Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Deals, Coupons, Free Stuff
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-30-2011, 03:53 PM

4,023 posts, read 5,527,561 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GloryB View Post
Well Wurzig, I sure know how difficult this ailment is to live with. My mom has had it for years. She started out keeping a journal about what she could and couldn't eat. She had to leave out the foods/drinks that caused it to flare up. No coffee, chocolate....and just about anything else that originated in bean form. Then there was the cheese she had to give up. But they have new meds now, so it's possible you won't have to give up the stuff you love as long as you consume them in moderation.

The reason you guys MISS your kids is because they are not in your house being rude and disrespectful. They were so young (3 and 5) when their dad walked out and disappeared the first time for five years....until I just spoiled them terribly. My mom told me I would look back with great remorse for letting them get by with everything.....and she was right. My oldest son was a dream, but I had these two in my 30's and it was a whole new dynamic. If I could go back in time, I would have disciplined them more and made less excuses for their behavior.

(Yes, their dad was a preacher who in the middle of our marriage decided he was gay....so he hauled a$$ and left me with the two kids. We've heard from him about 5 times thereafter.)
You've definitely had a lot on your plate for a lot of years......TFW did, too..... So, you got no child support?

Yep, I am gonna have to watch what I eat and I like so many things that have seeds or nuts in them.....dang it, I am a healthy eater. Plenty of fruit, too.... I have been told to eat high fiber......well, I just don't get it......nothing stays in my guts a long time because I take a fiber pill every day.....sigh

SOOOOOOO, yesterday I found Bragg's organic cider vinegar in King Sooper's, (we now call it Soops to make it shorter)..... I put some in a glass of water with some honey.....I felt as if I was drinking easter egg dye....is this stuff supposed to grow on ya? I am going to try it a few more times......I'll let you know if I become younger, more radiant, healthy, less wrinkles, less cellulite, more skinny, more energetic, grow new teeth, no longer have to use hair color, have stronger finger nails, less arthritic feelings in my big toe, fingers, knuckles and wrists...

Okay, here's something cute: my CA next door neighbor's girl goes to school in NY. She is 18. She was invited to a boy student's house for dinner......he casually says his mom is an Italian actress. She's like, 'yea, okay'. 2 minutes later Isabella Rosselini walks around the corner, which makes Ingrid Bergman his grandma. Her daughter didn't know either one of them......hahahaha! Isabella sat down and told her the abbreviated story of her life......must have been a fun evening! Too cute!

P.S. Just kidding about growing new teeth.

Old 09-30-2011, 03:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasfirewheel View Post
I've got to brag on another item that I bought from 1saleaday.com. It wasnt a freebie but it was a great deal...a magnetic key holder, clock/calendar and voice-message-center for only $5.00.

I bought two and they arrived yesterday. I put one up on the magnetic board in my garage and, omygosh, it's wonderful. Now I wish I'd bought more to give as gifts. I tried to find more thru google but no luck. Well, I did find them for sale on Amazon -- the exact same item for $17.95 + $8.85 shipping -- and similarly-priced on other websites. (No thanx)

I've learned my lesson...when something is that cute and cheap, buy more!

Holy smokes, TFW! You really have to shop around......you are getting some good deals! Good for you!

Old 09-30-2011, 04:03 PM

20,797 posts, read 9,741,394 times
Wurzig...LOL I have my daily dose of it in a cup of grape juice (I like it room temp)...that disguises it pretty well. I felt a difference within 5 days so much I don't even take my prescribed Prevacid that I have been taking for a few years anymore. Huge relief especially at night..

Hang in there.

Old 09-30-2011, 07:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasfirewheel View Post
O, Wurzig, I'm so sorry that you were diagnosed as definitely having diverticulitis. That is so very painful.

I think I mentioned here that both of my previous bosses had diverticulosis. That's when the colon develops pouches into which pieces of food (most notably, seeds and nuts) can get lodged. Both of those men ended up in the hospital with diverticulitis (which is when the stuff lodged in the diverticula sits there and gets infected...ouch, is that agony). My most recent boss had to have surgery to remove a portion of his colon because of repeated attacks.

