Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Deals, Coupons, Free Stuff
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-03-2011, 05:34 PM

4,023 posts, read 5,526,489 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GloryB View Post
GOOD HAPPY THURSDAY MORNING! (One more day till payday!!!)
Years ago, there was one on the way to the neighborhood where we lived in the first house we owned.....but it was painted 'Air Mail'.

We got close to another foot on Tuesday night...this storm had wind with it, so the snow came up to the doors, (maybe that part is called mini-snow-drifts, beats me), but not a ton..the flakes weren't as big as the other storm but they were still big....it was clear and sunny all day yesterday and a lot of it melted.....but because it WAS clear, it meant for a cold night (when I finally went to bed at 3:30 it was 17 degrees outside and it probably went a bit lower before sunrise), and there was some ice this morning.....I don't care.....I'm inside most of the time....but I have noticed that the garage is getting colder and colder, even with the doors down......so far, the lowest is 40 degrees. The roads are dry today and it's mostly on the grassy areas...

I love to go out and scrap the soft snow up and eat it......Mother Nature's Shave Ice....the dog loves it, too.

His coat is so thick.....he goes out and lays in it and it's hard to get him back into the house..... He's also been a holy terror lately.....he is tearing out all the malibu types of lights that are buried in the snow..just rips them out and dismantles them....those expensive ones that need the sun to rev them up....(I don't understand that because they have batteries in them..maybe the sun energizes the batteries).....my husband is not a happy camper right now since he is the one who spent big bucks over the summer and put them down into the ground. He also tore out huge chunks of grass again, so right before it snowed, I went out and sprayed the area with hot chili water that I made recently....I've tried everything else.....now I am going to give him jalapeno mouth. 2 weeks ago I went downstairs and he was happily munching on an end of an oriental rug that I've had for over 35 years...ate a corner of it off...grrrrrr! He also pooped 2 times in the house because he doesn't want to go on the snow....this is AFTER we stood outside in the freezing cold and let him romp around for 30 minutes..

I'd throw him off a cliff but at 8 months, he's 100 lbs. and I can't lift him. He is a beautiful dog, you can't be mad at him for long, but I am still mad! He's quite comical at times...he talks to me and I call him Scooby. If I sit on the sofa he tries to come up and get his share of whatever I am munching on..if I put a pillow in front of my face he gets down and tries to crawl under our legs so that he can get around the pillow.....he thinks he's a lap dog. I'll be glad when he's out of the puppy phase...I don't know if we will live to tell about it though...he destroys the toughest of toys...the little cuss is STRONG! If you play with him for awhile, he gets worn out and needs a nap, but if he is taken into the mountains on a hike, he can go for hours.... He's not hyper like a little dog.....he's extremely smart......but he is also head strong......and when he does something wrong, I say, 'he's not my dog', which is true! I love him to pieces, but I'm not an animal person. He sheds 24/7, so I vacuum every day.....

His breed can be mistaken for a wolf if their ears go up.....his haven't and I dont' care if they do or not because he's cute the way he is.......he is not a fast runner, but boy, he can lope (sp) across the yard in just a few seconds, just like a wolf.....it's unbelievable......

I've been a bit under the weather for the past couple of days so I've been in a flannel gown and have been taking it slow......this is unusual for me. I probably picked up a few germs in Wally or somewhere....I get those wipees and always wash down the shopping card so that helps some....and then taking a long walk in the cold wind probably topped it off....

I got a flu shot a week or two ago.......the nurse told me that it takes 2 weeks to take effect......I've never heard that before.

The sun is kinda close to setting and it is so pretty on the snow......the colors are orange/blue-gray/white....kind of like the colors in a jigsaw puzzle when you see snow in the mountains....lots of shadows from the trees...

Does anybody know when the time is going to change? Doesn't it usually change in October?

Hope everybody is staying dry and well.....

Old 11-03-2011, 05:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasfirewheel View Post
I was looking through some newspaper articles about my younger daughter when she was serving in Iraq and hope you dont mind if I post a couple of photos from that article.

I think I've mentioned that she's a Physician's Assistant (PA). When she wasnt out on patrol in Iraq, she treated both US army personnel and Iraqi citizens. She said that, without the American doctors and PA's there, most Iraqis would never have gotten any medical treatment.

Here's a photo of a typical day's line of Iraqi citizens waiting to see the 3 doctors/PA's. There were 320 Iraqis in line that day:

Here she is treating an Iraqi family:

And here she was on patrol, making friends with the Iraqi villagers. She's the one on the far right, hidden underneath the helmet/sunglasses and protective gear:

She's pretty much recovered from the physical injuries she sustained in the IED blast. I dont know if the psychological wounds will ever heal totally but she's doing better.
You must be very proud of her and I'm so glad she has survived..... Where were the injuries? How long ago? You must have been out of your mind with worry.....

Old 11-03-2011, 05:43 PM

P.S. Our pal and family got back from Honolulu and he is back in the hospice. He will get to have a few day passes as long as he is able. He thinks clearly at times and at other times, not. He is still coherent enough to be worrying about his wife and son when he is gone---who will take care of them, etc. She is going to have to sell the house asap. She works at a private school but doesn't make very much money. CA. is a very expensive state, especially S. CA. near the ocean.....we don't miss that part...$$$. Being far away sure is hard on us......we are thicker than thieves.....sigh...

Old 11-04-2011, 05:24 AM

15,891 posts, read 18,315,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wurzig View Post
P.S. Our pal and family got back from Honolulu and he is back in the hospice. He will get to have a few day passes as long as he is able. He thinks clearly at times and at other times, not. He is still coherent enough to be worrying about his wife and son when he is gone---who will take care of them, etc. She is going to have to sell the house asap. She works at a private school but doesn't make very much money. CA. is a very expensive state, especially S. CA. near the ocean.....we don't miss that part...$$$. Being far away sure is hard on us......we are thicker than thieves.....sigh...
I'm so glad he was able to make that trip to Oahu.

Old 11-04-2011, 07:12 AM

43,854 posts, read 51,165,026 times
You have more patience than I do Wurzig. I hate doing the whole puppy training thing. When the kids were young we always had a dog/cat or both. My favorite dog is an English Bulldog, but I don't want to deal with the whole chewing/house training. It's just too annoying.

I'm glad things are going well for you though and that you like Colorado. I really thought coming from SoCal you would have a harder time adjusting to all the snow and such.

Old 11-04-2011, 07:13 AM

12,114 posts, read 14,996,362 times
it's 27 here!!!!! I'm telling you guys. Texas is like men-o-pause.

Old 11-04-2011, 07:19 AM

GOOD MORNING TO EVERYONE!

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y56/ZootHouse/segments.jpg (broken link)

Old 11-04-2011, 07:45 AM

12,114 posts, read 14,996,362 times
Morning!!!!!

Old 11-04-2011, 11:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camper1 View Post
it's 27 here!!!!! I'm telling you guys. Texas is like men-o-pause.
First they try to drought you out....and now they are trying to freeze you out. No wonder people in Texas need their beer.

Old 11-04-2011, 11:11 AM

The Friday MAILBOX OF THE WEEK:

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y56/ZootHouse/funny_mailbox_15.jpg (broken link)

Since it was Halloween this past week............

Thought I would try to find a fun one each week.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Deals, Coupons, Free Stuff