Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Deals, Coupons, Free Stuff
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-10-2011, 04:13 PM

2,480 posts, read 5,317,833 times

Advertisements

Glad you're feeling better Glory!

Summer weather out here this weekend-both days high 80's. Thunderstorms tonight to bring us back to reality-60's.

Old 04-10-2011, 04:32 PM

43,854 posts, read 51,154,207 times
The kids came home early from Disney this afternoon because it was so hot. My daughter said she really felt sorry for people here trying to enjoy their vacation because it was just miserable (88-90).
Other than the water parks, I doubt we'll go back until the end of September.

(shhhh....don't tell DandJ's husband.....)

Old 04-11-2011, 05:01 AM

17,330 posts, read 33,013,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GloryB View Post
The kids came home early from Disney this afternoon because it was so hot. My daughter said she really felt sorry for people here trying to enjoy their vacation because it was just miserable (88-90).
Other than the water parks, I doubt we'll go back until the end of September.

(shhhh....don't tell DandJ's husband.....)
BAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!! I hate the heat, too (especially the humidity) and even *I* won't tell him! I'd love to be close to family (even if it's his rather than mine), and the h & h (heat and humidity) doesn't even negate that.

Old 04-11-2011, 06:50 AM

It's MONDAY....so RISE AND SHINE....and GET THIS PARTY STARTED!

I haven't been to work in four days! That is almost a record for me. I'll have to wear a name tag so everyone remembers who I am. I start my new position today. I have a nicer and bigger 'cubicle' and absolutely love the supervisor.

Hopefully there are some freebies out there for us!

Old 04-11-2011, 08:40 AM

12,114 posts, read 14,991,553 times
Hey guys! We had a great trip, as always. I always wish we could stay a few days longer. I guess that's what makes it a good trip. The camp ground was RIGHT next to a rail road and OMG!! Ha ha. good thing I love trains and take sleeping pills.

One quick story for Glory... on the way home, I'm tired of sitting so I get up to get us a snack. I remember that I brought some peanuts in the shells so I open the cabinet and reach up for them when we hit a bump in the road and low and behold I drop the cheap store brand zip lock bag that I probably saved $.10 on!! The bag opens and they go everywhere!! I scream, he yells, the dogs start barking and he pulls over to find me in the back laughing my butt off with peanuts everywhere. Moral of the story is go name brand on the zip lock bags.

I will be singing " found a peanut, found a peanut" for months now.

Old 04-11-2011, 09:16 AM

15,891 posts, read 18,312,432 times
We had some bad weather in the Dallas/Ft. Worth area overnight. I woke up at 3:00 a.m. and didn't hear anything at all but I noticed the electricity was off. Luckily my alarm clock has a battery back up. So, I knew what time it was. At that point I decided to roll over and go back to sleep.....which I did, pronto. Then this morning I looked out the back window and thought there was a tree in the pool. LOL. It was really just a big branch. The patio was under water and I wondered if the sunken den (don't ever have one!) had flooded.

I tippy toed (which is not attractive when one has a size 10 foot) down to the carpet and it was dry. Huge relief.

I walked out front and the street/yards were covered in large branches but I could not see any damage to any of the houses.

Then I turned on the TV (yeah, the power was on when I woke up the 2nd time) and saw what had happened about 5 miles south of here. Roofs were blown off....all that kind of mess....but there have not been any deaths reported. I'm hoping there were no injuries at all.

We did get rain and we really needed it. I'm surprised that the sound of the grass gulping the water didn't wake me up....or, maybe that is what woke me up at 3 a.m. Hey, maybe that's why the big limb headed for the pool. lol

Old 04-11-2011, 10:04 AM

17,330 posts, read 33,013,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketabcha View Post
We had some bad weather in the Dallas/Ft. Worth area overnight. I woke up at 3:00 a.m. and didn't hear anything at all but I noticed the electricity was off. Luckily my alarm clock has a battery back up. So, I knew what time it was. At that point I decided to roll over and go back to sleep.....which I did, pronto. Then this morning I looked out the back window and thought there was a tree in the pool. LOL. It was really just a big branch. The patio was under water and I wondered if the sunken den (don't ever have one!) had flooded.

I tippy toed (which is not attractive when one has a size 10 foot) down to the carpet and it was dry. Huge relief.

I walked out front and the street/yards were covered in large branches but I could not see any damage to any of the houses.

Then I turned on the TV (yeah, the power was on when I woke up the 2nd time) and saw what had happened about 5 miles south of here. Roofs were blown off....all that kind of mess....but there have not been any deaths reported. I'm hoping there were no injuries at all.

We did get rain and we really needed it. I'm surprised that the sound of the grass gulping the water didn't wake me up....or, maybe that is what woke me up at 3 a.m. Hey, maybe that's why the big limb headed for the pool. lol
First of all, this entire post is hilarious! The way it was written, I mean -- not what happened!

Most importantly, I'm happy that you're safe and dry... and that your house is also dry. What a relief after a middle-of-the-night scare!

Old 04-11-2011, 09:13 PM

Shows how big of a state Texas is. Ketabcha almost gets blown away....while Camper is idly playing with nuts in the RV.

New job turned out interesting tonight. Love my nice big desk and a few other perks. It's real quiet and 'newspaper' feeling. (Never hear much sound from any dept other than circulation/sales.) I still have a bit to learn, but looks like I made the right decision to change my job description.

I'm still a wee bit nauseated from the stomach virus. Hopefully by tomorrow, I'll be able to enjoy some food without worrying about a 're-visit'.

Time for bed. Just wanted to get a few freebies posted so they wouldn't all be gone by tomorrow morning.

Old 04-11-2011, 10:20 PM

15,891 posts, read 18,312,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camper1 View Post
Hey guys! We had a great trip, as always. I always wish we could stay a few days longer. I guess that's what makes it a good trip. The camp ground was RIGHT next to a rail road and OMG!! Ha ha. good thing I love trains and take sleeping pills.

One quick story for Glory... on the way home, I'm tired of sitting so I get up to get us a snack. I remember that I brought some peanuts in the shells so I open the cabinet and reach up for them when we hit a bump in the road and low and behold I drop the cheap store brand zip lock bag that I probably saved $.10 on!! The bag opens and they go everywhere!! I scream, he yells, the dogs start barking and he pulls over to find me in the back laughing my butt off with peanuts everywhere. Moral of the story is go name brand on the zip lock bags.

I will be singing " found a peanut, found a peanut" for months now.

YouTube - Georgia White ~ Hot Nuts (Get 'em From the Peanut Man)

Old 04-12-2011, 06:26 AM

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y56/ZootHouse/spring06.jpg (broken link)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Deals, Coupons, Free Stuff