Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Deals, Coupons, Free Stuff
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-03-2012, 07:41 PM

4,023 posts, read 5,525,022 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GloryB View Post
...and it only took you FIVE YEARS to figure it out! We are all impressed.
Oh my, I had better look to see when I joined 'cuz I still can't do it!

I scan twice a day, but I'll do it again in a few.....thanks for the heads up, tfw. Hope you feel better, too......

It's been snowing off and on for the last 24 or so......we aren't getting as much as Denver, but we are getting it......I shoveled the driveway and patio today......the wind makes ripples in the snow, (if the snow isn't too deep yet), and then it turns icy.... Over 600 flights have been cancelled at DIA.........

A couple of days ago we took a walk around the lake......and the wind had made tiny ripples in the ice on the top of the water, too......interesting to see...... At other times the ice is very smooth....

It's been a bad day.......we lost our pal around 11:00. We don't have plans to get to CA., yet......she needs to set a date for the memorial...... Their house is in escrow, so I might be helping her pack, I dunno... 37 years, thicker than thieves......with terminal cancer, you know it's coming, but it doesn't make it any easier. It didn't when we lost dad either.....his birthday was 2/1.......

Old 02-03-2012, 07:53 PM

4,023 posts, read 5,525,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texasfirewheel View Post
I'm still feeling terrible with this coughing/hacking/congestion/etc. I need to go to the doctor but am not well enough to drive and then walk from the parking lot to his office. I'm taking some OTC stuff I had already and keep hoping it will eventually go away.

I ordered a new dog food for Queenie. It's made by Paul Newman and is all organic. But it was apparently too rich for her.

Last night she kept whining and nudging me to let her outside every 15 minutes. I didnt realize that she was having diarrhea in the yard -- I thought she was just going outside because she was bored. And I wasnt feeling well enough to keep getting up, so I finally told her to just lie down and be quiet.

Well, you know what I found when I finally got up today...watery diarrhea all over the living room and kitchen. Poor Queenie. I couldnt be mad at her. I gave her some Immodium and propped the back door open for her.

So she and I are both in our beds, feeling miserable today.
We currently have the opposite problem at our house.......he'd had 2 beef bones lately, (very, very unusual), and 1 pig skin roll, and unbeknownst to me, both of us let him have too much cheese, (he is such a beggar), and I am kicking myself in the butt for letting him have it, especially the pig roll....(and he had a dried pig ear, too)......so for the last two days, it's pumpkin, applesauce, no cheese, sprinkling benefiber on stuff, and I even let him have bacon, hoping the grease would help him.....and I just gave him a graham cracker, too. We might have to go to the vet tomorrow.....grrrrr.

He cried out several times during the night......when he does this, I need to immediately wake up, put on sweats, jacket, hat, umbrella to shield from wind and snow, something on my feet, gloves if I can remember......and go out there to see if he can go...... My husband can't hear him cry out.......only me......

At least it is warm enough so you can open your doors and let the stinkiness out, so that part is good... All this when you feel like crap and have no help, tfw.......I'm sorry.

Old 02-03-2012, 09:33 PM

43,854 posts, read 51,154,207 times
Always good to see you Wurzig, I'm really sorry about your friend. Will you be making a trip to CA?

I have a friend who just started radiation and chemo for the third time in 3.5 years. It is so hard
knowing how much they have to go through both physically and emotionally. Makes me feel silly
for whining over stupid crap like a flat tire or something.

Old 02-03-2012, 09:35 PM

It's late and time for bed. I got some stuff posted so there wasn't such a lag in tomorrow. I'm not sure how long I'll be working in the morning or what I'll be doing in the afternoon. I hope everyone has a fantastic weekend.

FEEL BETTER SOON TFW!!!!

Old 02-03-2012, 10:47 PM

15,632 posts, read 24,416,751 times
So sorry about your friend, Wurzig. I wish I had some magic words to make you feel better.

And sorry about your dog's problem. I dont know which problem is worse. I'm still having to give Queenie Imodium. She doesnt have diarrhea any longer but she has very loose stools and has to "go" right after she eats -- which isnt often, as she still doesnt want to eat much.

Old 02-03-2012, 11:52 PM

2,002 posts, read 4,582,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texasfirewheel View Post
I'd like to check my credit card accounts but am afraid to do it for fear of giving a Trojan those passwords (if they dont already have them).
I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble. Can't you call your credit card companies instead of checking online?

Old 02-04-2012, 12:08 AM

15,632 posts, read 24,416,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DFWgal View Post
I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble. Can't you call your credit card companies instead of checking online?

That's great idea, DFW. I'll do that. My concern is that a Trojan might still be there, hidden from Malwarebytes and Kaspersky, or that another Trojan could be dropped on me tomorrow.

I never, ever click on email links and am so careful about surfing the web. Too, I havent been on the computer much because of my illness. So I dont know how I'd have gotten the Trojans (I actually got two of the same one, an hour apart, in different drives).

I'm wondering if it's possible for a computer-savvy guy to drop a Trojan on my computer if he has my IP address. There's a computer guy who's upset with me because I complained about some content on his website. My complaint was filed Friday morning and I got two the Trojans Friday afternoon. Could that be just a coincidence?

Old 02-04-2012, 08:15 AM

15,891 posts, read 18,312,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wurzig View Post
Oh my, I had better look to see when I joined 'cuz I still can't do it!

I scan twice a day, but I'll do it again in a few.....thanks for the heads up, tfw. Hope you feel better, too......

It's been snowing off and on for the last 24 or so......we aren't getting as much as Denver, but we are getting it......I shoveled the driveway and patio today......the wind makes ripples in the snow, (if the snow isn't too deep yet), and then it turns icy.... Over 600 flights have been cancelled at DIA.........

A couple of days ago we took a walk around the lake......and the wind had made tiny ripples in the ice on the top of the water, too......interesting to see...... At other times the ice is very smooth....

It's been a bad day.......we lost our pal around 11:00. We don't have plans to get to CA., yet......she needs to set a date for the memorial...... Their house is in escrow, so I might be helping her pack, I dunno... 37 years, thicker than thieves......with terminal cancer, you know it's coming, but it doesn't make it any easier. It didn't when we lost dad either.....his birthday was 2/1.......
I'm so sorry to hear about your friend, Wurzig. I know y'all knew it was coming but that does not make the loss any easier.

Old 02-05-2012, 08:10 AM

TFW...I don't know what programs you have on your computer, but some are quite essential. Here is an easy to follow video on how to get rid of a trojan virus.....without it costing you anything.

How to Remove a Virus, Malware, Trojans and hacks from your PC Part 1 - YouTube

Without doubt, you also need this:
CCleaner - Optimization and Cleaning - Free Download
Actually, EVERYONE should have this. It is the first thing every computer tech will tell you. It is free. I use it 3-4 times a day, depending on how much surfing I am doing, to keep my computer clean and fast. You also want to use it every single time you download anything. Just keeps stuff in order.

You can also ask any questions over in the computer section of CD. I've gotten great help in their in the past.

For around $40, you can take your computer in and have it done for you.

Old 02-05-2012, 08:14 AM

HAPPY SUNDAY!

I took the whole day off from CD yesterday. After I got home mid afternoon, I decided to do some reading about the Scottish Covenanters....and I kept running into all this interesting stuff. Then I took Izzy to McDonalds, then watched a movie.

I guess today is the big super bowl event. I hope everyone enjoys their weekend....football or not.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Deals, Coupons, Free Stuff