Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Deals, Coupons, Free Stuff
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-16-2011, 06:24 AM

43,854 posts, read 51,154,207 times

Advertisements

In honor of National Eat an Apple Day.....

"Hey, we can go back to Texas now since they are cooling off!"

-----------------------------------------------------------------

I'm glad it's Friday....even though I have to work tomorrow. I sure hope
everyone is feeling better. My cold FINALLY left!

Happy Freebie Friday to Everyone!

Old 09-16-2011, 07:40 AM

12,114 posts, read 14,991,553 times
Hey! Parts of S.A. are getting some rain!! It's not much and it's no where near me but still.... it's raining in Texas and there is a chance for the next 5 days. I just poured water on my rain rock.... it might work, who knows.

Old 09-16-2011, 01:31 PM

43,854 posts, read 51,154,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camper1 View Post
Hey! Parts of S.A. are getting some rain!! It's not much and it's no where near me but still.... it's raining in Texas and there is a chance for the next 5 days. I just poured water on my rain rock.... it might work, who knows.
HEY...if it will make you feel any better, Russell Crowe mentioned you guys on Twitter today:
Quote:
russellcrowe Russell Crowe

3.7 million acres burnt,2600 homes lost,Texas doing it hard this summer. To help out go to www.texasdisasterrelieffund.org

9 hours ago
You can click on his name to see all Tweets today or the '9 hours ago' part to read the one Tweet.

I like the party about 'Texas doing it hard'..............
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y56/ZootHouse/5f06.jpg (broken link)

Old 09-16-2011, 07:49 PM

15,891 posts, read 18,312,432 times
It's raining here. I had forgotten what rain looked like. It is supposed to continue through the weekend. I hope it does. It sounds so nice.

Old 09-16-2011, 08:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketabcha View Post
It's raining here. I had forgotten what rain looked like. It is supposed to continue through the weekend. I hope it does. It sounds so nice.
Can I have a little please....

Old 09-16-2011, 08:27 PM

2,164 posts, read 1,651,414 times
Quote:
It was 76° this morning. I had to make sure my neighborhood had not been picked up and put down some place 1,000 miles north of here.

I actually went for a walk. What a delight.
Oh yes, sounds good. Autumn is my favorite time of year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GloryB View Post
I'm glad it's Friday....even though I have to work tomorrow. My cold FINALLY left!
Glad you're better too. Yay!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camper1 View Post
That IS good news. Keep my fingers crossed for you!

Quote:
I love the sound of the rain. I love watching it too. Hope you continue to get as much as you need.

Here's something new I'm trying:

Quote:
Congratulations! You have been automatically entered into our sweepstakes and could win $10,000.00 CASH!

Your responses may be used to provide you with
free product samples, information, special offers and valuable coupons.
Please allow 12 weeks for delivery of the coupons.

Click here to return to the Shopper's Voice® website.
Well, I can dream about such things, anyway!

Old 09-16-2011, 09:09 PM

15,891 posts, read 18,312,432 times
Oh wow, Starr. I hope you win. That would be a neat surprise, wouldn't it?

Old 09-16-2011, 09:37 PM

2,164 posts, read 1,651,414 times
Oh yes! That's be great. I'd put most of it on my mortgage...after I built up my "Saving for the Hawaiian Family Reunion," of course.

Old 09-16-2011, 09:45 PM

Hey hey hey!!!!! I finally figured how to post from my phone!!! . Now you guys can go camping with me!!!!!!!!!!! . .

Sorry, how rude of me...

Good luck Star!

Old 09-17-2011, 01:10 AM

4,023 posts, read 5,525,022 times
Good to hear about the Texas rain.......hope you get more! We had 2 days of light, constant rain and it was pretty chilly....and then, on Friday, it was a nice day outside.......... I think CO. must be one of those states 'if you don't like the weather, wait 15 minutes'........

We saw 'Contagion' or whatever it is called.......everybody gets a quick virus and dies...it started with bat poop and pigs......it takes them forever to figure out some sort of medicine....loaded with stars, but I don't see what is so grreat about it...maybe because it could be reality, I dunno...I felt like I had seen 10 other movies just like it somewhere along the way......maybe audiences have short memories...... I felt like the movie was too jerky, always jumping around to the next short scene before you could let the current one sink in...

The dog is on antibiotics again.......so far, so good...... We have now bought him one of those huge cage wire bed things....he likes it......we put a blanket over part of the top so that he can feel like he is in his 'cave'......we have bought the largest one available.......have no idea what we will do when he is 'full grown'...... He is destroying his toughest toys left and right......he is very gentle with us now, (but can play rough or almost knock you down when he bounces up against you), but he has jaws of steel and he is still a baby!

We had some sort of sump pump problem with the sewer septic thingie......the basement was starting to stink...(this is just great, since we are having house guests next week)....the plumber charged $600+. And life goes on......

We also lost a good friend to cancer this week.......in CA.....he was a great guy.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Deals, Coupons, Free Stuff