Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Deals, Coupons, Free Stuff
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-08-2012, 02:06 AM

4,023 posts, read 5,525,022 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by msev View Post
Haven't been to Ft Collins yet since im new to Colorado. Have been here for around 6 months. Will definitely visit some day
From where did you move?

Old 03-08-2012, 02:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starr.R View Post
Thanks, my friend. I have sooo many acc't all over the place, I can't even keep up w/ them. So I may do Photobucket, but it's way down on my to-do list. But thanks for helping!

I'm supposed to be shopping for a new washer right now, and I keep putting it off. I've found sites that give free shipping...cuz otherwise, it'd be crazy expensive. But the problem is comparison shopping, so I just keep putting it off. .... as the laundry pile gets higher.... *sigh*
It seems like the world stands still when a washer or dryer breaks......especially a washer......been there and done that a few times over the years....... They are made so cheaply nowadays.....one time a washer guy came out to fix it and he said to go buy a new one instead......sigh.

Old 03-08-2012, 03:11 AM

15,632 posts, read 24,416,751 times
I agree about how cheaply washers are made nowadays. I remember buying washers and having them last for 20 years or more.

In 2007 I bought an expensive LG front-loader washer and dryer. The dryer has been ok but the washer had to be repaired three times, under warranty, in the first two years.

One of those times the computer went out and it took four weeks to get in the parts (because LG doesnt allow companies to stock its parts). At the time I had an old, old dog who was incontinent and I used many thick throw rugs all over the house. Imagine being without a washer for a month and having to haul all those thick rugs to the laundromat almost every night (after working 10-12 hours each day). Was I ever irritated at LG!

Old 03-08-2012, 09:09 AM

43,854 posts, read 51,154,207 times
HAPPY THURSDAY! Gosh, this week has gone by super fast!!!

Now we know why Starr hasn't had much time to post..........
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y56/ZootHouse/washer.jpg (broken link)

Old 03-08-2012, 09:28 AM

400 posts, read 497,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wurzig View Post
From where did you move?
I moved (immigrated) from the Philippines

Old 03-09-2012, 11:21 AM

43,854 posts, read 51,154,207 times
Happy Friday!!

I feel like such a jerk. I said something negative about a site that Bob posted and the owner
of the site saw it. I just hate hurting anyone's feelings. Sometimes we post while forgetting their are real people on the other end of things. I will go repent.....and then send a note of apology.

Hey Starr....tomorrow (Saturday) Sears is having a BIG sale on wash machines & dryers. Thought you might want to check it out.

I've tried to keep up with posting even though it has been really busy at work this week. I like busy because it means more money, but I sure end up getting behind on here.

Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!!

Old 03-09-2012, 11:39 AM

15,632 posts, read 24,416,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GloryB View Post
I feel like such a jerk. I said something negative about a site that Bob posted and the owner of the site saw it. I just hate hurting anyone's feelings. Sometimes we post while forgetting their are real people on the other end of things. I will go repent.....and then send a note of apology.

Surely that wasnt the revived Smashing Resumes thread? I didnt think you were diss-ing Smashing Resumes. I interpreted your comment as complaining about how colleges offer some fairly dumb courses. And I didnt think the gal from Smashing Resumes took offense at your comment either.

If that woman who suggested that you get $5 from each freebie site ever sees the Smashing Resumes gal's post, offering you, and especially Bob, thank-you gifts, she'll be accusing both of you of getting kickbacks.

Old 03-09-2012, 02:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by msev View Post
I moved (immigrated) from the Philippines
Was it a job transfer? That's quite a hop, skip and a.....

Old 03-09-2012, 03:28 PM

400 posts, read 497,940 times
Quote:
Was it a job transfer? That's quite a hop, skip and a.....
No, my mom is a US Citizen and she petitioned me 16 years ago

Old 03-09-2012, 03:32 PM

2,164 posts, read 1,651,414 times
Quote:
They are made so cheaply nowadays.....one time a washer guy came out to fix it and he said to go buy a new one instead......sigh.
What I did was take off the front panel and take that to an appliance repair shop. He took one look and said it'd be cheaper to buy a new one. And he didn't even charge me! Over the phone, he'd said it would be $25 to diagnose, so I was glad abt that.

Quote:
Now we know why Starr hasn't had much time to post......
LOL Yep, that's me, hat 'n' all.

Quote:
Hey Starr....tomorrow (Saturday) Sears is having a BIG sale on wash machines & dryers. Thought you might want to check it out.
I will, thanks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Deals, Coupons, Free Stuff