Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Deals, Coupons, Free Stuff
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-05-2011, 08:49 PM

4,023 posts, read 5,525,022 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasfirewheel View Post
Thanks, Camper. I've even doubled all my blood pressure meds the past couple of weeks because the b/p has been so high.

My b/p was "only" 206/114 the day I had my stroke five years ago so I was a little nervous when I saw this morning's reading. I'm in so much pain today that all I can do is stay in bed -- so that may keep the b/p down better.
Do you think the heat is affecting your b/p? Sodium can raise it, (b/p, not heat....LOL), and with heat, we sweat a lot and salt comes out, so maybe something is off balance with your electrolites or something......

Old 09-05-2011, 08:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasfirewheel View Post
Well, duh. It just dawned on me why I'm in such agony -- and why the prednisone and Tramadol arent working. I'll bet I'm having the grandmother of all gout attacks -- in several joints in both feet.

I havent had a bad attack in a few months and thought this pain was just same-ole-same-ole. So I started taking the gout med. If it is gout, the pain should subside by Monday. Keep your fingers crossed.

Starr, Tramadol is a great pain reliever for moderate to moderately severe pain. My surgeons often prescribe it for after-surgery pain. It worked well for my foot surgery and gall bladder surgery -- and it's awesome for my arthritis -- but it doesnt help my gout attacks (probably because the pain there is caused by needle-like uric acid crystals in the joints). I think that "Tramadol" is the generic for "Ultram".

And one other thing...the med I take when I get a gout attack is colchcine. It works well and has always been very inexpensive: $5.00 total for @ 60 tablets. However, the makers of a brand name gout drug called Colcrys sued to have colchicine taken off the shelves here in the US. The pharmacist told me they did that so Colcrys, which costs $5.00 per pill, would be the only gout medicine available.

So I had my doc write a prescription for colchicine and I emailed it to Canadadrugs.com, where i was able to buy it for 75 cents a pill.... a lot more than what I was paying but a lot less than $5.00 per pill. I understand that pharmaceutical companies need to make profits too but it's so irritating...

Edited to correct "So I had my dog write a prescription" . LOL!!!
tfw, have you ever tried cherry concentrate when you have had a gout attack? (maybe I asked you this before, I dunno)...

Old 09-05-2011, 08:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyworld View Post
Hey Glory...I have that esopageal (sp) reflux and have had it for years. I actually got tired of taking my meds which were not helping. I got me a couple of bottle which are really cheap of Bragg's apple cider vinegar. It is raw unfiltered vinegar and I take 1 tsp twice a day and mix it in a little grape juice and I noticed the difference in three days. I have not taken my stomach meds in almost three months and it has made a huge difference. I have also taken myself off of my blood pressure meds as well as my 72.00 asthma maintenance inhaler. Hopefully I made the right decision. I hate the list of side effects.
The apple cider vinegar is 3.00 a bottle and you can get it in the organic section of a supermarket or health food store. That stuff is fantastic.
I had a lot of damage in my throat from the acid and I can feel the difference.
Sometimes home remedies are the best.

Not to totally change things, but the other day I read about vinegar.....I knew a lot of it already, but I am going to put some in a bottle and go spritz it on some weeds......supposed to kill them.....maybe the acid content, I dunno.

Old 09-05-2011, 09:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyworld View Post
Camper it can't hurt to try this stuff. If you go to www.bragg.com it tells you all about it and the many uses. It actually helps with weight loss too.
I got so tired of fighting with BC/BS to renew my stomach meds and by the time you got approval it was too late and I would be in a full blown attack. Not to mention the cost of the drugs.
This really helps. I would never recommend something I myself haven't tried. I have the reflux so severe that everything washes up and burns my throat while I sleep. Never once has this happened with this stuff.
Thanks for this, I checked it out and even ordered a freebie.......but it wasn't for the apple cider vinegar.....

I think I took some apple cider pills to try to lose weight one time......they didn't work.

I think if you use an extra pillow it doesn't creep up as much as when you lie flat, right?

Old 09-05-2011, 09:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JL View Post
Has anyone tried the printapon? Any issues? Thanks.

Printapons - Official Website for Printable Coupons
Thanks for sharing. It looks like it has gathered a few good ones......

Old 09-05-2011, 09:07 PM

Quote:
Did anyone get in on this deal a week ago at Best Buy or HP online? If so, how many were you limited to? I've been hearing that some people bought 4-5 of them. I thought there was a limit of one per person. In any event, i missed out on it.

