Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Deals, Coupons, Free Stuff
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-31-2011, 10:27 PM

2,164 posts, read 1,651,414 times

Advertisements

Glad everyone is feeling better!

Old 09-01-2011, 06:20 AM

43,854 posts, read 51,154,207 times
Since it's Eat A Better Breakfast month....how about breakfast in bed. This is for TWO, so share or save some for later.

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y56/ZootHouse/00b2053ns8q.jpg (broken link)

The reason I had this pic is because I found a small crochet tablecloth at the Goodwill for $10. I plan to sew it on a pillow like this. I have enough for two, but if I cut it, it would probably unravel.....so best to sew it on whole.

How's everyone today? Hopefully CW will have her house back in order after the storm and be able to join us today.

Old 09-01-2011, 07:55 AM

15,891 posts, read 18,312,432 times
What a charming pic, GB. I have some doilies that my grandmother crocheted before I was born. They really are sturdy just like she was. The crocheting I do is along the lines of blankets and afghans and baby stuff. I have not done that for a while but I do have quite a stock of yarn waiting for a hook.

Old 09-01-2011, 08:12 AM

20,797 posts, read 9,739,063 times
I was back yesterday my friend....LOL Happy September everyone...so glad the fall is coming soon

Everything is alway chaos here on a daily basis...that's what happens when you run a day care.

I posted this at The Cozy Inn but decided to do it here as well............

"A man gets on an airplane with 6 kids. The flight attendant asked if they were all his. The man replies no, I work for Trojan...these are customer complaints."

Old 09-01-2011, 08:17 AM

12,114 posts, read 14,991,553 times
Happy September everyone!!!! Please oh please, let Texas see something other than triple digit temperature days and dry ground.... how selfish of me when some have lost their homes and lives.

Hope everyone reading this is good and has a great month.

Old 09-01-2011, 08:56 AM

20,797 posts, read 9,739,063 times
Camper I think you qualify ~ enough is enough huh?

Old 09-01-2011, 09:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyworld View Post
Camper I think you qualify ~ enough is enough huh?
It really makes me feel selfish to feel that way when others are loosing their homes and lives to the hurricanes and fires but yes, enough is enough. I believe when you decide to live in a certain part of the country you just accept the weather as it is. I'm ok with HOT and DRY but this is a record drought like we haven't seen sine 1950 or so. Our tress and wildlife and crops are suffering so bad. I wish for relief for them not for green grass or flowers.

Old 09-01-2011, 09:11 AM

Quote:
I was back yesterday my friend....LOL Happy September everyone...so glad the fall is coming soon

Everything is alway chaos here on a daily basis...that's what happens when you run a day care.

I posted this at The Cozy Inn but decided to do it here as well............

"A man gets on an airplane with 6 kids. The flight attendant asked if they were all his. The man replies no, I work for Trojan...these are customer complaints."
OMG! I missed this post!! I'm going to have to share this one!!!!!

Old 09-01-2011, 09:40 AM

43,854 posts, read 51,154,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketabcha View Post
............ The crocheting I do is along the lines of blankets and afghans and baby stuff. I have not done that for a while but I do have quite a stock of yarn waiting for a hook.
Before my mom gave it up due to carpal tunnel (sp?), she used to make us the nicest afghans. Each of us have couple she made for us personally. I have a beautiful one in green and lilac that I'm always trying to incorporate in a room somewhere.

Quote:

Kind of how I feel about mine from time to time.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camper1 View Post
.............. I believe when you decide to live in a certain part of the country you just accept the weather as it is.
Well true, but actually this has been the worst drought in your area since 1895 according to: Drought Update

If something doesn't change soon, would it effect your ability to have ample water usage?

Old 09-01-2011, 09:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GloryB View Post
Before my mom gave it up due to carpal tunnel (sp?), she used to make us the nicest afghans. Each of us have couple she made for us personally. I have a beautiful one in green and lilac that I'm always trying to incorporate in a room somewhere.

Kind of how I feel about mine from time to time.....

Well true, but actually this has been the worst drought in your area since 1895 according to: Drought Update

If something doesn't change soon, would it effect your ability to have ample water usage?
Yes, our well could run dry. There are reports of it all over but I'm keeping my fingers crossed and hoping everyone is conserving like they should be. It has to end sometime, i just hope it's in my lifetime.

Then there's next year.....and it starts all over again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Deals, Coupons, Free Stuff