Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Deals, Coupons, Free Stuff
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-27-2011, 06:51 AM

43,854 posts, read 51,154,207 times

Advertisements

Well, for you people in Mass, I just read on the news where they have issued a state of emergency . I have no idea why. It should only be a CAT 1 hurricane...which is really a bad storm....not a catastrophe. It certainly doesn't warrant evacuation. Compared to all those crazy snow storms you guys had this past winter, it should be a piece of cake. At worst, you may experience some power outages.

Still though, make sure you have secured anything that may blow around outside, fill the bathtubs with water to use for toilette flushing and get some fun no-cooking foods.....just in case.

It is actually still a little overcast here, but by tomorrow we are supposed to have a really nice sunny day. They have the $5 discount entrance fee to the big science museum here....compliments of Walmart. I would rather wait until they are less crowded and pay MORE....but my daughter really wants to go.

HAPPY SATURDAY....AND HOPEFULLY A SAFE SATURDAY TO ALL OUR NORTHEASTERN FRIENDS!!!

Old 08-27-2011, 07:17 AM

22,184 posts, read 14,796,611 times
Thanks GloryB

Old 08-27-2011, 12:49 PM

4,023 posts, read 5,525,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketabcha View Post
Happy Birthday to me! Hee hee hee.
I don't feel older but I am now one year closer to Medicare.

Everyone have a great day. I sure plan to.
Dang, I didn't get on here for a few........Happy Happy Belated Birthday, Keta! I hope that you had a great day!

Old 08-27-2011, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GloryB View Post
Well, for you people in Mass, I just read on the news where they have issued a state of emergency . I have no idea why. It should only be a CAT 1 hurricane...which is really a bad storm....not a catastrophe. It certainly doesn't warrant evacuation. Compared to all those crazy snow storms you guys had this past winter, it should be a piece of cake. At worst, you may experience some power outages.

Still though, make sure you have secured anything that may blow around outside, fill the bathtubs with water to use for toilette flushing and get some fun no-cooking foods.....just in case.

It is actually still a little overcast here, but by tomorrow we are supposed to have a really nice sunny day. They have the $5 discount entrance fee to the big science museum here....compliments of Walmart. I would rather wait until they are less crowded and pay MORE....but my daughter really wants to go.

HAPPY SATURDAY....AND HOPEFULLY A SAFE SATURDAY TO ALL OUR NORTHEASTERN FRIENDS!!!
Maybe because the houses are built differently 'up there'???? Our friend in CT. was pretty stressed yesterday.....they have never been through it.....heck, they were born in AZ.

Old 08-27-2011, 01:11 PM

Quote:
Oh...I thought the Mass you listed as your location meant you were Catholic.
ROFL! Bob the Rain Man, Bo the Brain Man.....goes to Mass......ROFL! This is the only time I have laughed since my gang left for Missoula......

I had to go back to the doctor....45 minutes from here..(I think it is not that far from that hospital where I went)..the lower back is still hurting a lot......so, I guess on top of the diverticulitis, I DID INDEED hurt my back when I carried that kid low to the ground.......the new muscle pills knock me out.....I've barely lifted a finger for 2 days... They stuck more needles in me......at least the mega doses of 2 different antibiotics are making my white count go back to normal...... I've stopped taking the other pain pill....I have no idea how people can become addicted to that oxy stuff......it made me nauseas...especially on an empty stomach. They hospital gave me a nausea pill, but I stopped that, too...the diverticulitis made me a bit nauseus....there were all kinds of strange symptoms that came with it....just couldn't figure it out.

Old 08-27-2011, 01:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketabcha View Post
So, you have experience with lighting candles. You may need that experience when Irene comes calling.

Be safe, Bob.
Better to have experience lighting candles than with, um, priests.

Old 08-27-2011, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyworld View Post
Thanks guys

Meet Michael Thomas C******Jr. he was less than 3 hours old here
A little doll! I love their little toes and fingers! So tiny!

Old 08-27-2011, 01:32 PM

Quote:
Wind is really picking up here. I left to go fill up the car with gas. After spending years living on the beaches, as soon as a storm approaches, I know to go get gas. NOTHING worse than ever trying an evacuation route while low on fuel. It will probably get a little worse as the evening approaches, but this is Orlando.....it was only a freak accident that it got hit that last time....by two hurricanes....in the same week. This was before I moved to Orlando.

I do need to go and start getting ready for work. Guess it goes without saying that I'll spend a minimum amount of time on a hair do.
I don't spend a lot of time on my hair in CO. either, GB, and I would probably never brush it if I lived in WY.

I am glad you got gas! Watched the news last night and several gas stations were out already......they can't pump gas when the electricity goes down either....and, as usual, the stores were getting wiped out of water, batteries, candles, bread, etc.. Saw the guy filling up the bath tub, too....and he talked about using it for the toilet.....I always thought it was used for extra drinking water if you are desperate.

AND, I always thought that windows were boarded up to save them. True, it is done to save the glass, but the main reason is so that the wind won't come through the house and lift off the roof...all windows to the house must be boarded up if this is to work. I had no idea.....never been in a hurricane....

Well, I AM on meds and I approve this message!

Old 08-27-2011, 01:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyworld View Post
Thanks

This is their first. This is my third grandson and the second one named Michael and my son is a Michael so it will get confusing around here although we call my other GS Mikey.

Mr. C is ecstatic.

My son I think is in absolute shock at the whole procedure..he needed oxygen and he did get sick. I think he is just overwhelmed. My daughter is excited because she was there with them and got to witness his birth. This is her very first nephew.
Things happened really fast after 24 hours of almost nothing and his heart rate dropped and an emergency C-section was almost performed but they ended up using forceps
Dang, that doctor took a chance! I saw his pic and could have bet he was a c-section baby! I went through labor and then had to have an emergency c-section..... C-section babies are so pretty......he looks like one.

Old 08-27-2011, 01:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasfirewheel View Post
Wurzig, I am SO sorry. Diverticulitis is SO painful. I've seen it in my last two bosses. The most recent boss had to have part of his colon removed after dealing with symptoms for a few years. Please take care of yourself.

I, too, am on a plethora of strong painkillers and prednisone (increased dosages of both). I can now walk -- but not a straight line. And these pills dont taste nearly so good as margaritas.

But thank goodness I'm retired and dont have to worry about getting back to work and running any errands. Life is all about doing nothing these days and enjoying it. Just kidding...I cant wait to get back to real-life.

And, if I dont post here, it's because (as I told Glory) I dont want to be posting downer-type stuff (like the above) all the time. I'll be back posting regularly when I'm up to it.
TFW, don't hesitate to post if you are having a crummy day. We need to know that you are hanging in there......we worry about you when we don't hear from you. Heck, I don't want to read just happy stuff.......that's not what friends are for.... Did you get Queenie back or is she still at your girl's house?

I think/hope I am okay with the diverticulitis, but I am watching what goes into my mouth....I am a pretty healthy eater, so I don't know what brought this on..but I am going to avoid nuts and seed types-of-things for awhile.....I did eat a lot of shelled sunflower seeds right before it happened though, so maybe that topped it off... I eat a lot of things for the nutrients...nuts and seeds are high in so many good things, but they are going to be out for ahwlie. In the paperwork, they said that 1/3 won't get it again, 1/3 will have occasional cramps and pain and 1/3 will have another bout of it. I hope I am in the first 1/3. I am a healthy person, so this threw me for a loop.

The dog is sick of me.......I'm a boring baby sitter. My girl and husband got on the speaker phone and yelled out to him.......he ran around and started looking for them.....his long tail was wagging.....too funny!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Deals, Coupons, Free Stuff