Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Deals, Coupons, Free Stuff
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-14-2011, 01:53 PM

2,164 posts, read 1,652,760 times

Advertisements

Remember those Dial Clean & Soft w/ exfoliating beads samples? I liked it so much I used the coupon when it was on sale yesterday and got it for about 1/3 of the price. It's good on my face & hands. I'm gonna send 'em a postcard w/ my address, tell 'em I like it and hope for more coupons.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camper1 View Post
I have never stayed at a KOA myself so I cant even comment on that one but as far as the tent vs cabin, you might want to visit the camping RV thread. I would say either one would make for a great weekend.... unless you have access to a Class A that is!
Don't know what Class A means...
Nah, I pretty much stay on this thread, but thanks for the advice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gandalara View Post
KOA's are franchises - the 'niceness' of the place depends all on the owner and the area.
Thanks, I'll keep that in mind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GloryB View Post
Here's a nice link for RV Park Reviews: (not sure if it covers tent camping...but I think most places offer both.)
Thanks for the link, Glory.

We only camp once a year, in April, but I thought it might be nice to find someplace new to try when it's vaca time again. Daughter will be out on her own before we know it, although I think she'll be here for her last two years of college. (Hope so...she's an only child and I know I'll miss her!)

Old 06-14-2011, 07:47 PM

8,091 posts, read 15,435,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starr.R View Post

Don't know what Class A means...

Class A = they usually are the size of a bus, 30 to 40 feet long. Those big things that music groups criss-cross the country in.

Class B = they used to call them Van Conversions, average 17 to 19 feet long. Now some of them even have slide-outs.

Class C = In between the A's and the B's, built on a truck chassis, 20 to 31 feet long. Used to have a cab-over with a bed, now they put TV's and storage above the driver, LOL

Can you tell I've been doing research?

Old 06-14-2011, 07:51 PM

12,981 posts, read 14,533,906 times
I didn't know if I should start a thread or post here, but right now, Coldwater Creek is having a 50% off sale, and if you are their ''fan'' on Facebook, you get free shipping-this is the code: FBPARTY

I love their stuff, and half off & free shipping is just too sweet to pass up!

Ends the 19th--hey good stuff there Camper!

Old 06-14-2011, 10:38 PM

12,981 posts, read 14,533,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzymystic View Post
I didn't know if I should start a thread or post here, but right now, Coldwater Creek is having a 50% off sale, and if you are their ''fan'' on Facebook, you get free shipping-this is the code: FBPARTY

I love their stuff, and half off & free shipping is just too sweet to pass up!

Ends the 19th--hey good stuff there Camper!
Hate to quote myself, but it's too late for me to edit it in, so here's a link to the site if you want to take a look! Women's Apparel & Fashion Accessories | Coldwater Creek

And you need that facebook code: FBPARTY to get the free shipping.

Old 06-15-2011, 02:26 AM

2,164 posts, read 1,652,760 times
Quote:
Class A = they usually are the size of a bus, 30 to 40 feet long. Those big things that music groups criss-cross the country in.

You are a hard worker, thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzymystic View Post
Coldwater Creek is having a 50% off sale, and if you are their ''fan'' on Facebook, you get free shipping-this is the code: FBPARTY
I like their stuff too, so thanks for the link.

Old 06-15-2011, 05:47 AM

43,854 posts, read 51,184,922 times
Fuzzy.....You can start a new thread with any particular DEALS any time you want to. There are usually so many out there and without knowing who shops where, I don't know which ones are the best deal and which ones to post. I end up avoiding them unless someone asks me specifically regarding something they are looking for. (I get most of those in dm and they sure can be time consuming.....)

HELLO TO EVERYONE!

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y56/ZootHouse/993wednesday13-1.jpg (broken link)

Had a good training session (or whatever) with the guy from the Chicago Tribune. The only funny part was when he told me they were more laid back.....more mid-western............... Guess he didn't know I've dealt with Chicago before and they are in NO WAY laid back or mid-western in frame of thought.

Old 06-15-2011, 08:04 AM

12,114 posts, read 15,002,256 times
Quote:

Class B = they used to call them Van Conversions, average 17 to 19 feet long. Now some of them even have slide-outs.

Class C = In between the A's and the B's, built on a truck chassis, 20 to 31 feet long. Used to have a cab-over with a bed, now they put TV's and storage above the driver, LOL

We priced them all and compared what all you got for what you paid for. Then figured in the cost of gas vs comfort. The Class A won out for us because I can just swing around and get up with out him having to stop. The class C & B seats drop down a little more and weren't as easy for me plus you get a bunch more space on the Class A. It all came down to comfort for us.

I guess give thought to how mcuh stay still time vs travel time.

Yeah, thats us, The Partridge family!!!

Old 06-15-2011, 08:48 AM

Gosh....have you seen some of those million dollar jobs? They probably only get 3 miles per gallon. I can't really imagine why someone would want THAT MUCH glitz in a motor home. Seems like too much of something....and you would need some gigantic lot in any park to park the thing in.

My parents used to have one about the size of yours Camper when they used to travel a great deal, but now they just have a small van conversion that is pretty darn cool looking. My 19 year old son said if he had one he would live in it. I think it's a cool option for a young person....if they weren't so darn expensive.

Old 06-16-2011, 08:56 AM

Starr....just noticed the statement under your CD name....GREAT! I think I'll do something similar. Truthfully, there are super nice people in many of the CD forums, but the nicest all in one group with no rotten apples....is the Freebie group!

----------------------------------------------------
So glad tomorrow is payday. I usually have a safety cushion cash wise, but I had car repairs and then one thing after another that I didn't plan for.... have caused me to really run short this pay period. Without breaking into my retirement fund, I have about $10 to my name and 4 cigarettes. How's that for ill planning? Bet I'll be getting up at the crack of dawn tomorrow to head for the store................

----------------------------------------------------

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y56/ZootHouse/broke.gif (broken link)

Old 06-16-2011, 11:55 AM

20,797 posts, read 9,743,388 times
Don't you hate that GB...us too here it has been a killer month with my son's wedding- plus clothes- plus a hefty gift...next week I am hosting a baby shower in my house with 45 guests...we are meeting friends I PA next month which I am looking forward to but it entails gas, hotels for three nights meals and a little fun money. Don't forget Father's Day...LOL
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Deals, Coupons, Free Stuff