Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Deals, Coupons, Free Stuff
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-13-2010, 10:57 PM

4,023 posts, read 5,488,863 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GloryB View Post
I hope you read how worried we were about you!! You can always share how you feel, good or bad......that is what friends are for!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We had a great day at Sea World. It was SUPER hot, but not many people at all. We were able to take rides over and over without having to wait in line.

Kid you not....I was stupid enough to let my son talk me into taking the Mantra ride. You lay face down, so I figured it wouldn't be too bad. I had to watch this video I found online since I spent MY EXPERIENCE with my eyes closed! I also didn't know the ride shot water up at you...I thought someone had peed on me.

YouTube - Manta Point of View (POV) at SeaWorld Orlando

We also sprung for the $29 a day meal deal where you could eat and drink as much as you wanted to. We MORE than got our money worth. We had ribs, roast beef, cake, pie, fruit and drinks all die. Luckily I ate the bulk of this AFTER this ride.
IT LOOKS LIKE FUN TO ME! I would have done it more than once if the lines weren't too long. But don't ever walk under that ride.......I imagine there is a lot of vomit on the ground.....

I can handle roller coaster types-of-rides. And I love the Tower of Terror at Disney. I can NOT handle round and round rides anymore....you know, like the Mad Tea Cup Party at Disney...

Food is so expensive at those joints. $29.00 probably seemed like a lot when you paid for it, but it looks like it paid for itself in the end! Am glad you had a good day!

Old 09-14-2010, 08:25 AM

43,854 posts, read 50,875,005 times
Yes Wurzig, we were talking about how cool it would be if Disney also had a daily food price you could pay up front. No matter how tight you set your budget, for some reason you go to a theme park and end up eating all this stuff that is seriously over-priced.

I can do any ride that doesn't jar my back. I do have to avoid most roller coasters.

Do you guys ever wake up and the day feels boring? I just feel blah today. I'm not happy, not sad, I'm just here. I'm trying to figure out how much coffee it will take to snap out of it.

Old 09-14-2010, 08:41 AM

15,893 posts, read 18,213,222 times
Quote:
Do you guys ever wake up and the day feels boring? I just feel blah today. I'm not happy, not sad, I'm just here. I'm trying to figure out how much coffee it will take to snap out of it.
I feel that way the day after a truly exceptional day. I think it is the body's reaction to losing the endorphins from all the fun the day before.

Old 09-14-2010, 09:25 AM

12,114 posts, read 14,892,623 times
Quote:
Yes Wurzig, we were talking about how cool it would be if Disney also had a daily food price you could pay up front. No matter how tight you set your budget, for some reason you go to a theme park and end up eating all this stuff that is seriously over-priced.

I can do any ride that doesn't jar my back. I do have to avoid most roller coasters.

Maybe this will help... I'm glad your here!

Old 09-14-2010, 09:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketabcha View Post
I feel that way the day after a truly exceptional day. I think it is the body's reaction to losing the endorphins from all the fun the day before.
I thought that was just old age.

Old 09-14-2010, 09:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketabcha View Post
Keta's got a point. I've been down for so long that a blah day would feel like elation to me!

Old 09-14-2010, 09:36 PM

Quote:

On that Mickey roller coaster ride at California Disney......Screamin' something.....it jerks very hard when you first take off.....I learned to brace myself hard against the seat at take-off.

My sister has a very bad back and can't do a lot of stuff in those parks.....got hurt at work and eventually had to have an operation about 20 years ago and she has a connecting thing that looks like a bow tie in her back now....titanium, I think.... One time, she got off a fun slide with her little ones at Legoland (or somewhere), and another kid slid right down into her back...that was the last time she did that....she was 100% not expecting it....

Truly, I have been in a state of limbo for such a long time that most days I feel nothing.....dull... Heck, I haven't even been ordering a lot of freebies lately and for ahwile, that was a lot of fun...

I hope TFW is okay...

Where is Gand? Is she on vacation?

Old 09-15-2010, 08:56 AM

Well wurzig....as a southerner says it 'You got to git to ordering!'.

I'm filling in for SCG who had some other business today. There seemed to be several really good freebies. I was happy to get the Christmas music download from the Rat Pack. You can pick which songs you want. You can also print the CD cover and make your own gifts. I have several friends who would like this.

I had a cool mailbox shaped like a bird pic....but it's just too big. I need to resize it first.

Here's a another cute mailbox pic....

Old 09-17-2010, 07:13 AM

Old 09-17-2010, 04:27 PM

I don't know if anyone has noticed or not but I don't seem to be on much since I got the lap top. Just dang hard to see it with my new glasses, have to hold it either half way cross the room or so close it's touching my nose. I don't see how people survive bifocals anyway ( )and it's hard to type.

I miss being on here so I think I will just return to the good old desk top every now and then.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Deals, Coupons, Free Stuff