Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Dayton
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-31-2010, 09:32 AM

116 posts, read 384,350 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joelle1214 View Post
What is DMM?
Dayton MostMetro
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2010, 10:23 PM

2,785 posts, read 6,629,599 times
Found this on the site, I went to this last year, really great event.

Urban Nights – Spring 2010 | Dayton MostMetro

Old 04-30-2011, 04:01 PM

6 posts, read 9,747 times
I've registered on DMM, but I can't seem to post anything (my computer just sits there thinking about it and nothing ever gets posted- so I'll post my question here).

Sounds like I am one of the people Downtown Dayton is fighting to attract. I am married, no kids (unless you count our two cats) and in my mid twenties. I will be an AFIT student starting in Aug 2011 and am considering living at The Greene or someplace downtown (The Cannery and First Place Condos mainly) because my husband and I want to be able to walk to nightlife and places where we can run/bike. So far The Cannery is winning because it's cheaper than First Place or The Greene, is closer to the Oregon District, and is closest to AFIT.

After reading many forum posts about downtown on a few different websites I've gotten over my initial worries that downtown is an ultra-scary haven for drunks and criminals and I'm starting to see it as an up-and-coming, active lifestyle, tight knit community. It sounds like a lot of improvements have been made in the past few years.

Could anyone from this forum help me get in touch with people who actually live at First Place Condos or The Cannery? I want to know what it's REALLY like to live there. Of course all the reviews online are negative (because people don't tend to leave a place a review unless something bad happened) and dated (pre-2009), so I'd like to hear from people who live there now (2011). My ideal apartment will be QUIET (I'll be studying a LOT), spacious, and safe. If The Cannery and First Place can't offer that then I think I should start focusing my efforts more on the burbs (unfortunately). Any help is much appreciated!!

Old 05-04-2011, 08:49 PM

6 posts, read 9,096 times
I am just wondering what, if anything you found out about either of these places. I am in the same boat as you and was looking pretty seriously at the Cannery. I am hoping that the Dayton downtown has lost the image as a crime ridden dump. Everything is my research is also outdated on many of the apartments in the downtown area and it seems impossible to find anything recent or from current tenants.

Thanks!

Old 05-04-2011, 11:46 PM

Hi Tilly,

No, I haven't received any responses yet. I'm about 90% sure we're going to jump in on The Cannery. I spoke with a co-worker of mine who is FROM Dayton, OH (now living in Albuquerque, NM) and said the area downtown where the Cannery is is one of the better parts of downtown. He said mainly what people have issues with downtown are car break-ins and the Cannery has a completely enclosed parking facility across the street, so he thinks my husband and I are going to have fun living smack dab in the middle of it all- right in between the RiverScape and the Oregon District.

As an added bonus, I spoke with one of the property managers there and she said both of the buildings have loading docks with large freight elevators- easy move in- yay! I'm getting more and more excited every day! 3 more months to go...

Old 05-05-2011, 07:35 AM

2,785 posts, read 6,629,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiOfOH View Post
Hi Tilly,

No, I haven't received any responses yet. I'm about 90% sure we're going to jump in on The Cannery. I spoke with a co-worker of mine who is FROM Dayton, OH (now living in Albuquerque, NM) and said the area downtown where the Cannery is is one of the better parts of downtown. He said mainly what people have issues with downtown are car break-ins and the Cannery has a completely enclosed parking facility across the street, so he thinks my husband and I are going to have fun living smack dab in the middle of it all- right in between the RiverScape and the Oregon District.

As an added bonus, I spoke with one of the property managers there and she said both of the buildings have loading docks with large freight elevators- easy move in- yay! I'm getting more and more excited every day! 3 more months to go...
The Oregon district is a pretty fun part of the city next to downtown. Some really cool trendy areas to check out. Good luck on the move!

Old 05-05-2011, 03:21 PM

390 posts, read 1,047,678 times
I know the buildings around the ballpark are going to be under renovation this summer and are supposed to be the coolest downtown living yet. Its called the Mendelson development.

Old 06-02-2011, 07:29 PM

Still looking for a first hand source with information on what it's like to live at the Cannery. I'm ready to submit an application- but I really want to hear from some actual current residents. Does anyone on this forum know anyone who currently lives at the Cannery?

Old 06-13-2011, 05:52 PM

390 posts, read 1,047,678 times
I know of two people and they both love it! They say their favorite part is how easy it is to walk to everything you need. Oregon is one block north, Ballpark one block south, and all the theaters, popular nightlife is a block west.

Old 06-15-2011, 03:49 PM

2,554 posts, read 6,900,943 times
What current projects are happening in Dayton right now? Underconstruction or approved?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Dayton