Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Deals, Coupons, Free Stuff
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-22-2012, 08:00 AM

43,854 posts, read 51,184,922 times

Advertisements

Gotta love this one:

Old 05-22-2012, 08:56 AM

12,114 posts, read 15,002,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ketabcha View Post
i've been having trouble with my garage door opener for about 2 weeks. It goes up fine but when i try to close it it stops about 4" from the ground and starts back up.

So handylady ketabcha sprayed wd-40 all over the rails. That worked for one time. Then i tightened all the bolts. I have way too many sets of socket wrenches. It still would not work properly.

So the routine was:
Open the garage door
move the car out of the garage
walk back into the garage
close the garage door by hand
walk through the house
go out the front door and lock it.
Get in the car and take off.

Yes, i am horribly spoiled. I love my garage door opener.

Today i decided enough was enough and called my garage door man.
He came over, checked out the up and down motion and told me "this is the problem"

a leaf was stuck on the garage door and was hanging down below the bottom of the door. When the door was trying to close the leaf broke the power beam and sent it back up. He pulled off the leaf and the opener/door worked.

I tried to pay him. He drove 30 miles to get to my house but he refused payment. What a nice guy and boy am i embarrassed because, honestly, i can usually figure out and fix things like this on my own.
lmao!!!!!!

Old 05-22-2012, 08:59 AM

15,891 posts, read 18,325,155 times
My college pal, Donna, said she saw previews for the new Lone Ranger movie with Johnny Depp as Tonto.

Tonto rides around with a crow on his head. One of the last things I would pick to see is Johnny Depp with a crow on his head. Truly, he is gorgeous but please....the crow would be so distracting.

Anyway, I got to wondering if maybe Tonto was a Crow Indian. So, I started researching. Wikipedia is sicker than you-know-what. They claim that Tonto was a fictional character. Well, that just ain't right.

Next thing you know they will be claiming that Crusader Rabbit, Mighty Mouse, Beanie & Cecil, Bulwinkle and Rocky are also fictitious.

I'm writing my congressman about this....as soon as I find out who my congressman is.

Old 05-22-2012, 09:13 PM

Well, if ANYONE would look HOT with a bird on their head....I guess it could very well be Johnnie Depp. I think he's way too Emo personality wise for me to want to hang around with him, but he is still handsome on screen.

ketabcha, is your Kindle working well on the WiFi now? I always think about you when I post the free horror and science fiction Kindle books.

tfw...if you check in, please know that I care and hope all gets better for you soon.

Hope everyone enjoyed their day!!

Old 05-22-2012, 11:25 PM

15,891 posts, read 18,325,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GloryB View Post
Well, if ANYONE would look HOT with a bird on their head....I guess it could very well be Johnnie Depp. I think he's way too Emo personality wise for me to want to hang around with him, but he is still handsome on screen.

ketabcha, is your Kindle working well on the WiFi now? I always think about you when I post the free horror and science fiction Kindle books.

tfw...if you check in, please know that I care and hope all gets better for you soon.

Hope everyone enjoyed their day!!
Yes, Boris the Kindle is working very well. I just can't believe I love it so much. I'm now reading the classics. They are free. Can't beat that with a stick.

Old 05-23-2012, 01:22 AM

4,023 posts, read 5,529,294 times
I am glad it wasn't a serious problem, keta........there is this goop that I buy......it's better than the 40......it's for garage doors.....it's in a squeeze tube......been there and done that so many times.....

I hope your car continues to go on down that highway with no problems, gb.......hope everybody wore spf 30 on the outing...

I am trying to remember.......wasn't Mighty Mouse on a toothpaste commercial? Ipana or one of those oldies?

I love lighthouses......and I don't mind climbing all those spiral stairs....

It was hot in CO.......and tomorrow, maybe thunderstorms and later, rain.....

I cooked bacon out on the patio at sunset...thick, smoked applewood...I like to make the neighbors hungry.....didn't get to cook it all...got too dark out there..should have started earlier, but it was either too hot, too windy or I was busy doing other things.......I don't like the smell in the house, so I do it outside....... I cook a ton at a time and put it in a gallon ziploc......and then, when somebody wants a piece, they wrap it in a paper towel, microwave it for a few seconds and there you go!

I am doing too much........my lower back is telling me to take a break.....hobbling ain't my thang and I am doing too much of it..

Old 05-23-2012, 07:32 AM

Happy Wednesday!

wurzig.....great idea about the bacon. You should send the tip to Pam for the Tip of the Day. There are so many times I would like a couple of pieces, but don't want to take the time to fry for only me.
Of course, we are southern and actually LIKE the smell of it in the house.

Anyone have big plans this weekend?? I'm sure we will wait until last moment since any plans we make will change 3 times before we actually do it anyway.

Don't forget today is free slushy day at 7-11. They are showing off their new sugar free mango...but you can put any flavor in your cup.

Old 05-23-2012, 08:17 AM

12,114 posts, read 15,002,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GloryB View Post
Happy Wednesday!

wurzig.....great idea about the bacon. You should send the tip to Pam for the Tip of the Day. There are so many times I would like a couple of pieces, but don't want to take the time to fry for only me.
Of course, we are southern and actually LIKE the smell of it in the house.

Anyone have big plans this weekend?? I'm sure we will wait until last moment since any plans we make will change 3 times before we actually do it anyway.

Don't forget today is free slushy day at 7-11. They are showing off their new sugar free mango...but you can put any flavor in your cup.

Try it on the grill if you like really crisp, which I do. Someones always cooing bacon in the camp grounds.
We also do a pound at a time and keep it in the bag. Makes it easy to grab a piece to throw in with somehting your cooking too.

You guys know what I'm doing....

Old 05-24-2012, 12:38 AM

4,023 posts, read 5,529,294 times
Cooked more bacon this morning.........before the weather changed....... 4 lbs. did not produce that much grease......and boy, it was so meaty......it was about the best I have ever cooked........

We had record-breaking temps yesterday and today, it dropped 40 degrees and we got some rain.....good for the garden! It'll be pretty warm over the weekend.......

I didn't do a lot today.......lower back is not good......I need to slow down.......I ain't 25 anymore......sigh...

I love my new purse but it is so heavy at times.........I wonder if those shoulder purses really take pressure off your back......you know, they kinda look like giant bota bags........

Old 05-24-2012, 06:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camper1 View Post
You guys know what I'm doing....
Hope you left Mr C with a smile on his face.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Deals, Coupons, Free Stuff