Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Deals, Coupons, Free Stuff
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-08-2011, 08:34 PM

15,893 posts, read 18,220,967 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GloryB View Post
Well, obviously, I never got back to the chat yesterday. I ran some errands since it was payday and we needed a few things. Then the rains began. Not pretty shower rains, but storm after storm with flood warnings. Messed up Israel and I going to the pumpkin lot opening at the church with face painting and hay ride................and I doubt seriously we'll be able to go to Epcot tomorrow.

So, Nanny is going to get out her paints and we are going to paint each others faces instead. Bet you wish I would post THAT pic.

My son asked me yesterday where all the toilet paper was. Since it was HIS payday as well, I told him it was down at the store if he wanted some. He didn't yell or cuss as usual. He actually gave me the money to go get him some while I was out. (Mine in still in the trunk of the car. It's just toilette paper and not expensive, but he has got to grow up and learn to take care of himself or he'll be living with me till Jesus comes.)

How's everyone else doing for weather?
You can tell folks your son was toilet trained at 19 (or whatever his age is).

I took a late afternoon nap today and I woke up at 8 pm. It was already dark outside. Before I turned on the tv I heard a strange noise outside. I put on the outside lights and saw the oddest sight. The grass and sidewalk are wet. What could it be? OMG! It's rain. Happy Dance!!!!

Old 10-08-2011, 09:08 PM

43,854 posts, read 50,895,920 times
Oh ketabcha....I'm so glad some of you are sharing our rain!

It's a mess here. Lots of flooding in the lower areas, 25 storm related wrecks alone, at one point I-4 was at a standstill and the eastern coast got heavy rains. It was all much like a tropical storm......even though no one named it or called it that. They expect the rains to continue through to Monday, possibly longer. It's been awhile since I've seen it rain this hard for so long.

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y56/ZootHouse/415045325_795880.gif (broken link)

Last edited by GloryB; 10-08-2011 at 09:27 PM..

Old 10-09-2011, 08:46 AM

Still raining. Not now and then or here and there.....just a sold steady rain sweeping across central Florida. Water is now crossing over parts of the Interstate. Not a very good thing for a major tourist destination.

I had someone ask me yesterday if the theme parks shut down for stormy weather. No, they do not. They operate even during hurricanes if at all possible. They still have the parades and everything they normally offer. People stay and people enjoy themselves, even in yucky weather.
Most of what you do is inside or in a covered area and you can walk from place to place with ponchos. Truthfully, it is so uncrowded for those days that you can end up having a super time.

OK...well maybe you didn't need to know that....but I didn't have anything else to say.

I'm going out in the rain to go to the store with Izzy. He has a couple of toys that need new batteries and I'm out of bath Fizzies (water color changers) for him. Anything to get away from the crabby bunch around here who are disgruntled because they have to buy their own laundry detergent/toilette paper this week.

Old 10-09-2011, 09:26 AM

15,632 posts, read 24,296,296 times
WOW, Glory...you had rain for 12 hours straight? My dead hedges are so jealous.

And, Ketabcha, congrats on your rain! The sky teased us with thoughts of rain but didnt follow through. How dry I still am. But the news says that storms are moving this way. The rains may fizzle out before they get to Houston but this is the best chance for rain that we've had all year.

Last edited by TFW46; 10-09-2011 at 09:34 AM..

Old 10-09-2011, 01:50 PM

15,893 posts, read 18,220,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texasfirewheel View Post
WOW, Glory...you had rain for 12 hours straight? My dead hedges are so jealous.

And, Ketabcha, congrats on your rain! The sky teased us with thoughts of rain but didnt follow through. How dry I still am. But the news says that storms are moving this way. The rains may fizzle out before they get to Houston but this is the best chance for rain that we've had all year.
Oh, I hope y'all get some of this wet stuff, TFW. It's so odd to look outside and see rain. It became quite a downpour over night. I keep an eye on the level of my in ground pool. If it floods then I have to prepare for a flooded sunken den (that were so popular in the 70s). I can pull the carpet back along with the pad and move furniture very quickly. I'm thinking of putting down 18" tile in that room. I've dealt with flooding since the 80s and it is no big deal. It's an inconvenience. That's all it is and I'm not complaining after this drought. I just never thought we would be in drought conditions because east Texas is very close by and it always has had a lot of rain. That's why the piney woods are so green. But I never dreamed that Houston would be in a drought, either, because of the humidity and the coast being so close. I'm praying for rain for y'all in Houston and for San Antonio, too.

This is horrible to say but I think I will start cussing if I see blue skies anytime soon.

Old 10-09-2011, 04:13 PM

I think all of Texas is just having a really weird summer weather wise. Maybe the Fall season will bring some much needed relief to all areas. It will take much longer though for all the parks and forests to recover. For some stupid reason I always think stuff like this shouldn't happen in the 21st century. Then I realize there is only so much man can really do.....even though so many think they have genius capabilities.

12 hours of rain???? NO...it has been monsoon weather since early Friday morning. This is the THIRD day of it. Right this second it isn't raining, but the wind is blowing and the skies are gray. I don't really care personally, I just feel bad for people who have to go thru flooding problems. (....and it messing up our Epcot plans....)

Old 10-09-2011, 04:46 PM

15,632 posts, read 24,296,296 times
Glorious rain here! It's been drizzling for hours --, not really raining but I'll take whatever I can get. And the temp is an awesome 68 degrees (30 degrees cooler than yesterday). I tried to open the doors and windows but the drizzle came in.

This reminds me of Seattle, where it drizzled every day from September through April. The kids would go out to play in it without complaining at all -- and I walked to the bus stop in it every day without even using an umbrella. I loved living in West Seattle so much and would go back there in a heartbeat (if I could afford it)!

Old 10-09-2011, 06:24 PM

12,114 posts, read 14,900,564 times
We go out of town for the weekend and it rains about 4 inches!!!!!

Looks like a tornado hit too. The news shows a post office and the trucks were thrown around like toys. Cars on roof tops and dumpsters thrown around.

Old 10-09-2011, 06:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camper1 View Post

Looks like a tornado hit too. The news shows a post office and the trucks were thrown around like toys. Cars on roof tops and dumpsters thrown around.
I can't top that one........but TFW DID finally get her Second Star!

http://www.city-data.com/forum/commu...l#post21217228

Old 10-09-2011, 06:37 PM

We've been buying on 1saleaday for the FLASH SALE they were having today. The items were not only marked down, but some came without any S & H charges. The item changes every 30 minutes. I want to thank DarkoftheMoon for starting the thread....but I would have more money if it were NOT started.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Deals, Coupons, Free Stuff