Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Deals, Coupons, Free Stuff
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-25-2010, 04:33 PM

4,023 posts, read 5,529,294 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camper1 View Post
I just read that... have no idea what I meant.
Blame it on the drugs.....even if you aren't taking any, we won't know, so blame it on the drugs.....

I wonder why my smiley didn't work when I wrote under Gand's post.....so strange......

Old 06-25-2010, 05:02 PM

8,091 posts, read 15,435,320 times
Quote:

Her bits and bytes look wonderful in the data stream

Old 06-25-2010, 05:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wurzig View Post

I wonder why my smiley didn't work when I wrote under Gand's post.....so strange......
When you do multiples, *I think* you have to leave a space between each one?

(Watchin' free HBO, thanks to this Forum!! Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Concert!!!!)

Old 06-25-2010, 05:34 PM

2,480 posts, read 5,320,642 times
Wow-you guys are soo great! Always love the banter!
TFW-so glad you're back-how are you feeling?

Wurzig-please tell me how close are you to the ocean? I miss the beach!
I'm sure I will be envious! When we were in NY-the bay was 10 minutes-the ocean was 20 minutes.
Now out here in the God forsaken Midwest-(sorry for any one in the midwest-we are east coast people) we miss the beach!

Old 06-25-2010, 07:40 PM

43,854 posts, read 51,184,922 times
Quote:
I'll trade you MY medicine cabinet for YOURS!

Today was just a great big sucky day!! They decided not to pay us for the time missed from work because their dilapidated building caught fire. I went to the head of our department who told me they were looking at it like a 'hurricane' situation and they would provide a way for people to make up their hours.

This is fine for me, but it isn't fine for people with kids, or are in college, or any other number of reasons why they can't work the kind of extra hours I can. It's just mean and greedy.

I'll take it further up the executive chain because if there is one thing I can't stand....it is total unfairness in the work place. There has got to be a law somewhere to protect these people. I'll be just fine.....but they won't be.

OK...end of rant.

Old 06-25-2010, 07:44 PM

12,114 posts, read 15,002,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GloryB View Post

Today was just a great big sucky day!! They decided not to pay us for the time missed from work because their dilapidated building caught fire. I went to the head of our department who told me they were looking at it like a 'hurricane' situation and they would provide a way for people to make up their hours.

This is fine for me, but it isn't fine for people with kids, or are in college, or any other number of reasons why they can't work the kind of extra hours I can. It's just mean and greedy.

I'll take it further up the executive chain because if there is one thing I can't stand....it is total unfairness in the work place. There has got to be a law somewhere to protect these people. I'll be just fine.....but they won't be.

OK...end of rant.
Rant on. Fair is fair. I'd stand next to you but I really don't think they would know who I am.

Old 06-25-2010, 07:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gandalara View Post
When you do multiples, *I think* you have to leave a space between each one?

(Watchin' free HBO, thanks to this Forum!! Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Concert!!!!)

test, test:

okay, let's see if the aforementioned come out.....no spaces were included in this test......

the previous have spaces.....

Old 06-25-2010, 07:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKVA View Post
Wow-you guys are soo great! Always love the banter!
TFW-so glad you're back-how are you feeling?

Wurzig-please tell me how close are you to the ocean? I miss the beach!
I'm sure I will be envious! When we were in NY-the bay was 10 minutes-the ocean was 20 minutes.
Now out here in the God forsaken Midwest-(sorry for any one in the midwest-we are east coast people) we miss the beach!
I see it from my house. I am about 5 minutes away, but only because there are so many stop lights... We get a nice breeze every afternoon......sailing weather.

Old 06-25-2010, 08:32 PM

Quote:

OK...end of rant.
That totally HOOVERS!!
I would think the insurance company would cover it - cost/loss of business or something.

You could call the TV station anonymously and let them know how the employees are being treated ...

Old 06-25-2010, 10:53 PM

Quote:

OK...end of rant.
Maybe you could call a local tv station and tell them all about it????
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Deals, Coupons, Free Stuff