Diet is so important in controlling it. Stress is another factor -- although how can you avoid stress nowadays. And I'm sure there are meds that they give you for it too but I never felt comfortable enough with either boss to discuss their problems.

At least you know there's no malignancy, so that's good. But, again, I'm so sorry about your diagnosis.
Yep, you described it to a 'T'! I wonder how big those pouches are....

I don't know how to avoid stress......I moved here to a slower life......left some behind and picked up some new........

I feel run down lately.......but Tom Selleck will be on soon, so I'll pep up a bit......

Old 09-30-2011, 07:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GloryB View Post
I played around with my scanner and finally figured out how to UPLOAD a pic.
Here is Israel's PreK picture............

Gotta love that double cow lick. He just has that odd piece of tuft that grows in the middle.

Unfortunately, my son sends picks of his kids on Flicker and I haven't figured out how to size them properly so I can post them. Of course....he may be doing that on purpose.
It looks like he has a little widows peak under it......

All the grandbabies are cute......I love to see pics.

Old 09-30-2011, 07:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyworld View Post
GB your grandson and one of mine are about the same age...my littlest one just turned a month old and he is up to 8 lbs...YAY
This is Mikey

Mikey one and Mikey two

We have a 12 year old g-son but he is not named Mikey...LOL
Dolls!

Old 09-30-2011, 07:58 PM

Quote:
Wurzig...LOL I have my daily dose of it in a cup of grape juice (I like it room temp)...that disguises it pretty well. I felt a difference within 5 days so much I don't even take my prescribed Prevacid that I have been taking for a few years anymore. Huge relief especially at night..

Hang in there.
Okay, I'll try it in a bit of o.j. tomorrow........see how it goes.....

Old 10-01-2011, 12:28 PM

15,891 posts, read 18,319,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wurzig View Post
Yep, you described it to a 'T'! I wonder how big those pouches are....

I don't know how to avoid stress......I moved here to a slower life......left some behind and picked up some new........

I feel run down lately.......but Tom Selleck will be on soon, so I'll pep up a bit......

Things will settle down for you, Wurzig. You've had major changes going on all at once.

I'm thinking about buying the Jesse Stone series.

Old 10-02-2011, 08:21 AM

43,854 posts, read 51,171,725 times
Quote:
You've definitely had a lot on your plate for a lot of years......TFW did, too..... So, you got no child support?
Nope. (Don't make me bring out the great variety of compounded cuss word names I have for him............)

That was the COOLEST story about Isabella Rosselini/Ingrid Bergman. What a shame she had no idea what greatness of presence she was in. At least her lack of knowledge kept her from being a blubbering mess.

When my daughter was chosen as one of the singers at the Superbowl when it was in Jacksonville, FL with Paul McCartney...she had no idea who he was either.

Quote:

Hang in there.
What....that Braggs stuff? It smells like A$$! I think I'd rather take a pill.

Quote:
It looks like he has a little widows peak under it......

All the grandbabies are cute......I love to see pics.
He does. Sometimes she has it cut in a sort of GI look which is cute, but within a couple of weeks, the odd stuff comes right back out. She's given up and told him he had special hair from God.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketabcha View Post
Things will settle down for you, Wurzig. You've had major changes going on all at once.

I'm thinking about buying the Jesse Stone series.
OK...so you and Wurzig share 'The Joy of Tom Selleck'. I think he's handsome too. I like men who look like real men. Hair on the chest, stubble in the face and the ability to whip butt if needed.

IF you save this to your pics...you can sexy up your screensaver.
You can also enlarge it.

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y56/ZootHouse/tomselleck.jpg (broken link)

I have 4 of these montages of Russell Crowe.

Old 10-02-2011, 10:36 AM

15,632 posts, read 24,424,443 times
Oh, I love me some Tom Selleck too!! What an awesome collage. Thanks, Glory!!

Many online sources indicate what a nice, decent guy Tom Selleck is. Here's a wikipedia article that makes me love him even more:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tom_Selleck

Last edited by TFW46; 10-02-2011 at 10:45 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Deals, Coupons, Free Stuff