HP - TouchPad Tablet with 16GB Memory - Black - FB355UA#ABA

HP - TouchPad Tablet with 32GB Memory - Black - FB359UA#ABA (http://www.bestbuy.com/site/HP+-+TouchPad+Tablet+with+32GB+Memory+-+Black/2842092.p?id=1218358272750&skuId=2842092&st=hp%20w i-fi%20touchpad&cp=1&lp=2 - broken link)
If anybody did, it'll be GB.......but I think she got a free printer somewhere......

Old 09-06-2011, 07:52 AM

43,854 posts, read 51,154,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobrainman View Post
Hi all.
My computer craped out and I lost all my favorites and everything else
Will take me a while get back online
Oh NO...say it ain't so!

I lost my favorites earlier this year or maybe it was last year....what a pain. Let me know if I can be of any assistance for freebie links. I see you are posting, so I guess you at least have it running properly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wurzig View Post
It's not called stages in California, but we have been there and done that so many times over the past decades......it's the pits.......u start not flushing the toilet every time you go, u cram too much into washers, forget washing a car unless it's on a lawn during the allowed day, you turn off the water while you are soaping down in a shower......it gets pretty extreme......

Good luck to all of you.....
They have watering restrictions here from time to time, but all the resorts and hotels water anyway....as probably the rest of the people if they can get by with it. Other than that, never had indoor water restrictions.

Quote:
Did anyone get in on this deal a week ago at Best Buy or HP online? If so, how many were you limited to? I've been hearing that some people bought 4-5 of them. I thought there was a limit of one per person. In any event, i missed out on it.

HP - TouchPad Tablet with 16GB Memory - Black - FB355UA#ABA

HP - TouchPad Tablet with 32GB Memory - Black - FB359UA#ABA (http://www.bestbuy.com/site/HP+-+TouchPad+Tablet+with+32GB+Memory+-+Black/2842092.p?id=1218358272750&skuId=2842092&st=hp%20w i-fi%20touchpad&cp=1&lp=2 - broken link)
I did get a new printer at Best Buy a couple of weeks ago with a coupon deal Bob had posted. I would LOVE a TouchPad, but I'll need to buy a new car before too long and am trying desperately not to spend any unnecessary money....even if something is a great deal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wurzig View Post

I think if you use an extra pillow it doesn't creep up as much as when you lie flat, right?
My parents put these walking path bricks (bought at Home Depot) under the headboard legs to raise up the bed on top about 3 inches. They are always telling me to do this....but I've yet to try it. I suppose the pillow would be pretty much the same effect. I don't bother with that either. I sleep on my side and would get a crick in my neck....

----------------------------
Ketabcha, Camper and TFW....are the fires anywhere near you? We don't want you being TOO toasty...........

Hi CW...glad to see you are back online and doing well.

HAPPY TUESDAY TO EVERYONE!!!!

Old 09-06-2011, 08:17 AM

20,797 posts, read 9,739,063 times
Wurzig I ahven't changed any of my sleeping habits. I have not done blocks on my bed either..I can just picture my husband now...LOL

I just started using that Braggs and noticed the change within three days. I like it in about 4 ounces of grape juice because it hides the vinegar flavor. My son drinks it out of the bottle for heartburn and swears by it also.

Good Morning everyone!!!

Old 09-06-2011, 10:32 AM

12,114 posts, read 14,991,553 times
All is safe here but our favorite state park may be gone ( Wild Texas Parks: Bastrop State Park - Smithville, TX) and the fire there is still out of control. So very very sad. My heart is just breaking.... not just for all the lives that are destroyed there but for me. We have had so many good times there. It's a whole different world there compared to where we live.

Does that just make me awful or what...

Old 09-06-2011, 11:59 AM

15,891 posts, read 18,312,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camper1 View Post
All is safe here but our favorite state park may be gone ( Wild Texas Parks: Bastrop State Park - Smithville, TX) and the fire there is still out of control. So very very sad. My heart is just breaking.... not just for all the lives that are destroyed there but for me. We have had so many good times there. It's a whole different world there compared to where we live.

Does that just make me awful or what...
It absolutely does not make you awful. We all look at situations through the lens of our own eyes and we gauge them with a concern as to how our lives will be changed by them. That is was humans do. It does not mean we are uncaring. We do care about others but can't help feeling concern for ourselves, too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Deals, Coupons, Free Stuff