dealing with the cops or not though. It's a possibility

Old 05-08-2011, 05:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ianewk View Post
And 28" rims! Hollaaaaaah!!!
You forgot those annoying azz sound systems that you can hear a half mile before they actually reach your street

Old 05-08-2011, 05:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickolaseposter View Post
Dayton should just tear down the inner city and start over.
Well, they wanted to start with the Arcade, but the new owners can't or won't pay the taxes on that either! FAIL
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Dayton