Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Deals, Coupons, Free Stuff
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-02-2011, 08:17 AM

15,632 posts, read 24,424,443 times

Advertisements

G'morning, Camper!!

Old 09-02-2011, 08:31 AM

20,797 posts, read 9,741,394 times
TFW that is horrible and so costly. Mother Nature is a strange character...gives way too much water in some areas and nothing in others..Life would be so much better if it would balance out

So excited for an extra day off this weekend. Now if I could possibly get some of that time for myself it would be awesome.

Have a great day everyone!!!!

Old 09-02-2011, 08:54 AM

12,114 posts, read 14,997,958 times
Seems Mother Nature is always going thru menopause these day. Just wish we were getting some night sweats with the hot flashes here!

Who'ss got big labor day weekend plans? Nothing special here. Just going to lay low after the long summer.

Old 09-02-2011, 09:03 AM

Would love to spend at least one day with my butt on a lawn chair and reading a book. I have truly missed that all summer.

Old 09-02-2011, 12:12 PM

2,164 posts, read 1,652,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GloryB View Post
I don't know Starr, our droughts are more like the water tables are low but nothing is really dying. We go though times when it is raining less than usual and our lakes are down. But what I read today online about the condition of Texas is scary. To actually have wildlife dying due to a lack of water is really sad. I mean, I know it is more of a deser type terrain, but for some reason, I never think of parts of America actually going dry.

That's it Texas girls, you'll have to come to Florida and live here with Starr and I!
Yep, come visit us! Just not this time of year...too hot & muggy. The best months here are October, April, (& sometimes, Nov.). October is my favorite month, and not just cuz of Hallowe'en & my birthday...it's just a really great time of year for the weather, and knowing the other holidays aren't far away.

The last time we had drought, the third year of it was scary, but you're right, we didn't have reports of animals dying and foundations cracking. It's always rough to see flooding in one part of America and drought in the other. Makes us feel so insignificant where Nature is concerned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketabcha View Post
As the little girl said to Bette Midler in "Beaches".....
"Can I bring my cat(s)?"
YES! Put another way... You betcha, Ketabcha! (In my mind, that rhymes, cuz I pronounce your name "kah-betcha".)

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasfirewheel View Post
Weather records are being broken every day.
Now the depression is headed for Louisiana instead and we're left high and DRY once again.

My only good news is that my foundation hasnt cracked...yet. My mother was a realtor and always warned me to water my foundation in dry weather because of the type of soil here in Houston. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that my luck holds out in that regard.
Yeah, during the drought here we would hope that one of the depressions woujld head our way. But I guess the fact that it didn't was a symptom of the drought, in a way. Sounds like your mom gave good advice...I'd never even known of that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camper1 View Post
Seems Mother Nature is always going thru menopause these day. Just wish we were getting some night sweats with the hot flashes here!

Who's got big labor day weekend plans? Nothing special here. Just going to lay low after the long summer.
LOL that's a good way to put it. Those hot flashes are the pits.
No plans yet, but that doesn't mean something won't happen. I've learned that these Hawaiians live on the spur of the moment, and a get-together never has to be planned.

Hope everyone has a safe & enjoyable weekend!

Old 09-02-2011, 01:59 PM

4,023 posts, read 5,527,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GloryB View Post
Since it's Eat A Better Breakfast month....how about breakfast in bed. This is for TWO, so share or save some for later.

The reason I had this pic is because I found a small crochet tablecloth at the Goodwill for $10. I plan to sew it on a pillow like this. I have enough for two, but if I cut it, it would probably unravel.....so best to sew it on whole.

How's everyone today? Hopefully CW will have her house back in order after the storm and be able to join us today.
Before I read what you wrote I looked at the pic........and thought: my husband would spill coffee on that crocheted pillow....... You can always tell where he has been.....he leaves coffee rings on everything.

Old 09-02-2011, 02:05 PM

4,023 posts, read 5,527,561 times
We have no plans........my back is still hurting a lot......he is on his way to Cheyenne to the VA doctor because he's getting an infection....his computer has a serious problem and with the heat, flies, mosquitos, yellow jackets, becoming ill AND the puter issue, he's in a bad mood....the dog is on his third day of diarrhea, (lots of it, so guess what I did yesterday down on my hands and knees, floors AND carpets), and so I yanked him to the vet this morning.......he is 70 lbs. now and just 6 months......$190.00. for tests, office visit, special food and bacterial meds.....

My plan is for survival.

Old 09-02-2011, 02:42 PM

Wurzig sounds like you need a long weekend on a secluded island.....

Old 09-02-2011, 10:38 PM

15,632 posts, read 24,424,443 times
I agree with crazyworld, Wurzig....you poor thing.

Here's an interesting piece of news. Lauren Bush (niece of George W) is marrying David Lauren (son of Ralph) this weekend. So her name will be Lauren Lauren. What are the odds of that happening?
Lauren Bush, David Lauren to wed Sunday in Colorado - Celebrity Circuit - CBS News

Old 09-03-2011, 05:35 AM

43,854 posts, read 51,171,725 times
I don't have much time this morning since I need to get ready for work.....but I'll catch up on answering all the posts when I get home this afternoon!!

Everyone have a great day!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Deals, Coupons, Free Stuff