Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Deals, Coupons, Free Stuff
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-10-2012, 10:42 PM

15,893 posts, read 18,220,967 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasfirewheel View Post
Sigh. My 98-year-old mother passed away on Friday. She went very peacefully -- she just stopped breathing She'd had dementia for @ 20 years so it was a blessing that she no longer has to endure what had to be a horrible existence (especially for the time that she was aware of what was happening to her mind). I always thought I'd be so grateful when she was released from this world but I now find myself so very sad --and I'm not sure why.
I'm so sorry, TFW. I'm glad that you had her as long as you did.

Old 12-11-2012, 01:07 PM

4,023 posts, read 5,491,859 times
Quote:
Sigh. My 98-year-old mother passed away on Friday. She went very peacefully -- she just stopped breathing She'd had dementia for @ 20 years so it was a blessing that she no longer has to endure what had to be a horrible existence (especially for the time that she was aware of what was happening to her mind). I always thought I'd be so grateful when she was released from this world but I now find myself so very sad --and I'm not sure why.
You are right, tfw, it's a mixed blessing when they have an illness, any kind of illness, but it's understandable that you are sad.....it's always sad to lose a loved one, especially a parent. And I can tell you from experience that it's doubly hard at holiday time. Your December will never be the same.

My girl is 23 today, December 11. At the time that I write this, she was just an hour old. My dad died very early morning on the 13th, 2003. I was so grateful that he didn't die on her birhtday. Our house was heavily burglarized on New Year's Eve, 2003. Except for my girl's birthday, December is not a good month for me.

I lost a very good friend on December 13, two years after Dad died. And 2 years ago, my very good friend lost her mom this week, too.

My thoughts are with you during this sad time.

Old 12-11-2012, 01:10 PM

4,023 posts, read 5,491,859 times
Quote:
Wurzig, I'm so sorry about your torn neck nerve. I pray that it will heal and you wont have any lingering aftereffects.
Thanks, tfw. Time will tell and I can only hope for the best.

Old 12-11-2012, 07:49 PM

12,114 posts, read 14,900,564 times
Quote:
I'm so sorry. (((xx))) It just seams to leave a hole in your heart doesn't it. : ( My mom and I had a falling out a few years back and hadn't recovered from it when she passed, but I miss her more and more every day. I would give anything to have the last 6 months back. I find myself thing of things I hadn't thought of in years. It seems to get harder rather than easier.

Old 12-20-2012, 01:07 PM

15,632 posts, read 24,296,296 times
Thanks so much, everyone. Camper, I've had a very fragile relationship with one of my daughters for many years. I wish there were some way to go back in time to when she didnt hate everyone in the family (even people who hadnt yet been born 20 years ago). I fear that, when I die, she'll regret being so alienated but then it will be too late.

Old 12-20-2012, 02:16 PM

Quote:
Thanks so much, everyone. Camper, I've had a very fragile relationship with one of my daughters for many years. I wish there were some way to go back in time to when she didnt hate everyone in the family (even people who hadnt yet been born 20 years ago). I fear that, when I die, she'll regret being so alienated but then it will be too late.
She will.

I told myself that I had settled things in my heart and had come to terms with the fact that I would never see my mother again and I was fine with it.

I was wrong.

The thing that brings me the most comfort during the day is one of those silly bird clocks. It hung in her kitchen and every time it goes off I hear the faint song of different birds and it bring tears to my eyes. Evey hour of every day...but it also brings me comfort to think she heard it also. <3

Old 12-23-2012, 12:12 PM

15,632 posts, read 24,296,296 times
Happy Christmas Eve Eve, everyone.

I wonder if Glory ever checks in here to see how everyone is doing. If so, I hope she knows she's thought of and is having a nice holiday.

Old 12-23-2012, 01:45 PM

ha ! You beat me to it!! Happy Christmas Eve Eve to you and everyone!! I love Eve Eve day, the anticipation is everywhere!!

I was thing about GloryB this morning too. Wondering if she was with her grandson and what they were doing.

We miss you Gloryb... May you be safe, healthy and happy.

Merry Christmas everyone.

Old 12-25-2012, 06:44 AM

22,184 posts, read 14,672,867 times
Merry Christmas everybody!!

Old 12-25-2012, 11:08 PM

12,981 posts, read 14,484,351 times
Merry Christmas, bob and everyone!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Deals, Coupons, Free Stuff